Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " PROMOTION Hmm "

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:34 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:My personaly don't think its such a big thing if we don't get promoted this season, I'm honestly not botherd, we went through major rebuilding at the begging of the season, a rebuilding process that's far from finished, most important thing for me is that the club seems to be in a more stable financial situation, especialy when I see the likes of pompy and rangers in a right mess! I think we will push on next season from the rebuilding our club has done this season, top 10 finish this season is ok in my book, and as for the cup final... We have a punchers chance :ayatollah:

Some one talking sense at last :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:35 pm

I quoted your entire post, I broke it up to address points individually but it's all there :lol: :lol:

You said promotion could have been easily achieved. If you didnt mean that you shouldn't have said it.

We were always going to have a bad patch, we are 2 points worse off than last year at this point. promotion isn't the be all and end all, if Bolton (money worries) Wigan (no money) and Blackburn all get relegated the league will be a lot better for us next year with a better more developed squad.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:37 pm

RFMH wrote:I quoted your entire post, I broke it up to address points individually but it's all there :lol: :lol:

You said promotion could have been easily achieved. If you didnt mean that you shouldn't have said it.

We were always going to have a bad patch, we are 2 points worse off than last year at this point. promotion isn't the be all and end all, if Bolton (money worries) Wigan (no money) and Blackburn all get relegated the league will be a lot better for us next year with a better more developed squad.

All the teams around us strengthened and if we dont we will not make the play offs wich could have been easily achieved with players coming in.

Dopes that say Promotion is easy to you?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:44 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
mr'mogreenz wrote:My personaly don't think its such a big thing if we don't get promoted this season, I'm honestly not botherd, we went through major rebuilding at the begging of the season, a rebuilding process that's far from finished, most important thing for me is that the club seems to be in a more stable financial situation, especialy when I see the likes of pompy and rangers in a right mess! I think we will push on next season from the rebuilding our club has done this season, top 10 finish this season is ok in my book, and as for the cup final... We have a punchers chance :ayatollah:

At the beginning of the season I would of accepted 10th/12th place, but once your up there, you just don't throw that chance away. If we get some quality loans in now and pay them the asking wages we will make the top 6, but I def can not see the top 2 places being one of ours, yet it so could of been. If we don't strengthen now, I honestly see the play offs slipping away, in my mind, this is madness.

I just think Malky and the board are just showing some common sense. We still have a good chance of at least making the playoffs, and there is still another month to bring in loan signings. If we make it to the promised land this year - great. But if we make it next year we have a much better chance of staying up.

You can't necessarily buy promotion from this league,although Leicester have tried, and the state of Portsmouth should also be a lesson to us all. As supporters, we often think with our hearts. However, a manager and board who think with their heads will be much better for us in he long run.

But if your will to spend £5 mill :shock: then surely there were plenty of other quality players out there for say even half that ?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:48 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Here is one to think about and it makes sence to me MM has been saying for 6months + "We need more players if we are to sustain a push up the top" yet he had a supposed 4.5million in total floating about the club for 31days of the transfer window and we was supposed to have bid for some players 3-4hours before the deadline closed yet come may MM will be saying "We really needed players thats why we fell out of the playoffs" you really couldnt make this shit up its either one or the other covering something up with what we are drip fed from within then club :roll: :ayatollah:

I have been thinking very very hard about it.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

At the beginning of the season I would of accepted 10th/12th place, but once your up there, you just don't throw that chance away. If we get some quality loans in now and pay them the asking wages we will make the top 6, but I def can not see the top 2 places being one of ours, yet it so could of been. If we don't strengthen now, I honestly see the play offs slipping away, in my mind, this is madness.

I just think Malky and the board are just showing some common sense. We still have a good chance of at least making the playoffs, and there is still another month to bring in loan signings. If we make it to the promised land this year - great. But if we make it next year we have a much better chance of staying up.

You can't necessarily buy promotion from this league,although Leicester have tried, and the state of Portsmouth should also be a lesson to us all. As supporters, we often think with our hearts. However, a manager and board who think with their heads will be much better for us in he long run.

But if your will to spend £5 mill :shock: then surely there were plenty of other quality players out there for say even half that ?

