Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I'll be glad when the Cup final is out of the way

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:17 pm

Since making the final we've been dire. For me even a win at wembly won't count if we don't get promoted.Another couple of performances like today and we'll be out of the playoffs and the words of the Crystal Palace manager may yet come back to haunt us.This is the bussiness end of the season and things are starting to look familiar again.

Re: I'll be glad when the Cup final is out of the way

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:18 pm

I cant wait for the final, It take a thrashing against West Ham for a Cup win

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:23 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Since making the final we've been dire. For me even a win at wembly won't count if we don't get promoted.Another couple of performances like today and we'll be out of the playoffs and the words of the Crystal Palace manager may yet come back to haunt us.This is the bussiness end of the season and things are starting to look familiar again.

Teams win the games in hand we will be 8th.....personally i couldnt care less bout carling cup.............Great if we win it but then we gotta try and get promotion next season with the back drop of a fa cup,carling cup and europa league......Dont get me wrong ill be happy of course i will but i honestly cant see us going up next season because of added fixture list unless malky works wonders in the market come the summer.....The club will always say what we want to here but its no coincidence we have hit a bad spell since we beat palace

Get the cup out the way then we have a 14 game season to secure a playoff place now thats what im looking forward to :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:25 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Since making the final we've been dire. For me even a win at wembly won't count if we don't get promoted.Another couple of performances like today and we'll be out of the playoffs and the words of the Crystal Palace manager may yet come back to haunt us.This is the bussiness end of the season and things are starting to look familiar again.

No doubt in my mind that we have been affected by the Carling Cup Final and there are a number of performance statistics to back it up like, we have averaged only 6 fouls per game in the 5 matches since the CC Semi Final where in the 5 matches before we averaged 11 per game. Today we didn't commit a single foul in the last 28 minutes of a game where we were losing in short we couldn't even be bothered to kick them. Why?

We have also not kept a clean sheet since the Carling Cup Semi Final and before we were averaging nearly 38% clean sheets which is the best since our return to the Championship.

I still think we will make the playoffs and I just glad the CC Final is the next match as 3 points from 12 in February is shocking. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:25 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I cant wait for the final, It take a thrashing against West Ham for a Cup win

Think we will get thrashed by both to be honest :roll:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:28 pm

piroteczz wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I cant wait for the final, It take a thrashing against West Ham for a Cup win

Thats the spirit :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:21 pm

piroteczz wrote:

So when we do lose then you won't be on here moaning? as you would have expected a beating - so you will be a +1 to the positives! :lol:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:37 pm

Got my posiive head on today and I still can't wait for this cup final to be out of the way.Like many on here I was hoping for automatic promotion but now I think a top 6 is a more realistic aspiration though the thought of them fill me with horror as realisticly you can perm any 3 from 10.

You wouldn't want to meet me on a negative day :lol: :lol: I've followed city since 73 and experienced many highs and lows like us all but for me losing to Blackpool in the final is a scar that I will always remember.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Can't wait for the cup final to be out of the way???!!! are you insane?! Next sunday is a huge match and a pleasant distraction from the riduclous pressure and expectation our fans put on the squad for promotion to the premier league. it's a winnable game (as all cup finals are) against one of the biggest teams in the world and there's people saying they don't care about it, WTF?! What's the point in supporting a team if you're not the slightest bit bothered about them being in a cup final??!! That's what we dream about isn't it?!

All people seem to be bothered about is premier league, premier league and premier league.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:58 pm

Bluebird_in_Barry wrote:

Can't wait for the cup final to be out of the way???!!! are you insane?! Next sunday is a huge match and a pleasant distraction from the riduclous pressure and expectation our fans put on the squad for promotion to the premier league. it's a winnable game (as all cup finals are) against one of the biggest teams in the world and there's people saying they don't care about it, WTF?! What's the point in supporting a team if you're not the slightest bit bothered about them being in a cup final??!! That's what we dream about isn't it?!

All people seem to be bothered about is premier league, premier league and premier league.

POST OF THE WEEK! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:12 pm

Bluebird_in_Barry wrote:

Excellent post-I'd rather win the Cup and not go up. To me football is about winning trophies and whilst I'd love to see CCFC in the Premier League I'd take a League Cup Final win over promotion.