Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " PROMOTION Hmm "

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:42 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:My personaly don't think its such a big thing if we don't get promoted this season, I'm honestly not botherd, we went through major rebuilding at the begging of the season, a rebuilding process that's far from finished, most important thing for me is that the club seems to be in a more stable financial situation, especialy when I see the likes of pompy and rangers in a right mess! I think we will push on next season from the rebuilding our club has done this season, top 10 finish this season is ok in my book, and as for the cup final... We have a punchers chance :ayatollah:

At the beginning of the season I would of accepted 10th/12th place, but once your up there, you just don't throw that chance away. If we get some quality loans in now and pay them the asking wages we will make the top 6, but I def can not see the top 2 places being one of ours, yet it so could of been. If we don't strengthen now, I honestly see the play offs slipping away, in my mind, this is madness.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:46 pm

From Facebook

David Allen They reckon they bid 3 million for marvin sordell?? an they wouldn't even up the bid on Phillips to 2mill or noone? There fulla shit!! Every team strengthened including Tha top 2 wen they didn't have tbh! I no Cardiff city, if we ad 3 million to spend we would of got a handfull of players which I don't mind buh we need strikers an wingers ASAP!!! Do you no wen then loan window closes?
33 minutes ago · Like · 1

Jamiie Davies Laon window ends on march
24 minutes ago · Like

Barry Mason i av said all a long Malky IS JUST A YES MAN FOR THE OWNERS they dont want them to go up they owe to much money to people they r full ov Shit ......
4 minutes ago · Like

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:48 pm

People like that Barry Mason on facebook Annis have probably never even seen city live, they can f**k off spouting shit like that.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:51 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:People like that Barry Mason on facebook Annis have probably never even seen city live, they can f**k off spouting shit like that.

Craig,

I never commented to him, I've just copied and pasted.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:52 pm

Aramore wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
seanmogs wrote:Annis, if we had 5million to spend in January, how is wages an obstacle for bringing in loan players? Surely that 5million should be put towards the wages of the loan players we are after? Or is it just one big lie and an excuse not to get players in?

Did we really have £5 mill ?

Why would we throw away £5 million on wages/signing on fees for loan signings? It's dead money and if we still don't get promoted after spending it on players we'll all expect more signings in the summer anyways.

£5 million could pay tevez for the rest of the season but is that really good business?

I never said spend £5 mill on loans, my question is did we really bid out £5 mill in transfers and end up with virtually zero, just seems very very odd.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:54 pm

I'm starting to get really bored of all this speculation about what happened in the window it's happened we might as well move on and look forward. We didn't strengthen whose fault was it, no one knows, Malky has come out and said he had money and didn't spend it so by him saying that a lot of people saying Malky's too picky but then certain people are blaming the Malaysians. We're never going to know and all we're doing is speculating the same thing every time we lose. The only way to find out if we're going to pay for not strengthing is too wait as fans. We were bound to loss some games this season and clearly we're going through a bad blip whether that's to do with not strengthing or the Final I don't know and I just want it to end now. Can't wait for next week now and that all thats going to be on my mind this week ;) :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Aramore wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
seanmogs wrote:Annis, if we had 5million to spend in January, how is wages an obstacle for bringing in loan players? Surely that 5million should be put towards the wages of the loan players we are after? Or is it just one big lie and an excuse not to get players in?

Did we really have £5 mill ?

Why would we throw away £5 million on wages/signing on fees for loan signings? It's dead money and if we still don't get promoted after spending it on players we'll all expect more signings in the summer anyways.

£5 million could pay tevez for the rest of the season but is that really good business?

I never said spend £5 mill on loans, my question is did we really bid out £5 mill in transfers and end up with virtually zero, just seems very very odd.

Can bid whatever you like. If the club doesn't want to sell or a bigger club comes in for the player there's not a lot you can do.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:People like that Barry Mason on facebook Annis have probably never even seen city live, they can f**k off spouting shit like that.

Craig,

I never commented to him, I've just copied and pasted.