There's never any value in the January transfer market and I don't really want us paying over the odds for a player that was 2nd or 3rd choice that might not feature in our plans come September.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Ask yourselves why all clubs wait till last day?

Its because of agents having more time to alert other clubs, if anything we should have made our move for Sordell even later.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:01 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Ask yourselves why all clubs wait till last day?

Its because of agents having more time to alert other clubs, if anything we should have made our move for Sordell even later.

It still does not cover up the fact MM has been saying "We need new players for a promotion push" for the last 6months+ craig hes had plenty of time and windows/funds according to himself and the owners hes backed to the hilt even the fans on here with horse blinkers on believe it,yet we all know he will be saying "We needed new players why we fell out of the top 6" come may ,which will make him look a touch silly. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:10 pm

patient? be patient. i left ninian park on the 23rd of april 1962 after watching the last top flight game we played in cardiff and im still patiently waiting.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:21 pm

skiprat wrote:patient? be patient. i left ninian park on the 23rd of april 1962 after watching the last top flight game we played in cardiff and im still patiently waiting.

We did not owe out 8k back then now u could put many zero's on that :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:44 pm

i personally dont get this mid table is fine..

if we had been mid table all season then so be it.. but we were only 2 pts of the top 2 in january. why wait another season if you have achieved the goal much sooner..

i feel now that if we are to maintain a play off spot we need at least 2 or 3 quality players to do this..

if you are in reach of the prize, why let it go...

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:47 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:i personally dont get this mid table is fine..

if we had been mid table all season then so be it.. but we were only 2 pts of the top 2 in january. why wait another season if you have achieved the goal much sooner..

i feel now that if we are to maintain a play off spot we need at least 2 or 3 quality players to do this..

if you are in reach of the prize, why let it go...

Thats exactly how I feel. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Because if we get promoted this year we could do a derby, lots of young inexperienced players and a young inexperienced manager who has never been too fussed on promotion this year.

Next year will have more maturity and experience for the squad.

Promotion isn't the be all and end all.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:05 pm

RFMH wrote:Because if we get promoted this year we could do a derby, lots of young inexperienced players and a young inexperienced manager who has never been too fussed on promotion this year.

I agree its def not the be all and end all. :ayatollah:

But when your so near,why not go for it ?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RFMH wrote:Because if we get promoted this year we could do a derby, lots of young inexperienced players and a young inexperienced manager who has never been too fussed on promotion this year.

Speculate to accumulate comes to mind, my thoughts exactly. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I agree its def not the be all and end all. :ayatollah:

Spot on. We'll regret it at the end of the season if we fail be a few points - Southampton are (or certainly were) catchable

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:52 pm

What happens if we went for it, didn't make it and we are left with even more ridiculous amounts of debt?

Everyone would be calling for the Malaysians head for gambling on promotion.

We all said last season that money can't buy you promotion, its all about the team and how we should be looking at younger players from the lower leagues and building solid foundations. Well, this season we have more of a team, who are younger, from lower leagues and we are building solid foundations.......yet this is now not good enough.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Because thats when we end up in financial mess and end up getting a winding up order. :roll:

I honestly dont know what you expect Annis. Saying we needed more faces back in October, we had just restructured everything and brought 10 new players in, surely that is enough for the time being seeing as we were going for just league survival to start. Build a team and have bodies to spare.

Things went alot better than expected and we ended up challenging for the top. January window opens, we bid £3 mill for Sordell and he turned us down last minute for a bigger wage packet at Bolton. £1 mill was put in on Phillips and got turned down, not alot we can do, they wanted shit loads for him. Noone, the deal was all done and then the chairman blocked it. We signed Kadeem Harris and made Parish a permenant signing. We then signed Vuckic in the loan window and we have enquired about other players. You and Carl even admitted there were 2 other players we were in talks with and then everything went quiet.

Off the pitch the Malaysians have invested their top dollar left right and centre and even got us those pitch lights that we moaned about all of last season.

Our players get a knock or two and we start under performing due to key players being injured or ill (Mcphail, Gestede, Hudson, Conway). Everybody goes ballistic and starts saying that we should have done more?

