Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is super kev really that super?

Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Really not playing well at the moment, but in most fans eyes he can do no wrong. Iv always been a fan of his but starting to show up his lack of ability with the way he's been asked to play under malky. Still gives 110% but other than that is he really that good. Gives the ball away loads too.

Re: Is super kev really that super?

Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:51 pm

Defensively he's sound but when he goes forward he's shit. His final ball is crap.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Kevin has always lacked the final ball, if he had more quality going forward he would have been snapped up by a lower premiership club by now, Paul Quinn is similar Quinny is great at defending but lacks an attacking option.
I think that come the summer Malky will be in the transfer market for a right back.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:46 pm

Er, Adam Matthews anyone :roll: Ipswich away last season he scored an own goal, Dave Jones publicly slagged him off, don't remember seing him play for us again. A Scots pal of mine tells me that he is terriffic for Celtic. As is Joe. Lost them both on frees :evil:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:52 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Er, Adam Matthews anyone :roll: Ipswich away last season he scored an own goal, Dave Jones publicly slagged him off, don't remember seing him play for us again. A Scots pal of mine tells me that he is terriffic for Celtic. As is Joe. Lost them both on frees :evil:

Makes u sick mate dont it

Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:53 pm

Super Kev does seem to be a little less reliable than the Kev of a couple of season's ago, hate to say it but i actually prefer Darcy as right back atm. :o

Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:05 pm

I am begining to think that i should stop him shagging my Wife :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I am begining to think that i should stop him shagging my Wife :lol: :lol: :lol:

I take it you don't want silver hair too? Oh wait you already have silver hair you old b*stard. :old:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:11 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I am begining to think that i should stop him shagging my Wife :lol: :lol: :lol:

I take it you don't want silver hair too? Oh wait you already have silver hair you old b*stard. :old:

Now that is well out of order young Man. Show some respect and i object to the silver Hair bit :lol:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:15 pm

If both players start next sunday....Super Kev's biggest test to date will be up against Bellers.

This ( IMO ) Is one of 3-5 key match ups for the final...and i would put this in the top 3.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:16 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Now that is well out of order young Man. Show some respect and i object to the silver Hair bit :lol:

Sorry constable! Couldn't help myself. :D

Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:36 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Er, Adam Matthews anyone :roll: Ipswich away last season he scored an own goal, Dave Jones publicly slagged him off, don't remember seing him play for us again. A Scots pal of mine tells me that he is terriffic for Celtic. As is Joe. Lost them both on frees :evil:

Fecking hell when did all this happen :old: :old:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:40 pm

rumneyblue wrote:Kevin has always lacked the final ball, if he had more quality going forward he would have been snapped up by a lower premiership club by now, Paul Quinn is similar Quinny is great at defending but lacks an attacking option.
I think that come the summer Malky will be in the transfer market for a right back.

Not sure how you can compare Kev to Quinn, but each to their own I suppose :roll:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:22 am

brithdirblue wrote:Really not playing well at the moment, but in most fans eyes he can do no wrong. Iv always been a fan of his but starting to show up his lack of ability with the way he's been asked to play under malky. Still gives 110% but other than that is he really that good. Gives the ball away loads too.

are you actually serious :lol:

this has gotta be a f*cking joke, the guy is the best defender weve had at the club in my lifetime! the amount of times he's saved us with last ditch challenges, not to mention the little amount of times he EVER gets beaten by a winger or let's a cross come in down his side, who cares if he gives the ball away every now and then, if he was perfect he'd be at Barcelona or Man Utd but for this standard he is oustanding at what he does and that's defending!

absolutely ridiculous post!

Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:35 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
brithdirblue wrote:Really not playing well at the moment, but in most fans eyes he can do no wrong. Iv always been a fan of his but starting to show up his lack of ability with the way he's been asked to play under malky. Still gives 110% but other than that is he really that good. Gives the ball away loads too.

are you actually serious :lol:

this has gotta be a f*cking joke, the guy is the best defender weve had at the club in my lifetime! the amount of times he's saved us with last ditch challenges, not to mention the little amount of times he EVER gets beaten by a winger or let's a cross come in down his side, who cares if he gives the ball away every now and then, if he was perfect he'd be at Barcelona or Man Utd but for this standard he is oustanding at what he does and that's defending!

absolutely ridiculous post!

Totally agree with everything you said, how anybody can question him is unbeleivable. His distribution could be better but his effort, endeavour , commitment and quality is unquestionable in my eyes, especially at this level. He does not stop. MM has asked him to attack more, he attacked under DJ, the guy will go down as a legend if you ask me.
Dont know you but I haveto say that this is a silly post

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:41 am

Sorry - how can you say this is a ridiculous post? Nobody has said or doubted that Kev is an excellent defender and gives 100%. The post was about the role he is asked to play and I agree,he's simply not good enough to play as a marauding wing back as his final ball is usually rubbish and he is then left caught up field leaving Cowie to try and fill in. He was miles better on Tuesday night because Malky appeared to have told him to play mainly as a RB, but many of his performances this season have been below his own high standards of the last few seasons.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:44 am

The style we play under MM requires him to do the stuff he is not great at. If we had any natural width and he just supported the winger, we shut off the left flank for the opposition. He only gets "exposed" when the opposition double up on him (and Taylor) with a winger and a full back.

Best right back I can remember

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:06 am

Don't get me wrong, he's a cracking player, but that missin part of his game is the reason y he's playin championship football with Cardiff City, instead of prem league. He's got everything except that composure in final third.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:28 am

He was super about 2 seasons ago! Now he has lost that yard of pace and even more succeptable to injuries. To be honest, I prefer Blake right back- more physical and younger. :?:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:10 pm

Bluenutts wrote:He was super about 2 seasons ago! Now he has lost that yard of pace and even more succeptable to injuries. To be honest, I prefer Blake right back- more physical and younger. :?:

:lol:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Is this the same Kevin McNaughton who many said thought was MOTM against Peterboro, admittedly big mistake for Ipswich's 3rd yesterday, but I think a certain other of our defenders could possibly have tried a little harder to cut out the cross or rephrase that tried.

The Kevin McNaughton we are talking about here is the same one that has never been particularly good at his crossing, but it's the same one who has charged forward relentlessly and then charged back to often be our last defender.

He's probably been one of, if not the most consistent right back in the Championship over the last 4/5 seasons and let's not forget that's what we still are a Championship side.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:47 pm

Bluenutts wrote:He was super about 2 seasons ago! Now he has lost that yard of pace and even more succeptable to injuries. To be honest, I prefer Blake right back- more physical and younger. :?:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: