Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" PROMOTION Hmm "

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:44 pm

Just arrived back from Majorca, back to be honest and in some peoples eyes negative, but its my honest opinion.

Promotion was there for us big time, top 2 were places were also there for us. All we simply had to do was strengthen with 3 or 4 quality players, we never and until we do I honestly feel we will totally mess up. I have been saying this since October, so I have not changed my mind. I honestly can not believe we have not strengthened and I just cant understand it.
We have made millions from the Cup and season tickets.

Last 12 league games Won 4
Perhaps someone can answer it ? ? ?

I am going to Wembley very positive as I honestly believe because we are total under dogs, we do have a chance as there is no pressure whats so ever on us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " PROMOTION Hmm "

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:49 pm

Annis totally agree with your comments - I post similar & get slagged off for being negative :lol: :lol:

Facts are facts at the end of the day

We will slip away & finish mid table in my opinion

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:52 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Annis totally agree with your comments - I post similar & get slagged off for being negative :lol: :lol:

Facts are facts at the end of the day

We will slip away & finish mid table in my opinion

Its true though in my opinion, why would you not strengthen, especially 3rd/4th in the league.
There has to be a genuine reason and I personally believe it was down to spending.
Were all allowed our opinions and beliefs even if it annoys some, it does not make us a lesser fan as I would never stop going if we had 5 relegations one after another, I just think something is wrong some where ?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:55 pm

Annis we've seen all sorts of emotions following the city for 25-30 years

Its so frustrating after the 3rd/4th division days we are so close to the premiership & we don't get support for that final push

Oh well start all over again next season :roll:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:56 pm

So you wanted to spend next years season ticket money this season in a gamble to get promotion leaving no money for the running of the club next year?

It's like deja vu all over again.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:56 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Annis we've seen all sorts of emotions following the city for 25-30 years

Its so frustrating after the 3rd/4th division days we are so close to the premiership & we don't get support for that final push

Oh well start all over again next season :roll:

Yes we have, also 9 years in the 4th Division.
But what annoys/hurts me is we are so close, yet we are allowing promotion to pass us by.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Annis i didn,t know you was away, i sent you a pm on friday!!!!!

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:02 pm

Annis, if we had 5million to spend in January, how is wages an obstacle for bringing in loan players? Surely that 5million should be put towards the wages of the loan players we are after? Or is it just one big lie and an excuse not to get players in?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:05 pm

NJ73 wrote:So you wanted to spend next years season ticket money this season in a gamble to get promotion leaving no money for the running of the club next year?

It's like deja vu all over again.

Don,t you just love it, swansea town fans takin the moral high ground on finances, a club that have been in administation twice, almost fell out of the football league over it and shafted their creditors by forcing them to take 5p in the pound, brilliant!!!!

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:05 pm

I'd rather win the Carling cup than promotion! And since we are already in the final there's more chance of that than promotion. Our teams not really as competitive as we want it to be in the championship so what good is it going to be in the prem? Let's go for glory in the cup - one game 110% effort and try and win a major trophy with a door into Europe!! It's what we all dream of as Cardiff fans isn't it - lifting a trophy and a European tour! I don't think it's the fact we don't have enough players for promotion, I think personally it's down to the fact we lack quality! And we make too many mistakes! We've thrown 19 points away this season from winning positions - and that's what is costing us - the inability to hold onto a lead and finish teams off.....

One 90 min game v Liverpool coming away with victory will go a long way to appease so many bluebirds! :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:06 pm

Annis, agree with you, so close yet so far. We get ourselves in a good position and let it slip. We have over achieved to get ourselves in the top 3 but when you get yourself there why not strengthen and push on. Its no good trying to bring in players in the last couple of hours of the transfer window when other clubs are also trying to make some panic buys.

The current squad have done excellent to get where they are but when we get so close why not show a bit of ambition like our competitors and spend some money to strengthen.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:06 pm

cityone wrote:Annis i didn,t know you was away, i sent you a pm on friday!!!!!

Just going through my pm's now. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:07 pm

seanmogs wrote:Annis, if we had 5million to spend in January, how is wages an obstacle for bringing in loan players? Surely that 5million should be put towards the wages of the loan players we are after? Or is it just one big lie and an excuse not to get players in?

Did we really have £5 mill ?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:08 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Annis, agree with you, so close yet so far. We get ourselves in a good position and let it slip. We have over achieved to get ourselves in the top 3 but when you get yourself there why not strengthen and push on. Its no good trying to bring in players in the last couple of hours of the transfer window when other clubs are also trying to make some panic buys.

The current squad have done excellent to get where they are but when we get so close why not show a bit of ambition like our competitors and spend some money to strengthen.

Totally agree, we have well over achieved, but as you say once your up there, you want more and surely once your up there, you go for it.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:10 pm

I can't seeing us going up :cry:

Forever Blue wrote:
seanmogs wrote:Annis, if we had 5million to spend in January, how is wages an obstacle for bringing in loan players? Surely that 5million should be put towards the wages of the loan players we are after? Or is it just one big lie and an excuse not to get players in?

Thats what im trying to say, is it just a big cover up from the club in an excuse not to get anyone in but keep the fans happy that we have 'tried'.

My personaly don't think its such a big thing if we don't get promoted this season, I'm honestly not botherd, we went through major rebuilding at the begging of the season, a rebuilding process that's far from finished, most important thing for me is that the club seems to be in a more stable financial situation, especialy when I see the likes of pompy and rangers in a right mess! I think we will push on next season from the rebuilding our club has done this season, top 10 finish this season is ok in my book, and as for the cup final... We have a punchers chance :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just arrived back from Majorca, back to be honest and in some peoples eyes negative, but its my honest opinion.

Promotion was there for us big time, top 2 were places were also there for us. All we simply had to do was strengthen with 3 or 4 quality players, we never and until we do I honestly feel we will totally mess up. I have been saying this since October, so I have not changed my mind. I honestly can not believe we have not strengthened and I just cant understand it.
We have made millions from the Cup and season tickets.

Last 12 league games Won 4
Perhaps someone can answer it ? ? ?

I am going to Wembley very positive as I honestly believe because we are total under dogs, we do have a chance as there is no pressure whats so ever on us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis
We bothhave stated the lack of investment both in transfer & loan windows will cost us. Given what went on in the summer we all would have taken a season of team building with a view to a promotion push next season. We have as many have written including myself over performed as a team but the season is catching yo ontired legs and bodies. So lets all enjoy the final next Sunday and give the team ourfull backing. If it has to benext year sobeit. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:17 pm

To be honest, everyone seemed happy with mid table at the start of the season as the majority classed this season a rebuilding season. Malky has worked miracles to get us to where we are in the league, we are punching above our weight with a small squad. Suddenly, we lose a few games and it's all doom and gloom. Malky and the Malaysians are suddenly getting questioned. Personally, I am thankful for everything Malky and the Malyasians have done this season, I believe they are doing everything they can for the best interests of our club and I will 100% back them and support them whether we go up or not this season.

The way I see it, we didn't strengthen in January and that was a disappointment. However, that money we failed to spend can now go towards paying off Langston etc. I would much rather us be in the Championship with a safe future than in the Premiership with an uncertain future and I would quite happily take another few seasons in the Championship while our surrounding debts are being cleared. The Malaysians say they are "building blocks" which to me means they are clearing debts and signing assets (young players who can potentially be sold on for profits). I think some of our fans are getting carried away with how well we have done this season, Malky has been a victim of his own success in a way and now expectation levels have risen. The fans need to realise we have a small squad with a lot of young kids featuring in the team and this will always bring inconsistant performances.

It's disappointing we haven't brought in more loan players to help the squad yet. But the Malayasians won't be hasty with bringing in loans. I've read people posting saying if we bid 3 million for Sordell, the Malaysians should be able to afford to pay a big percentage of a players wage to bring him in on loan, but why should they? The Malayasians want to acquire assets to benefit our club and they will see any wages dished out for loan players as dead money, so of course we are going to try and negotiate the best possible deal. Personally, I think we are all being greedy and we are demanding things that aren't realistic.

