Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The complete lack of investment is now showing

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:55 pm

People who still think that we have enough players to mount a serious challange are on a different planet.

Re: The complete lack of investment is now showing

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:57 pm

time will tell i guess,
howeever, regardless, has been a great achievement by team to get us in this position so far.
Next Sunday will be another massive day for our Great club.

why you got such a depressing user name ?, should you see a thereapist ?

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:58 pm

Fair play all the excuses are being rolled out this evening. :o

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:59 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:Fair play all the excuses are bneing rolled out this evening. :o

I know, yet none of them on Tuesday hhmmmm odd.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Hang on I thought our number one target was getting promotion.

Opps sorry it seems that because we have made it to the league cup final then the owners can use that to paper over the cracks of lack of investment into the league campaign.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:00 pm

Angry Man wrote:People who still think that we have enough players to mount a serious challange are on a different planet.

Oooooh look! some ones anonymous 2nd log in? wonder who this might be? :?: :idea:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:02 pm

Angry Man wrote:Hang on I thought our number one target was getting promotion.

Opps sorry it seems that because we have made it to the league cup final then the owners can use that to paper over the cracks of lack of investment into the league campaign.

Paper over the cracks? I dont think they have said anything since the AGM at the start of the season when they said that we would go for promotion.....checks league table.....well done :ayatollah:

Merlin wrote:
Angry Man wrote:People who still think that we have enough players to mount a serious challange are on a different planet.

Oooooh look! some ones anonymous 2nd log in? wonder who this might be? :?: :idea:

Oh look Merlin jumping to conclusions once again. Take off those blue tinted specs for once in your life and look at the wider picture.

Well I'm on Planet Playoffs and the weather is still fine. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:03 pm

I think you'll find a lot of investment has been put into the club over the last 18 months or so, maybe it wasn't channeled in the direction that you wanted.

clearly not a lack of investment due to the bids we put in for players in january

sordell 3mill noone 1.2mill philips 1mill

but we are very low on numbers 2 sustain our promotion push but i think its down to malky being to picky with loan players
i understand we've had a few bad 1's in the past but we gotta get a sum1 in SOON

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

2blue2handle wrote:

Paper over the cracks? I dont think they have said anything since the AGM at the start of the season when they said that we would go for promotion.....checks league table.....well done :ayatollah:

I guess we would never know but I wonder if more investment in January would have happened had we not have made it to the cup final

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:05 pm

paper over cracks ?
dont think at start of season we were promised promotion, we all know we are still in financial trouble post the mess that SH left us in.
I and a lot of city fans are enjoying this season more than previous ones,
so why dont you take your doom and gloom elsewhere.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:05 pm

aberdare-blue wrote:clearly not a lack of investment due to the bids we put in for players in january

but we are very low on numbers 2 sustain our promotion push but i think its down to malky being to picky with loan players
i understand we've had a few bad 1's in the past but we gotta get a sum1 in SOON

Oh yesssss these so-called bids. I keep forgetting about that recent propaganda stunt.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:07 pm

I doubt it, suppose anyone can make up a story to suit themselves tbh.

We could say we had 4m to spend and just failed at the end. (confirmed by Watford, Sordell, Poyet, MM)
or
We never had no money to spend and it was all a smoke screen
or
MM is to scared to buy players
or
The right players just not available at the right time for the right price
or
The Carling Cup is a smoke screen to not spend

Only one has any confirmation from professionals within the game but obviously they could all be making it up to cover those nasty Malaysians

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:07 pm

Angry Man wrote:
aberdare-blue wrote:clearly not a lack of investment due to the bids we put in for players in january

Oh yesssss these so-called bids. I keep forgetting about that recent propaganda stunt.

Propaganda stunt? Sordell admitted the bid, Holloway admitted the bid and Brighton confirmed a bid was made. Bore off mate, your like a broken record.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:08 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Oh look Merlin jumping to conclusions once again. Take off those blue tinted specs for once in your life and look at the wider picture.