I know that Annis, thats why im saying he can stop spouting shit like that :D

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:58 pm

From Facebook

Nigel Pepper It's the same every year , the Malaysians are taking us for fools !!
51 minutes ago · Like

Stephen Niblo Phillips We'll be lucky to make the play offs.
37 minutes ago · Like

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Carl said we had an offer accepted for Noone before the chairman pulled the plug at the last minute. Sordell was pulled out of Watford game to come sign for us before we were outbid (IMO MM should have bid later certainly not earlier).

As for Phillips I guess we didn't go back in for him becuse we were told he isn't for sale. Simple enough.

Ideally we need a striker, proven scorer in the prem, someone who can score in the champ as well.... Oh wait we do :lol:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:07 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Carl said we had an offer accepted for Noone before the chairman pulled the plug at the last minute. Sordell was pulled out of Watford game to come sign for us before we were outbid (IMO MM should have bid later certainly not earlier).

As for Phillips I guess we didn't go back in for him becuse we were told he isn't for sale. Simple enough.

Ideally we need a striker, proven scorer in the prem, someone who can score in the champ as well.... Oh wait we do :lol:

I don't think we were ever really interested in Phillips. I think it was just pressure on the Brighton board to show that we had other targets and if they wanted our money they should negotiate quickly.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Merlin wrote:I'd rather win the Carling cup than promotion!

That's one hell of a statement. If we won the League Cup and fail to get promoted I will be absolutely gutted. Yes it would be great to win something at Wembley after all the heartache we've had there, but to say you'd rather beat Liverpool in a one-off rather than play them, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal.. etc twice a year with all the financial benefits it would bring??

Come on, get real - you've only got to glance reluctantly Westwards to see what the Premier League brings. Our club NEEDS propmotion in the long term, that's why The malaysians are 'investing'

This cup has already taken the players eyes off the big prize that's in front of them - so roll on Saturday when win or lose we can start to concentrate on the serious business again.

As for the original post from Annis, I couldn't agree more - the owners are sending mixed signals. 2 or 3 key signings a few weeks back would have seen us in the top 2 now. Sadly, I think other teams are going to take advantage of our inaction

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:27 pm

I'm actually pleased that we didn't spend silly money this year. I'm feed up of the club spending money it clearly hasn't got and it's about time the Malaysian treated this club as a business. I mean we nearly went out business last year because we gambled on the big time and it got us nowhere. I also question how we've made millions from the cup run.

Hello by the way :D

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:32 pm

seanmogs wrote:
It doesnt matter about being his first season

This alone makes you a fairly rubbish football fan. Alex Fergueson won f**k all in his first few years, the board at the time for sticking with him (bear in mind he had been managing for 12 years before he became United's manager. Malky in his first season (third overall) deserves a lot more slack than most of you give him.

we were performing well and in a good position for automatic

Yes we hadn't really had a bad run of form all season, now we have. Every team has it.

all we needed to do was get a couple of players in, either in January or loans. All the teams around us strengthened and if we dont we will not make the play offs wich could have been easily achieved with players coming in.

Promotion is easy? Sorry no it's not. An as for players, again MM has never been too fussed, we have a lot of very young players:

Ralls, Mason, Gestede, Kiss, Gunnarson, Vuckic, Turner, Blake, Harris, all 23 and under. Many of whom have never played in this league.

I'd rather look back on this season, see that for a large portion of games we had a good batch of players that need more experience and a few more players so next season we have a more complete squad. Plus given the financial history of the club i'd rather see the club not spending money it doesn't have.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:33 pm

captbirdseye wrote:I'm actually pleased that we didn't spend silly money this year...

You don't need to spend millions to get 2 or 3 quality players in.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Cant disagree - this is when we should of invested - I do not know now what malasians want longer term - they dont undertsand football at all - they wont get us up on team we have in my opinion

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:37 pm

I'm enjoying it at the moment and that's what's important to me.

We have a honest team who are a match for anyone.

I'd rather be here now than in the premiership with the likes of chops and co.

I'm proud of my club at the moment and wherever they are that will do for me.

You get to the premiership, what do you want...STRESS from relegation?

