A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The complete lack of investment is now showing

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:38 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Aramore wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Angry Man wrote:Can you supply me with a link to that story because I cant find anything about Sordell confirming himself about any down payment or that he was on his way to Cardiff in a car

No I can not, as Joshccfc (thats Dave to you and me) has gone to bed now as its getting late, but maybe he can give you the ins and outs of the deal in the morning? :ayatollah:

So realistically thats more comments but you which are un-supported by evidence. Typical hey

Sorry - what language is that?

I'm pretty sure it's Bullshit

Well I will put it out to everyone then: Show me evidence where Sordell is admitting the facts of the bid or that he was in a car on his way to Cardiff when that Bolton bid come in.

how about you show some proof that the Malaysians both promised us promotion and have put no investment into the club.

10 New players in the summer. Four of which commanded fees. High singing on fees for both players and agents plus high wages as the club is known to be one of the better payers in the division.

An entire new backroom staff as well as still paying many of the old backroom staff.

Two new players in January, one that did command a fee another that probably did. Additional signing on fees and agent fees plus more wages.

A loan signing from a premier league club. Signing on fees, wages.

New glow lamps brought to the club.

£1.2 million put into the club just to stop us going under.

Where is the lack of investment?

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Aramore wrote:Well I will put it out to everyone then: Show me evidence where Sordell is admitting the facts of the bid or that he was in a car on his way to Cardiff when that Bolton bid come in.

how about you show some proof that the Malaysians both promised us promotion and have put no investment into the club.

10 New players in the summer. Four of which commanded fees. High singing on fees for both players and agents plus high wages as the club is known to be one of the better payers in the division.

An entire new backroom staff as well as still paying many of the old backroom staff.

Two new players in January, one that did command a fee another that probably did. Additional signing on fees and agent fees plus more wages.

A loan signing from a premier league club. Signing on fees, wages.

New glow lamps brought to the club.

£1.2 million put into the club just to stop us going under.

Where is the lack of investment?[/quote]

Lets not twist the way this topic is going. Lets get the proof to comments made about the Sordell bid first

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:43 pm

FFS - we lost 12 players from the club over the summer; many of which were established premiership or top end championship players. We are still heavily in debt from previous regimes and despite what some might think, we lost what was our most successful manager for years. Our "uncommitted" Malaysian friends, and don't forget they are not the sole owners, have stumped up fees or wages to rebuild a squad that currently sit in 4th place, we have turned down multi million pound bids for our star player and have made some of our own, while all the time reducing the debts. We have employed one of the brightest young managers in the country, have a modern, state of the art stadium fit to grace the premiership nd hopefully the european stage, a highly thought of academy and training facilities and in case you hadn't noticed, we represent Wales in the Carling Cup Final next Sunday and we also played in the FA Cup Final in 2008 and the play off final in 2010 - all of which most clubs outside the big guns fans could only dream about. We are also the current FL Family club of the year

We have achieved all of this as a championship club that has had to fight against adversity and sell our best players for years. I for one, could not have imagined the success we are having when I started watching us in 1972, especially given the shit times in the 80s and 90s.

Jesus, give the powers that be some credit for the way they have turned our great club around in a remakably short space of time and get behind the board,the players and the fans for the final push this season. Win or lose, and if we ultimately fail to gain promotion this season, I'll be there and you won't find me complaining about lack of investment because the reality is, we have invested millions into our club to get to where we are now. We've lost 7 or so league games all season - how many times can you say that about city over the years... Yes, its frustrating to lose a few games that perhaps we should have won, but just enjoy the ride becasue it could all end tomorrow - look at Rangers and Pompey and see where throwing money at things has got them.
Last edited by Bluebird For Life on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:44 pm

Angry Man wrote:Lets not twist the way this topic is going. Lets get the proof to comments made about the Sordell bid first

I personally haven't seen the Sordell comments but think of it like this.

The club never discloses how much it's bid but during the webchat with Malky, and during the phone in, he stated that the club had bids accepted then rejected several times.

As Bolton paid 3.2 million for Sordell and we know Blackpool never accepted the Phillips bid the only bids that could have been accepted are the Noone and Sordell bid.

If Bolton paid 3.2 we can't have bid much less otherwise Watford would never have accepted.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Well I will put it out to everyone then: Show me evidence where Sordell is admitting the facts of the bid or that he was in a car on his way to Cardiff when that Bolton bid come in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... drama.html

I was preparing to play, as usual, when the chairman suddenly announced he was taking me out of the team, because a club had come in for me.