Well listen up man'o wisdom - I have been a City fan since 1991 and I haven't seen us lift anything of any importance, I said at the start of the season that I am not expecting great things from this City team, and I would be happy for us to finish mid table! So if we get a play off place as well as a final in Wembley against Liverpool, without spending extortionate amounts of money on players and wages, then I'm with Luke (2blue2handle) and would love to see us lift a major trophy. If we don't then so be it! I will have the usual great time out with my mates, and talk about a brilliant unexpected performance this season under a fantastic manager.

When we strengthen in the summer, I would like to see more dominance in the championship next year for sure. But I still remember everyone saying that this was the season of rebuilding, consolidation and fixing our problems. happy days! City til I die. :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:08 pm

We bid on the 11th hour when it was too late to do anything

Its like going to Tesco's on Christmas morning looking for a turkey

The fact is we are not good enough - We are skint & we will make no signings which will streghten the squad

I've heared it all before

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:09 pm

your life must be such a sad one, seems to me that your comfort in life is to come on here and slag off our club.
do feel so sorry for you.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:10 pm

LWay wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Propaganda stunt? Sordell admitted the bid, Holloway admitted the bid and Brighton confirmed a bid was made. Bore off mate, your like a broken record.

Yes a bid can be made but thats not to say that its cash up front!!!! For all we know it was £1 up front and the rest in years to come!!!!

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:11 pm

100% agree with you Angry Man.

I was promised by TG himself that we would win the league and that we would spend 10 times as much as Leicester to get there. He told me that we'd put a bid in for Fabregas during the summer as well as a bid for Nasri and Tevez.

He also told me that at the last minute they changed their minds about joining Cardiff so we switched our focus to Messi.

As we can all see none of that has happened so I think we should take our stand against the Malaysians and kick all foreigners :old: out of our club!

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Angry Man wrote:
LWay wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Yes a bid can be made but thats not to say that its cash up front!!!! For all we know it was £1 up front and the rest in years to come!!!!

Im pretty sure it was confirmed the Sordell deal was 2m down payment and the rest as add ons and it was accepted.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:15 pm

For F**K sake lads, sordell said himself he was on his way to Cardiff in a damn car!! lol he got the call to turn round and head north as the deal had changed last minute - If the player himself is not enough evidence in an almost completed deal - we are doomed! :lol:

Anyway, who cares! Next week we will make history! AGAIN! then it will all be gone, done & dusted and we can get back to a normal message board again! ;) :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:16 pm

Angry Man wrote:
LWay wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

So in other words you just admitted a bid was made, and we all know from Sordell it was accepted but he went to Bolton...... So yes we did have financial backing, thanks for clearing that up by going back on yourself :lol:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:20 pm

Merlin wrote:For F**K sake lads, sordell said himself he was on his way to Cardiff in a damn car!! lol he got the call to turn round and head north as the deal had changed last minute - If the player himself is not enough evidence in an almost completed deal - we are doomed! :lol:

Anyway, who cares! Next week we will make history! AGAIN! then it will all be gone, done & dusted and we can get back to a normal message board again! ;) :ayatollah:

Can you supply me with a link to that story because I cant find anything about Sordell confirming himself about any down payment or that he was on his way to Cardiff in a car

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Merlin wrote:For F**K sake lads, sordell said himself he was on his way to Cardiff in a damn car!! lol he got the call to turn round and head north as the deal had changed last minute - If the player himself is not enough evidence in an almost completed deal - we are doomed! :lol:

Can you supply me with a link to that story because I cant find anything about Sordell confirming himself about any down payment or that he was on his way to Cardiff in a car

No I can not, as Joshccfc (thats Dave to you and me) has gone to bed now as its getting late, but maybe he can give you the ins and outs of the deal in the morning? :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:24 pm

Merlin wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

No I can not, as Joshccfc (thats Dave to you and me) has gone to bed now as its getting late, but maybe he can give you the ins and outs of the deal in the morning? :ayatollah:

So realistically thats more comments but you which are un-supported by evidence. Typical hey

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:26 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

So realistically thats more comments but you which are un-supported by evidence. Typical hey

Sorry - what language is that?

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Merlin wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's Bullshit

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:29 pm

Aramore wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's Bullshit

Well I will put it out to everyone then: Show me evidence where Sordell is admitting the facts of the bid or that he was in a car on his way to Cardiff when that Bolton bid come in.