I'm not in a hurry for that

let's just give our all as fans on Sunday and see where we are then eh?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:40 pm

HandyLegs wrote:
captbirdseye wrote:I'm actually pleased that we didn't spend silly money this year...

The players we went for in January were silly money though I mean 3 million for Sorrdell is a lot of money for a club our size.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:49 pm

captbirdseye wrote:
HandyLegs wrote:

The players we went for in January were silly money though I mean 3 million for Sorrdell is a lot of money for a club our size.

Totally agree... forget Sordell and that overrated Noone fellow. There are plenty of players around who could have come in to freshen our squad up.

Anyone who has been at the last four or five games can see were dropping our standards at the key time again. Fresh legs in the squad give players a lift and make the team raise their standards. Yes, they need to be right for us and that includes wages and transfer fee, but don't tell me those players arn't out there because they are.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:50 pm

I reckon malky is to fussy with loan players plain & simple :!: :!: :!:

we need to strengthen big time otherwise we will do a watford

& as any1 else noticed tha malky always moans about the ref when we lose (but this time he ws tight 2 red card all day)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:54 pm

HandyLegs wrote:
captbirdseye wrote:
HandyLegs wrote:

The players we went for in January were silly money though I mean 3 million for Sorrdel
l is a lot of money for a club our size.

Totally agree... forget Sordell and that overrated Noone fellow. There are plenty of players around who could have come in to freshen our squad up.

Anyone who has been at the last four or five games can see were dropping our standards at the key time again. Fresh legs in the squad give players a lift and make the team raise their standards. Yes, they need to be right for us and that includes wages and transfer fee, but don't tell me those players arn't out there because they are.

I agree we need a few faces (got Vuckic) but I'd much prefer giving our youth a chance and save the money for the summer when better value for players is around. I think we need at least a 3 season plan for promotion and just build gradually in a business sense on and off the pitch especially with the current financial climate.
Last edited by captbirdseye on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
mr'mogreenz wrote:My personaly don't think its such a big thing if we don't get promoted this season, I'm honestly not botherd, we went through major rebuilding at the begging of the season, a rebuilding process that's far from finished, most important thing for me is that the club seems to be in a more stable financial situation, especialy when I see the likes of pompy and rangers in a right mess! I think we will push on next season from the rebuilding our club has done this season, top 10 finish this season is ok in my book, and as for the cup final... We have a punchers chance :ayatollah:

At the beginning of the season I would of accepted 10th/12th place, but once your up there, you just don't throw that chance away. If we get some quality loans in now and pay them the asking wages we will make the top 6, but I def can not see the top 2 places being one of ours, yet it so could of been. If we don't strengthen now, I honestly see the play offs slipping away, in my mind, this is madness.

I just think Malky and the board are just showing some common sense. We still have a good chance of at least making the playoffs, and there is still another month to bring in loan signings. If we make it to the promised land this year - great. But if we make it next year we have a much better chance of staying up.

You can't necessarily buy promotion from this league,although Leicester have tried, and the state of Portsmouth should also be a lesson to us all. As supporters, we often think with our hearts. However, a manager and board who think with their heads will be much better for us in he long run.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:00 pm

captbirdseye wrote:I agree we need a few faces (got Vuckic) but I'd much prefer giving our youth a chance and save the money for the summer when better value for players is around. I think we need at least a 3 season plan for promotion and just build gradually in a business sense on and off the pitch especially with the current financial climate.

F*ck the 3 season plan - 4 games ago we were in pole position for automatic promotion. Now we are struggling to keep our heads in the top 6.

We must take the oportunity when it comes along. Look at Forest - the same team that got beat by the Jacks (and would've probably gone on to get promotion) is now odds-on to be in League 1 next season.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:05 pm

Here is one to think about and it makes sence to me MM has been saying for 6months + "We need more players if we are to sustain a push up the top" yet he had a supposed 4.5million in total floating about the club for 31days of the transfer window and we was supposed to have bid for some players 3-4hours before the deadline closed yet come may MM will be saying "We really needed players thats why we fell out of the playoffs" you really couldnt make this shit up its either one or the other covering something up with what we are drip fed from within then club :roll: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:08 pm

HandyLegs wrote:
captbirdseye wrote:I agree we need a few faces (got Vuckic) but I'd much prefer giving our youth a chance and save the money for the summer when better value for players is around. I think we need at least a 3 season plan for promotion and just build gradually in a business sense on and off the pitch especially with the current financial climate.