'That was at five o'clock, and it was Cardiff. I was happy to go along with it and become a Cardiff player

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Due to the muti-billion pound Malaysian land which will be given to TG if the Malaysian Prime Minister wins the next general election in 2013 I wouldn't say that its throwing money away if the clubs good name is helping the Prime Minister get elected.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:47 pm

Angry Man wrote:Due to the muti-billion pound Malaysian land which will be given to TG if the Malaysian Prime Minister wins the next general election in 2013 I wouldn't say that its throwing money away if the clubs good name is helping the Prime Minister get elected.

So what? it stops us from going to administration then I couldn't give a shit what they get out of it tbh. I dont think thats any of our business.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:47 pm

Angry Man wrote:Due to the muti-billion pound Malaysian land which will be given to TG if the Malaysian Prime Minister wins the next general election in 2013 I wouldn't say that its throwing money away if the clubs good name is helping the Prime Minister get elected.

Because as we all know Cardiff had such a big following in Malaysia before the Malaysians got involved that if a friend of the prime Minister had bought the club that would guarantee him the election ¬¬

Edit: Also, where do you get off telling me not to get to change the topic when as soon as you are proved wrong you start talking things that are 100% unrelated.
Last edited by Aramore on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:48 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... drama.html

I was preparing to play, as usual, when the chairman suddenly announced he was taking me out of the team, because a club had come in for me.

'That was at five o'clock, and it was Cardiff. I was happy to go along with it and become a Cardiff player

Sorry but thats no evidence of the facts of the bid or that he was on his way to Cardiff in a car which was stated eariler in this topic.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Anyone who thinks there isn't an investment is a f*cking moron. It might not be in the squad but without the cash the Malaysians give every month this club doesn't exist.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

So what? it stops us from going to administration then I couldn't give a shit what they get out of it tbh. I dont think thats any of our business.

Right so OUR club is getting tangled in corruption yet its none of our business!!!

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:50 pm

I suppose your right the chairman pulling him out of a match and him saying he was about to be a Cardiff player shows no bid was made and it was alllllll made up. Who cares if he was in a car or not :roll:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:51 pm

RFMH wrote:Anyone who thinks there isn't an investment is a f*cking moron. It might not be in the squad but without the cash the Malaysians give every month this club doesn't exist.

No-one knows about this so-called £1 million per month until the accounts are published

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:51 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I suppose your right the chairman pulling him out of a match and him saying he was about to be a Cardiff player shows no bid was made and it was alllllll made up. Who cares if he was in a car or not :roll:

I heard it was a minibus! :old:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I suppose your right the chairman pulling him out of a match and him saying he was about to be a Cardiff player shows no bid was made and it was alllllll made up. Who cares if he was in a car or not :roll:

Sorry but it was quoted he was in a car on his way to cardiff so Ive been putting it to the writer of that post to prove it.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Angry Man wrote:
RFMH wrote:Anyone who thinks there isn't an investment is a f*cking moron. It might not be in the squad but without the cash the Malaysians give every month this club doesn't exist.

No-one knows about this so-called £1 million per month until the accounts are published

I agree with this, but you also dont know its not true either.

Maybe its just coincidence but before they took a majority share in the club we had several winding up orders from HMRC and other creditors. Now we have nothing, all with very little investment it seems, if true fair play to them they are top top business people and we are privileged to have them :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Let's see.

The patterns of English used, some of the subject matter.

I'll play along, if Angry Man wants to reveal his main account, that's up to him/her/it.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Angry Man wrote:

Sorry but it was quoted he was in a car on his way to cardiff so Ive been putting it to the writer of that post to prove it.

Oh im glad I wasted 2mins of my life. If I knew you wanted to know what form of transport he took or in what part of the country he was in just for shits and giggles I wouldn't have bothered.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:57 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Maybe its just coincidence but before they took a majority share in the club we had several winding up orders from HMRC and other creditors. Now we have nothing, all with very little investment it seems, if true fair play to them they are top top business people and we are privileged to have them :ayatollah:

Again we dont know what bills hae or haven't been paid until the accounts are published. Bearing in mind HMRC let Rangers grow a bill of £49 million I would guess that a very small percentage of the HMRC debt has been actually paid.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:59 pm

Well considering they were wanting to liquidate us for somewhere around 2m I think its safe to say we are paying it or they would have been back by now.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Angry Man wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Again we dont know what bills hae or haven't been paid until the accounts are published. Bearing in mind HMRC let Rangers grow a bill of £49 million I would guess that a very small percentage of the HMRC debt has been actually paid.

Or could it be the fact that thorough investigation found Rangers had been fiddling the tax, thus meaning the bill was 49m?

