Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Come on calm down, I have!

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:23 am

To be honest yesterday at 5pm I felt like selling the Wembley ticket, do I really want to drive all the way up there to be thumped by Liverpool....

Ah.... the sun has come out today and let's reflect....

We've been struggling for a while now and this run of results are due. There are much better teams than us in the division, Blackpool, Leicester, West Ham, Southampton, Reading.... on paper these guys should beat us.

We've been worked out, stop Whitts stop Cardiff. Boy have we missed Hudson, Gerrard is no calming influence and that's what Turner needs. Also, Whitts is no captain, give it to Miller or someone else (he captains Scotland).

So now I'm actually looking forward to Wembley, if Liverpool play to half of what they can they'll beat us even if we play to the best of our ability.

What we need is a pacey winger, and another good centre forward, the club have struggled to deliver this. If we'd captured Noone and Sordell and kept Hudson fit we'd be a different animal, but we didn't.

I don't think that the new boy from Newcastle is the answer, he's no better than Mason, in fact he's worse, but he's 19 playing away from his home club... I'll give the boy a chance.

My prediction, no that I've chilled, is a minimum of 3-0 loss next week and a finish in the play-offs to be eliminated in the first round of games.

I also think Cowie and "super" Kev are receiving plaudits they don't deserve. Kev's distribution is appalling, similar to Darcy he's a great backs to the wall defender, but..... Cowie works his socks off, but doing what.... I'd like to see him in more of a central position to use that energy to win the ball back.

We're not far off but too far for this season, let's enjoy the ride and allow MM to build further in the summer.

I think the biggest challenge is whether MM can motivate the team further to keep performing... it's going to be a big challenge and I for one wished we'd lost to Blackburn in the cup and were totally focused on the league. :old:

Re: Come on calm down, I have!

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:49 am

Excellent post, & i couldn't agree more. I'm another who thinks our cup run has taken away our real focus this season. As for L'pool beating us 3-0, whats the odds on Bellamy scoring a hat trick?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:36 pm

100% agree.....
the facts are clear we should of strengthened and we did nt so take the consequences ,

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:57 pm

I think most clubs in our position were doing the same as us looking for a pacey wide guy and a cf that"s why these guys command the biggest transfer fees, we need to make the most of this cup run cash in on it and hopefully buy in the summer,there are usually a glut of players out of contract in the summer