F*ck the 3 season plan - 4 games ago we were in pole position for automatic promotion. Now we are struggling to keep our heads in the top 6.

We must take the oportunity when it comes along. Look at Forest - the same team that got beat by the Jacks (and would've probably gone on to get promotion) is now odds-on to be in League 1 next season.

Forest are also skint and gambled on a big time manager bit like us last year.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:20 pm

Well said Tonteg Bluebird. Too many posters on here have their heads in the clouds and really think we are in a position to spend spend spend. Reality is our income (even with the Carling Cup money) is no-where near covering expenditure. We'd be dead and buried without the Malaysians.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:26 pm

Anyone who was serious about strengthening in the January transfer window wouldn't have a manager 1000's of miles away looking at soccer schools in countries we would never have a chance of bringing any players over even if we did find a gem!!!!
Last edited by Angry Man on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Guys, we nearly got taken to court for missing payments 16 months ago, that was after a last minute payment to HMRS a few months earlier.

We will be extremely lucky if we make the play offs although the home games after Hull appear encouraging. Teams that go up are that teams. We need a core of players who know each others game inside out and can follow the tactics the management team have developed for that match.
There are still far too many questions we need to answer before we are ready. Where do we play Mason, Blake and Cowie. Are Conway, Kiss and Rudy good enough, is Ralls ready for the end of season. What happens if Millar gets injured and Earnie is in the MLS. Is kadeem Harris any good ?

We are not ready, we just went on a good run. Next season is the clincher. (assuming we don't sell Whitts and Gunnarson)

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:27 pm

no chance of promotion this season we are leaking too many goals and not scoring enough and our squad is neither big enough or good enough to cope with the heavy fixture load after the Carling Cup final. As you say we are 3 or 4 players short of having a very good squad. I for one am very disappointed all the money the club has made from the cup run was not reinvested into the squad in January. Next week is a one off match and you can never predict a result over 90 minutes but you can predict how things will go over a long season and sadly I predict we will fail in our promotion bid this season. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:29 pm

RFMH wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
It doesnt matter about being his first season

This alone makes you a fairly rubbish football fan. Alex Fergueson won f**k all in his first few years, the board at the time for sticking with him (bear in mind he had been managing for 12 years before he became United's manager. Malky in his first season (third overall) deserves a lot more slack than most of you give him.

we were performing well and in a good position for automatic

Yes we hadn't really had a bad run of form all season, now we have. Every team has it.

all we needed to do was get a couple of players in, either in January or loans. All the teams around us strengthened and if we dont we will not make the play offs wich could have been easily achieved with players coming in.

Promotion is easy? Sorry no it's not. An as for players, again MM has never been too fussed, we have a lot of very young players:

Ralls, Mason, Gestede, Kiss, Gunnarson, Vuckic, Turner, Blake, Harris, all 23 and under. Many of whom have never played in this league.

I'd rather look back on this season, see that for a large portion of games we had a good batch of players that need more experience and a few more players so next season we have a more complete squad. Plus given the financial history of the club i'd rather see the club not spending money it doesn't have.

If youre going to quote me have the decency to quote my whole post, not picking out lines so you can twist it to your liking.

To compare Malky to Ferguson is silly anyway, i only said it didnt matter about it being his first season BECAUSE he was doing a fine job and we were playing well, all we needed were a few players to sustain it.

Everyone has a bad run yes, but we look tired and clumsy, players need to have a rest but we havnt got the strength in depth.

I never said promotion was easy? you just plucked the word easy and assume i meant promotion was easy?

Stop being an ass and twisting my posts to suit you and your opinion. Thanks.