Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FICKLE FANS !!!!!

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:12 am

For fucks sake ? really some of our fans are so fickle its unreal. we loose and few games and their jumping down malkys throat for it ? why Malky has done absolute wonders for us, if it wasen't for him we could be fighting for our status as a Championship club.

Everyone needs to chill out and remember how far we have come this season, we all said we would finish around 10th place and that would be it... but no Carling Cup final which is practiclty the verge of europe and in the play-off places. But still we have fans who find it in them to slag of Malky and the team.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS IN MALKY I TRUST :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: FICKLE FANS !!!!!

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:05 am

Well said. Some people need a reality check-next sunday we are playing in a major final. We are in top 6 and whilst we have played poorly recently we cannot win everygame. Yesterday we were poor but had the ref made the right decision then we would have won. Malky is a top manager, in him I trust.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:21 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Some people need a reality check-next sunday we are playing in a major final.

We are in a tin-pot cup final that nobody notices anymore, yes it was great in the 70's and 80's but times have changed - give me the Premiership over this any day of the week.

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:We are in top 6 and whilst we have played poorly recently we cannot win everygame.

Yes we are top 6 but the teams below us have games in hand which will see us drop out if they win - our recent performances have not been good enough - end of.

Gareth (Wilts) wrote: Yesterday we were poor but had the ref made the right decision then we would have won.

Let's not kid ourselves, I was at the game yesterday and apart from the odd Whittingham chance, we were 2nd best against a poor Ipswich side. Yes, the keeper should have gone, but that's football for you - we deserved AND GOT nothing.

Gareth (Wilts) wrote: Malky is a top manager, in him I trust.

That I do agree with :ayatollah: - but he should have been backed in the transfer window. OK, we had significant bids turned down, but there are more players out there good enough to have made the difference to our team. We look tired and worn out - contrast that to teams around us who look fresh and rejuvenated having brought players in.

Sorry to be negative, but my glass isn't half full after trawling the other side of the UK yesterday to be served that rubbish.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:26 am

i see where you come from mate and i agree with your points you got across but some so called "fans" slagging off the players and malky cos we lost 2 or 3 games. Okay were doing well but if we win the final which i hope we do you know how big of a boost that will be. We will be on a major high and id then fancy us to steal 2nd place with a good run in to the end of the season :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:38 am

HandyLegs wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Some people need a reality check-next sunday we are playing in a major final.

We are in a tin-pot cup final that nobody notices anymore, yes it was great in the 70's and 80's but times have changed - give me the Premiership over this any day of the week.

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:We are in top 6 and whilst we have played poorly recently we cannot win everygame.

Yes we are top 6 but the teams below us have games in hand which will see us drop out if they win - our recent performances have not been good enough - end of.

Gareth (Wilts) wrote: Yesterday we were poor but had the ref made the right decision then we would have won.

Let's not kid ourselves, I was at the game yesterday and apart from the odd Whittingham chance, we were 2nd best against a poor Ipswich side. Yes, the keeper should have gone, but that's football for you - we deserved AND GOT nothing.

Gareth (Wilts) wrote: Malky is a top manager, in him I trust.

That I do agree with :ayatollah: - but he should have been backed in the transfer window. OK, we had significant bids turned down, but there are more players out there good enough to have made the difference to our team. We look tired and worn out - contrast that to teams around us who look fresh and rejuvenated having brought players in.

Sorry to be negative, but my glass isn't half full after trawling the other side of the UK yesterday to be served that rubbish.

its not a tin pot cup the scousers are going nuts on it

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:03 pm

It is a tin pot cup. If not why did we play our kids in the early rounds ? :?

At the beginning of the season we all thought a good season would be safe mid table whilst flirting with the play offs.

We are slightly ahead of schedule maybe that is down to scheduling or perhaps we are better than mid table.

I doubt we will be promoted, but imagine if we did........ By October the "Sack Malky" threads would be abundant, well a club of our stature should be in the champion league spots..

I suppose the fact that I sat through the late 80's early 90's makes me appreciate where we are now. :old: :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:39 pm

you cant say to me that our recent 3 out of 4 defeats has nothing to do with the cup. It's too much of a coincidence for it not to be.

I just hope that we don't fail by a few points at the end of the season because if we do then this cup-run will be at fault :evil:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:10 pm

It may also be the absence of our much maligned (not for the foreseeable future I guess) skipper - Mark Hudson.