Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WE WERE NOT 'ABSOLUTELY AT IT'

Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:51 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -30352597/

Re: WE WERE NOT 'ABSOLUTELY AT IT'

Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:59 am

My thoughts exactly Carl! Good piece....

And not a single mention of errrrrrr...... Next weeks game! Well done ;)

Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:00 am

Merlin wrote:My thoughts exactly Carl! Good piece....

And not a single mention of errrrrrr...... Next weeks game! Well done ;)

Thanks Craig, also it is important we all realise that the League must be priority :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:05 am

My expectations are high today, I truly expect us to beat Ipswich, and we have to - to be honest, if we really want to push for an automatic spot! it's a big game today and I'd prefer 3pts today over a W*****y Victory if I'm honest. Although obviously I want to win both games....

Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:13 am

Merlin wrote:My expectations are high today, I truly expect us to beat Ipswich, and we have to - to be honest, if we really want to push for an automatic spot! it's a big game today and I'd prefer 3pts today over a W*****y Victory if I'm honest. Although obviously I want to win both games....

I think we'll get done today, just got that feeling we're going to get a hiding. Why do we seem to hate going to Anglia? Not sure of the stats but Norwich, Ipswich, P'boro (close enough!), Colchester (ok essex), seem to be bogey grounds.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:03 am

I can understand why Malky has made these comments whether we agree with them or not, it's text book man management after 2 losses when we were not at our best. While i thought that we didn't set the world alight with the performance against Peterborough it was a solid win which can only improve confidence in the team because lets be honest we are going to need it for what is going to be a tough away game.

Malky will have the team motivated for the match and hopefully we can come back from East Anglia with 3 points. :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:26 pm

What do you expwct him to do Carl? Rubbish the players after a 3-1 victory on the back of two losses?

Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:45 pm

I understand what your saying here Carl as I was surprised when MM said that as my feelings were the exact opposite. But then I listened to another interview where he talked more openly about how, and why, he set up the team to play Peterborough.

For months now we have been playing a 4-5-1 formation which gives us an extra man in midfield which makes the high tempo pressing game easier. On Tuesday he decided to match Peterborough with a 4-4-2 with Vuckic at the head of the diamond. Moving Gunnarson to the left side of the diamond and Cowie to the left took two of our main pressing players into different roles so patience was the order of the day.

When you look at the final match stats we had 35 attempts at goal, 25 on target, and by any standard thats superb even for the home team.

I think MM was saying yes we were "At It" within the plan he set out for the game and that the plan for today may be different because of the opposition.

Another good article as usual Carl good debating stuff. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:19 pm

carlccfc wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city/cardiff-city-fc/2012/02/18/carl-curtis-peterborough-win-most-welcome-but-cardiff-city-can-still-do-better-91466-30352597/

Spot on Carlos, totally agree. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He has got it wrong this time.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:14 pm

TBH I'm more concerned as to how we'll perform versus West ham than sunday. Any chance we might get in a new striker or winger which are both desperately needed. Our season is hanging on athread as it is with other teams having 1 and in some cases 2 games to play before we play another league game. We could be down to 8-9-10th even.

I'm still seething over that ref decision which cost us big time.

What happened to the Newcastle winger rumours?