Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PAYING RESPECTS TO MIKEY DYE AT WEMBLEY

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:18 pm

I don't think any City fan will forget last September when Mikey was tragically killed outside the turnstiles at Wembley stadium and one thing is for sure Mikey will never be forgotten by his family and friends and everyone connected with our great club.

I had a call from Wayne Nash this afternoon, who informed me that an area has been set aside between two turnstiles at Wembley at the City end where fans can pay their respects, lay flowers, messages, flags, shirts etc.

The club will be stewarding the area and will take some of the flags and shirts that were laid in memory of Mikey outside the Ninian Park gates to Wembley and that our club will be laying a wreath and so will Liverpool FC.

On Sunday I will receive the exact details of what area has been designated and I will post more details when I receive them.

RIP Mikey.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69365

Re: PAYING RESPECTS TO MIKEY DYE AT WEMBLEY

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:22 pm

It's a shame that the wreaths couldnt be laid where Mikey was cowardly attacked. However with the Scousers at that end it isnt appropriate. I shall have my Mikey Dye's barmy army badge on and although i only met him once i know he will be looking down over wembley with a pint in his hand and a smile on his face.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:23 pm

great news!

nice to see both clubs paying respect!

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:44 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:great news!

nice to see both clubs paying respect!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:07 am

carlccfc wrote:I don't think any City fan will forget last September when Mikey was tragically killed outside the turnstiles at Wembley stadium and one thing is for sure Mikey will never be forgotten by his family and friends and everyone connected with our great club.

I had a call from Wayne Nash this afternoon, who informed me that an area has been set aside between two turnstiles at Wembley at the City end where fans can pay their respects, lay flowers, messages, flags, shirts etc.

The club will be stewarding the area and will take some of the flags and shirts that were laid in memory of Mikey outside the Ninian Park gates to Wembley and that our club will be laying a wreath and so will Liverpool FC.

On Sunday I will receive the exact details of what area has been designated and I will post more details when I receive them.

RIP Mikey.

http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69365

Excellent gesture Carl! I hope our yellow Forum shirt that I made finds it way to Wembley that would be top!
For those that never saw it in al its glory:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:53 pm

Really pleased that this is happening. Thanks for this update Carl.

RIP Mikey

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:29 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:58 pm

Great that this is happening !

I'm bringing a scarf to lay there, RIP Mikey :(

Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Your link was posted on one of the Liverpool forums regarding mike

Liverpool supporters along with the hillsborough justice campaign have ordered a banner to mark both Liverpool and cardiffs battle against the sun newspaper

We have 20000 leaflets for the hillsbourough justice / dont buy the sun plus 5000 justice for mike dye leaflets that we will be handing out on the day and hopefully we can all hold them up during the game. The leaflets are A3 in size so can be seen from a distance

It's a great opportunity to show the world what both Liverpool and Cardiff think of the sun newspaper

We will be dropping 1000 justice leaflets at 5 pubs that have been allocated to Cardiff fans around Sudbury town and Wembley

Justice for the 96 and justice for Mike

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww38 ... 7853e6.jpg

Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:42 pm

Dontbuythesun wrote:Your link was posted on one of the Liverpool forums regarding mike

Liverpool supporters along with the hillsborough justice campaign have ordered a banner to mark both Liverpool and cardiffs battle against the sun newspaper

We have 20000 leaflets for the hillsbourough justice / dont buy the sun plus 5000 justice for mike dye leaflets that we will be handing out on the day and hopefully we can all hold them up during the game. The leaflets are A3 in size so can be seen from a distance

It's a great opportunity to show the world what both Liverpool and Cardiff think of the sun newspaper

We will be dropping 1000 justice leaflets at 5 pubs that have been allocated to Cardiff fans around Sudbury town and Wembley

Justice for the 96 and justice for Mike

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww38 ... 7853e6.jpg

Right we get it you don't like the Sun. But the Mirror and the Mail ran the same bullshit story, why is your post biased against just one paper

Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:38 am

Good news. I will be laying a scarf or something.. Not only as a Cardiff or Wales fan, but as a football fan :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:28 pm

carlccfc wrote:I don't think any City fan will forget last September when Mikey was tragically killed outside the turnstiles at Wembley stadium and one thing is for sure Mikey will never be forgotten by his family and friends and everyone connected with our great club.

RIP Mikey.

http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69365

You should not have agreed to this :old: :old: :old:

We're all adults and will do nothing to tarnish Mikey's good name.

if we can mingle around the ground then there is no reason why we can't pay our respects in the correct place.

You should not do their dirty work Carl.....