No, clearly HMRC must have let them run it up that high out of the kindness of their hearts.

Still, I must applaud the way you've twisted logic into parallel dimensions to try to then bolster another flawed point.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Well considering they were wanting to liquidate us for somewhere around 2m I think its safe to say we are paying it or they would have been back by now.

Well a very minimal payment plan could have been set-up hense why I stated that I feel that a very small percentage of the HMRC bill has actually been paid off.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:30 pm

Yawn Yawn Yawn

Football, politics and conspiracies

Yawn Yawn Yawn

Yawn

Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:44 pm

The bottom line is we have never had a good enough squad or big enough squad plus we have never had any real money to get in the top two and stay there if being 3rd and not investing in the squad to get promoted did not show people then they need to wake up and smell the coffie.After all there was no better time than but now its gone.I can see us slipping down the table week by week with the squad we have you could say there tired or maybe injurys to blame but that boils down to the squad size again.I said this back in october even after the first loan window opened/shut and we got nobody in when miller was out for three games,we played mason upfront for three games and got one point,that told me we was well short on players which lack of investment to suit.The jan transfer window was a total joke by us bidding on people 3-4hrs before 12midnight deadline yet we had bid a supposed 4.5million in total which was floating around are club for 31days before that :lol: MM has been saying "WE NEED PLAYERS IF WE ARE TO SUSTAIN ARE LEAGUE POSTION" for 6months or more.MM will be saying come may "WE NEEDED NEW PLAYERS THATS WHY WE FAILED TO STAY IN THE PLAYOFFS".You could not make this up.Its ok saying the malaysians are paying for this and that off the field debts but whats are club without a squad to get promoted for them to get a return on what they have put in???.I've said this same shit for months on end and people laughed at me,its even getting boring typing it because i knew what would happen and whats comming up unlike some of the fans we have who walk around with horse blinkers on.Then theres the 25 threads on the cup which i could not give a f**k about at all when we are falling away in the league yet most of are fans thats all they care about its cringeworthy :roll: :ayatollah:
No ambition
No money
No squad for playoffs or promotion
No owners to invest in are squad
Thats how it is,i await the "we are in a cup final" or "what do you expect" replys :lol:
So we all go watch city next year and see what the plan is again but this season thats how its been and will carry on being :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:57 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:The bottom line is we have never had a good enough squad or big enough squad plus we have never had any real money to get in the top two and stay there if being 3rd and not investing in the squad to get promoted did not show people then they need to wake up and smell the coffie.After all there was no better time than but now its gone.I can see us slipping down the table week by week with the squad we have you could say there tired or maybe injurys to blame but that boils down to the squad size again.I said this back in october even after the first loan window opened/shut and we got nobody in when miller was out for three games,we played mason upfront for three games and got one point,that told me we was well short on players which lack of investment to suit.The jan transfer window was a total joke by us bidding on people 3-4hrs before 12midnight deadline yet we had bid a supposed 4.5million in total which was floating around are club for 31days before that :lol: MM has been saying "WE NEED PLAYERS IF WE ARE TO SUSTAIN ARE LEAGUE POSTION" for 6months or more.MM will be saying come may "WE NEEDED NEW PLAYERS THATS WHY WE FAILED TO STAY IN THE PLAYOFFS".You could not make this up.Its ok saying the malaysians are paying for this and that off the field debts but whats are club without a squad to get promoted for them to get a return on what they have put in???.I've said this same shit for months on end and people laughed at me,its even getting boring typing it because i knew what would happen and whats comming up unlike some of the fans we have who walk around with horse blinkers on.Then theres the 25 threads on the cup which i could not give a f**k about at all when we are falling away in the league yet most of are fans thats all they care about its cringeworthy :roll: :ayatollah:
No ambition
No money
Thats how it is,i await the "we are in a cup final" or "what do you expect" replys :lol:
So we all go watch city next year and see what the plan is again but this season thats how its been and will carry on being :ayatollah:

Same old shit you post on every thread if you ask me...... same answer to any topic you talk about.