NONE of us expected us to be this high in the table at the start of the season, people were expecting 1 of 2 things. Mid table, Relegation battle. What have we been treated too so far? Challenging for the title/play off spots and a Carling Cup Final against Liverpool.

Why do we as fans NEVER take what good work has actually happened so far in the season and why do we turn into the worlds most negative fans after a bad run of form down to key players being out?

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:42 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Moo Cow wrote:Annis totally agree with your comments - I post similar & get slagged off for being negative :lol: :lol:

Facts are facts at the end of the day

We will slip away & finish mid table in my opinion

Its true though in my opinion, why would you not strengthen, especially 3rd/4th in the league.
There has to be a genuine reason and I personally believe it was down to spending.
Were all allowed our opinions and beliefs even if it annoys some, it does not make us a lesser fan as I would never stop going if we had 5 relegations one after another, I just think something is wrong some where ?

Annis you have a point I have read your posts on this and I have to agree with you its not negative and to be honest the loans havent come in either apart from 1 and its not good enough is it.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:46 am

brickyblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Moo Cow wrote:Annis totally agree with your comments - I post similar & get slagged off for being negative :lol: :lol:

Its true though in my opinion, why would you not strengthen, especially 3rd/4th in the league.
There has to be a genuine reason and I personally believe it was down to spending.
Were all allowed our opinions and beliefs even if it annoys some, it does not make us a lesser fan as I would never stop going if we had 5 relegations one after another, I just think something is wrong some where ?

Annis you have a point I have read your posts on this and I have to agree with you its not negative and to be honest the loans havent come in either apart from 1 and its not good enough is it.

Thank you, I am only trying to be as honest as I see it and I would hate us to miss out once again when we are so near. :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:11 am

We have very much punched above our weight this season considering but are still in a very good position at the moment

I think at the start of the season if you said we'd be in the play-offs & also reached the league cup final then most of us would have taken that....however we always want more that's not a bad thing but we have to be realistic at times.

I felt from the start of this season it was very much about rebuilding and in Malky we have a manager that has breathed life back into the club very much like what Eddie May did after replacing Len Ashurst.

Every team has a blip and ours is now although I think that the Cup final has a lot to do with it and once that is out of the way then we hit the business end of the season ...I think we will be there or thereabouts

Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:47 pm

Did we really have £5m?

Well Blackpool, Brighton and Watford all confirmed that bids went in.
Sordell thought he was a Cardiff player.

It would have had to have been a conspiracy and lie by the Club that would
put even Peter Ridsdale to shame. We'd have to include Malky MCKay in
that lie too.

I think Malky got stitched up on all three signings and I hope he learns
from it.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:05 pm

taffyapple wrote:Did we really have £5m?

that lie too.

from it.

Noone has also admitted Cardiff bid £1.2m and it was only the Brighton Chairman who finally stepped in to stop the transfer.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... t-Brighton

Sadly for some this will just be another name to add to the conspiracy theory that we never really bid for any players.

I'm with you Taff I think Brighton strung us along until the last day of the transfer window before puling the plug, but that doesn't mean we didn't do our best to sign him or Sordell for that matter.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:18 pm

that lie too.

from it.

i don't think Malky's used to being a manager of.a buying club. He's used to being the one trying to avoid selling the players and i doubt he's ever lodged a million pound bid before. In fact i doubt he had an entire transfer budget as high as that while at watford.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

That opinion is no different from many others; :old:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Aramore wrote:

that lie too.

from it.

i don't think Malky's used to being a manager of.a buying club. He's used to being the one trying to avoid selling the players and i doubt he's ever lodged a million pound bid before. In fact i doubt he had an entire transfer budget as high as that while at watford.

Malky, in my eyes, fucked up. But he will learn from it. Luckily for him he has
our supporters 100% behind him. He's a great manager and is going to get even
better in time, hopefully here!!

I think its a shame, and I think its WRONG that Vincent Tan and TG dont have the
same degree of support.

If a little kid fell in front of a train and Vincent Tan dived across the tracks to save
him I reckon you'd have some saying he only did it to get Election votes for his mate
back in Malaysia.

.... or that he tripped and saved the kid by accident as he was running away
from Cardiff City with Compass' takings for the weekend.