I think we all need to reflect and get back to the realism of how well we have done this season already. We need to cut out the negativity, cut out the unrealistic demands and be the twelth man for the remainder of the season. All the doom gloomers need to stop moaning, stop being negative and give their 100% backing and support from now until the end of the season. We should all be enjoying this season as we have achieved a lot already, we have reached the Carling Cup final and are doing well in the league. This season has already exceeded my expectations and I firmly believe this season is just the beginning of the successful times ahead that Malky and the Malaysians will bring to us. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:17 pm

Agree Annis.

To me it's why we might end up mid table when we could've won this league.

I understand Malky not wanting to buy just any player to fill a shirt but this means the recruitment process can also be long winded when we needed to be ruthless.

Vuckic & Kadeem Harris won't get us promoted.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Why would we throw away £5 million on wages/signing on fees for loan signings? It's dead money and if we still don't get promoted after spending it on players we'll all expect more signings in the summer anyways.

£5 million could pay tevez for the rest of the season but is that really good business?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Aramore wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Why would we throw away £5 million on wages/signing on fees for loan signings? It's dead money and if we still don't get promoted after spending it on players we'll all expect more signings in the summer anyways.

£5 million could pay tevez for the rest of the season but is that really good business?

Who said to spend the whole 5million? We only need a fraction of that to get 2 decent loan players in. Wages should not be a problem thats my point.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Dave Jones' first season we finished 12th

MM's first season will exceed that and MM is only in his third full season as a manager (Dave Jones was in his 8/9th and had already got a team promoted.

We should be more patient with our team and manager.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:21 pm

We were never going to spend £5m on loans, come on use your heads! loans are dead money where permanent deals have a re-sale value.

Malky tried to strengthen by bidding £3m on Sordell, we were gazumped by a prem team.
We had a bid accepted for Noone that the Brighton Chairman vetoed at the last minute.

Annis, where is there lack of investment there, as far as i can see things didnt go our way in the transfer window.

What have you got against the current board? I know you don't think they are right for the club, but why?

People are moaning because we lack numbers, What if Malky had bought in four extra players in transfer window, lets say for example, he bought in:

JLS
Stephen Bywater
Jason Koumas
JET

these are players, would we be happy with these? i mean, they give us more depth do they not?

Annis, i always respect your opinion, you've been through more than most with the city but sometimes you come across as one of the new breed of spoilt fan who demands instant success and i know thats not you!!

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:22 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:We were never going to spend £5m on loans, come on use your heads! loans are dead money where permanent deals have a re-sale value.

Malky tried to strengthen by bidding £3m on Sordell, we were gazumped by a prem team.
We had a bid accepted for Noone that the Brighton Chairman vetoed at the last minute.

Annis, where is there lack of investment there, as far as i can see things didnt go our way in the transfer window.

What have you got against the current board? I know you don't think they are right for the club, but why?

People are moaning because we lack numbers, What if Malky had bought in four extra players in transfer window, lets say for example, he bought in:

JLS
Stephen Bywater
Jason Koumas
JET

these are players, would we be happy with these? i mean, they give us more depth do they not?

Annis, i always respect your opinion, you've been through more than most with the city but sometimes you come across as one of the new breed of spoilt fan who demands instant success and i know thats not you!!

To be fair JET's been on good form lately :P

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:22 pm

I'd prefer Miller to Tevez :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:24 pm

RFMH wrote:Dave Jones' first season we finished 12th

MM's first season will exceed that and MM is only in his third full season as a manager (Dave Jones was in his 8/9th and had already got a team promoted.

We should be more patient with our team and manager.

It doesnt matter about being his first season, we were performing well and in a good position for automatic, all we needed to do was get a couple of players in, either in January or loans. All the teams around us strengthened and if we dont we will not make the play offs wich could have been easily achieved with players coming in.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:26 pm

Dont be negative your not allowed. Your post will be deleted. :!:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:33 pm

Annis i think you still feel Malky is not being backed by our owners, but as i stated earlier and was slated i honestly feel its Malky he just wont take any risks on players he feels may rock the Boat, 1 player i feel who would have made an impression with us and that is Jason Roberts, look at Reading now again its only my opinion :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Annis, have to agree with you on the issue of getting players in. I thought a few weeks back that maybe we could get away with what we had, however having seen the Leicester game and yesterday at Ipswich it has become obvious we need to bring players in.Malky is a top manager but he aint a miracle worker.