Angry Man - how about this one - Jay Bothroyd was in his fecking car on his way to fulham down the M4 for discussions last year when we almost sold him for a rather large figure! only to be called by Jones to turn the feck around, he's not going anywhere after he begged the malaysians to let him keep hold of Jay for his promotion promises!!! One of the reasons he played shit at the latter end of last season as well. Another thread I cant be bothered to prove to you so make of that what you will - I don't care.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:58 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Merlin wrote:For F**K sake lads, sordell said himself he was on his way to Cardiff in a damn car!! lol he got the call to turn round and head north as the deal had changed last minute - If the player himself is not enough evidence in an almost completed deal - we are doomed! :lol:

Anyway, who cares! Next week we will make history! AGAIN! then it will all be gone, done & dusted and we can get back to a normal message board again! ;) :ayatollah:

Can you supply me with a link to that story because I cant find anything about Sordell confirming himself about any down payment or that he was on his way to Cardiff in a car

No I can not, as Joshccfc (thats Dave to you and me) has gone to bed now as its getting late, but maybe he can give you the ins and outs of the deal in the morning? :ayatollah:

So realistically thats more comments but you which are un-supported by evidence. Typical hey

i read story about sordell wasnt made up either

Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Angry Man wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Right so OUR club is getting tangled in corruption yet its none of our business!!!

What a complete and utter tw*t you are.

serious.

Wipe that tear away now from your eyes.

Come clean.

Have our Malaysian owners upset you in some way. Did they embarass you
or something? :lol: :lol: :lol:

If we're going to talk TRUTH...

Come on feller, get it off your chest give us all a giggle.

So you have heard a rumour that the BILLIONAIRE Vincent Tan might be
expecting a thank you off the Prime Minister for helping him get re-elected.

Politics and High-finance all about "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" always
has been, always will be. I'll bet you Tans lawyers have got it nailed down to the
last dime.

Id have VT all day and every day sooner than (for instance) the two porn barons
that nearly destroyed Birmingham City before doing one

Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:05 pm

"OUR club"seriously MG

You was a Merthyr fan until the FA cup final :roll:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:05 pm

Merlin wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:The bottom line is we have never had a good enough squad or big enough squad plus we have never had any real money to get in the top two and stay there if being 3rd and not investing in the squad to get promoted did not show people then they need to wake up and smell the coffie.After all there was no better time than but now its gone.I can see us slipping down the table week by week with the squad we have you could say there tired or maybe injurys to blame but that boils down to the squad size again.I said this back in october even after the first loan window opened/shut and we got nobody in when miller was out for three games,we played mason upfront for three games and got one point,that told me we was well short on players which lack of investment to suit.The jan transfer window was a total joke by us bidding on people 3-4hrs before 12midnight deadline yet we had bid a supposed 4.5million in total which was floating around are club for 31days before that :lol: MM has been saying "WE NEED PLAYERS IF WE ARE TO SUSTAIN ARE LEAGUE POSTION" for 6months or more.MM will be saying come may "WE NEEDED NEW PLAYERS THATS WHY WE FAILED TO STAY IN THE PLAYOFFS".You could not make this up.Its ok saying the malaysians are paying for this and that off the field debts but whats are club without a squad to get promoted for them to get a return on what they have put in???.I've said this same shit for months on end and people laughed at me,its even getting boring typing it because i knew what would happen and whats comming up unlike some of the fans we have who walk around with horse blinkers on.Then theres the 25 threads on the cup which i could not give a f**k about at all when we are falling away in the league yet most of are fans thats all they care about its cringeworthy :roll: :ayatollah:
No ambition
No money

Same old shit you post on every thread if you ask me...... same answer to any topic you talk about.

Angry Man - how about this one - Jay Bothroyd was in his fecking car on his way to fulham down the M4 for discussions last year when we almost sold him for a rather large figure! only to be called by Jones to turn the feck around, he's not going anywhere after he begged the malaysians to let him keep hold of Jay for his promotion promises!!! One of the reasons he played shit at the latter end of last season as well. Another thread I cant be bothered to prove to you so make of that what you will - I don't care.

Merlin i do not think ive ever seen you post anything in a thread that goes along with what the threads about unless its annis/carls thread.This threads about investment is it not yet your on about jay bothroyd who does not play for us we let him go for NOTHING because the malaysians would not pay what he asked for wakey wakey,The same thing as burke ect ect!!! you say i post the same thing although my post is on investment,what do you post nothing but 3-4 worded replys that have none to anything to do with the thread headline and sarcastic replys to people.I know its hard for you to brown nose normal members here but you do not post the same sort of replys in other peoples threads ;) ;) with the same sort of things said within it from them :oops: for you.
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:06 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

You're absolutely right.
What right have we got to demand that our major shareholders spend excessive amounts on players.
I suspect that Mr Angry has been `supporting' City since we have challenging at the top end of the Championship. So go back to wearing your Manchester United shirt or sit with your mates in the Liverpool end next Sunday.
Most true and long suffering City fans would prefer to have a team to support than end up, as we nearly have, in administration like Portsmouth and Rangers.