Anyways, this is off for a while now. So have fun chums. Salaak Alaikum. :D

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:45 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Aramore wrote:

that lie too.

from it.

Malky, in my eyes, fucked up. But he will learn from it. Luckily for him he has
our supporters 100% behind him. He's a great manager and is going to get even
better in time, hopefully here!!

I think its a shame, and I think its WRONG that Vincent Tan and TG dont have the
same degree of support.

If a little kid fell in front of a train and Vincent Tan dived across the tracks to save
him I reckon you'd have some saying he only did it to get Election votes for his mate
back in Malaysia.

.... or that he tripped and saved the kid by accident as he was running away
from Cardiff City with Compass' takings for the weekend.

Anyways, this is off for a while now. So have fun chums. Salaak Alaikum. :D

Clearly Tan pushed the kid in front of the train so he'd look good when he saved him.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:45 pm

aggree with you and have stated so before, but i have another angle to this! people say loans not in our interest in long term and no garauntee of promotion! well ok we miss out this season, so next season we strenghten with players we bought in malkie mold, young ect ect, what happens in december if we are near top? do we strenghten just on the off chance we get promotion, or do we do nothing like now!! its same situation as now! you always have to speculate to accumalate thats a fact generally. so all you people who talk of stability and debt your anser is to keep doing what we are doing and hope for the best? what will happen is eventually fans will stop buying season tickets in same numbers as now! revenue down ect ect so back to square one plodding along in championship that is a certainty!

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:56 pm

LWay wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Because thats when we end up in financial mess and end up getting a winding up order. :roll:

I honestly dont know what you expect Annis. Saying we needed more faces back in October, we had just restructured everything and brought 10 new players in, surely that is enough for the time being seeing as we were going for just league survival to start. Build a team and have bodies to spare.

Things went alot better than expected and we ended up challenging for the top. January window opens, we bid £3 mill for Sordell and he turned us down last minute for a bigger wage packet at Bolton. £1 mill was put in on Phillips and got turned down, not alot we can do, they wanted shit loads for him. Noone, the deal was all done and then the chairman blocked it. We signed Kadeem Harris and made Parish a permenant signing. We then signed Vuckic in the loan window and we have enquired about other players. You and Carl even admitted there were 2 other players we were in talks with and then everything went quiet.

Off the pitch the Malaysians have invested their top dollar left right and centre and even got us those pitch lights that we moaned about all of last season.

Our players get a knock or two and we start under performing due to key players being injured or ill (Mcphail, Gestede, Hudson, Conway). Everybody goes ballistic and starts saying that we should have done more?

NONE of us expected us to be this high in the table at the start of the season, people were expecting 1 of 2 things. Mid table, Relegation battle. What have we been treated too so far? Challenging for the title/play off spots and a Carling Cup Final against Liverpool.

Why do we as fans NEVER take what good work has actually happened so far in the season and why do we turn into the worlds most negative fans after a bad run of form down to key players being out?

the problem is what happens next season if near top at dec do we do what we done this season? nothing? because we will have debt for years! and if the owners are not being seen as wanting promotion our season tickets will fall and less income means longer in debt so cycle goes on every one else speculated and they have debts! and look whats happening to them? better chance of promotion than us a fact!!

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:aggree with you and have stated so before, but i have another angle to this! people say loans not in our interest in long term and no garauntee of promotion! well ok we miss out this season, so next season we strenghten with players we bought in malkie mold, young ect ect, what happens in december if we are near top? do we strenghten just on the off chance we get promotion, or do we do nothing like now!! its same situation as now! you always have to speculate to accumalate thats a fact generally. so all you people who talk of stability and debt your anser is to keep doing what we are doing and hope for the best? what will happen is eventually fans will stop buying season tickets in same numbers as now! revenue down ect ect so back to square one plodding along in championship that is a certainty!

We gambled before and it was complete disaster and only added to our burgeoning debt. I personally don't think we can afford to gamble again and not many clubs will in this current climate. Swansea and Norwich built pretty average sides and managed promotion on very tight budgets. Loans do work though as the later brought in a few quality players that complimented their squad.