Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

You Have to admit it....

Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:12 pm

We havent played well since hudson has been out of the team !

big fan of hudson and we need his leadership out there

Re: You Have to admit it....

Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:14 pm

Yup :-)

Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Turner looked lost without him at Ipswich, was never a fan of Hudson but this season he has been top class. Hope he is fit soon :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:30 pm

What injury did he pick up - I thought it was only a simple calf strain? Can't believe he's been out this long, and I've always maintained that him and Turner are the best pairing we have, we are missing him.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:59 pm

Merlin wrote:What injury did he pick up - I thought it was only a simple calf strain? Can't believe he's been out this long, and I've always maintained that him and Turner are the best pairing we have, we are missing him.

agreed i think he will be back for the next league game, not sure about carling cup

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:02 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
Merlin wrote:What injury did he pick up - I thought it was only a simple calf strain? Can't believe he's been out this long, and I've always maintained that him and Turner are the best pairing we have, we are missing him.

agreed i think he will be back for the next league game, not sure about carling cup

As I said in this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72270, I don't think Hudson or Gerrard should start at Wembley!

My reasons are copied below:-

I think that Darcy should start against Liverpool and I'd play him alongside Turner!

Although I thought Gerrard was playing slightly better than Hudson when Turner came into the side and was unlucky to have been dropped, Gerrard's performances have been decidedly average at best, since Hudson got injured!

Even if Hudson was fit for the Cup Final, I'd still play Darcy alongside Turner, as Wembley is a big pitch and with Hudson just coming back from several weeks out, I think he'd struggle!

I know Darcy has his failings and that his distribution is poor on occasion (As well as McNaughton btw), I think that Darcy's pace could be very effective in combatting Liverpool's pacey frontline of Suarez, Bellamy, Downing and possibly Kuyt!

We'd lose a bit of height with Darcy in the side and Carroll could cause us problems should he play, but I think Darcy's pace would be more beneficial than height on such a big pitch!

Darcy's also played there and marked Rooney out of the match for 90 minutes fairly recently and my starting back four would be:-

McNaughton, Blake, Turner & Taylor!