Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

portsmouth,things looking grim for the club

Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:37 am

in court today,and looking like they are having 10points deducted :( :(

Re: portsmouth,things looking grim for the club

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:16 am

krabb wrote:in court today,and looking like they are having 10points deducted :( :(

Having wiped the slate clean, only a couple of years ago, you'd think they would have kept their house in order.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:43 am

I have every sympathy for the Portsmouth fans, Swansea had their own problems not so long ago, it's been well documented. Also things were looking bleak for yourselves a little while back, but...

These days, you hear talk that it's only a matter of time before a big club goes completely to the wall? Well if Portsmouth can go into administration twice in three seasons, when they are still receiving parachute payments from the Premier League, what sort of message does that send out?

They need to have a major rethink on this fit and proper persons rule and have another look at the rules regarding administration, instead of a 10 point deduction for all, this needs to be changed so that the points deduction fits the circumstances, in this case Portsmouth should probably be deducted more for the sheer stupidity of letting it happen again.

As I said, every sympathy for their fans but the 10 point rule is clearly being used as a cop out by a minority and isn't working. Another example, Rangers, if they manage to get their finances sorted by the end of March, they will probably qualify for the Europa League? How is that setting any sort of example? All credit to yourselves for avoiding administration a few years ago, but in a messed up sort of way, you might have been better off under the current rules?

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:38 am

scotsjack wrote: They need to have a major rethink on this fit and proper persons rule and have another look at the rules regarding administration, instead of a 10 point deduction for all, this needs to be changed so that the points deduction fits the circumstances, in this case Portsmouth should probably be deducted more for the sheer stupidity of letting it happen again.

But didnt Luton get deducted something like 25 points a couple of years ago?

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:52 am

TheHunter! wrote:
scotsjack wrote: They need to have a major rethink on this fit and proper persons rule and have another look at the rules regarding administration, instead of a 10 point deduction for all, this needs to be changed so that the points deduction fits the circumstances, in this case Portsmouth should probably be deducted more for the sheer stupidity of letting it happen again.

But didnt Luton get deducted something like 25 points a couple of years ago?

Yes, I think the 25 points was originally 30 but then reduced on appeal. I'm fairly certain though that there were other financial irregularities there at the time. I think the previous owners had been cooking the books and then their new owners had to pick up the pieces. Sure there was more to the Luton case than just administration.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:53 am

Twice in to years, they've only got themselves to blame! Seems to me there running up huge depts without a care in the world then taking the easy option by going into administration so they can reduce them depts! I feel sorry for the small buisnesses accociated with the club that will loose money through no fault of there own! It should be atleast a 20point deduction to make sure they get relagated this time, clubs can't keep on getting away with doing this sort of thing!

pompy

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:34 am

4th from bottom :o :o

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:36 am

A club needs to go bust to make people realise that footballers to board room level can not longer milk clubs dry while living above there means while they take the piss in every way,untill a club or clubs start going under this will not change.football needs it to happen to wake up everyone in football because it seems "its ok coz we go in to admin again" over and over :old:

Re: pompy

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:20 pm

Feel sorry for the fans :(

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:02 pm

Me too but that will not prevent me from suggesting Malky gets on the phone to appleton and offers to help by taking a couple of players on loan with a view to making it permenent in summer...

E.g HuseKlepp, Halford

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Its never nice to witness other clubs misfortune. However, in business, its dog eat dog....

When we had our problems there were plenty of clubs who were prepared to take our players on the cheap. Its now payback time and what goes around comes around. If good players are available cheaply then we should take them.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:16 pm

i dont feel sorry one bit...no 1 would care if it was us,

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:22 pm

i would feel sorry but this is the second time now surely they should have learned from the first time round but it is harsh on the fans

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:30 pm

ozzy31 wrote:i dont feel sorry one bit...no 1 would care if it was us,

agree with this big time....and i think its there 3rd time in admin since the fa cup...shocking ,cant even learn from the first time.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:40 pm

They are one club I realy don't care for, ok there's got to be some tidy fans there but I am yet to meet any of them. Haven't batted an eye lid me.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:00 pm

im glad im not the only one who dont gives a rats arse :ayatollah:

"Portsmouth go into administration for the second time"

Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:04 pm

Portsmouth will face at least 10-point deduction from the Football League after the club went into administration for the second time in two years.

The news was confirmed after their application for administration was approved at the High Court. The club are able to continue trading while the search for a new owner begins.

Trevor Birch has been appointed as the club's administrator, with Portsmouth bid to bring back Andrew Andronikou for a second time rejected because of a possible conflict of interest. Andronikou is involved with one of Portsmouth's creditors.

Portsmouth owe around £2m to creditors, and around the same amount again to the Inland Revenue in tax, the hearing heard.

Electricity and gas suppliers have threatened to cut the power to Portsmouth's ground Fratton Park after the Championship club refused to pay.

The BBC also reported that Portsmouth's financial difficulties were so severe that captain Liam Lawrence could not have a scan on his injured calf.

"Liam can't walk properly," Appleton told BBC Radio Solent.

"Because we can't afford to scan his calf we don't know the full extent of the injury."

The club has been struggling since November when Russian owner Vladimir Antonov was arrested in connection with alleged fraud at a Lithuanian bank.

Peter Kubik, of the club's financial advisors UHY Hacker Young, had said before the hearing that Portsmouth's bank accounts had been frozen after the winding-up application by HM Revenue and Customs.

He said: "The club's bank accounts have been frozen due to the winding-up hearing and they are finding it very difficult to trade. Once the administration order is in place the bank accounts will be made accessible again. We are aware that administration carries an automatic 10-point deduction by the Football League."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/17022012/ ... ation.html

Re: "Portsmouth go into administration for the second time"

Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:10 pm

PAY UP POMPEY, POMPEY PAY UP
dead right no one would care if it was us

Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:16 pm

I can remember having a laugh with Barnsley fans at Wembley and the same with Blackpool but most Portsmouth fans behaved like pricks.

f**k em.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Thing is its happened twice now in a short space of time. After the first time they should have made cut backs not kept singing players on high wages.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:51 pm

oh yea and 10points deducted every time wtf is that all about let them go POP

Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:53 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Thing is its happened twice now in a short space of time. After the first time they should have made cut backs not kept singing players on high wages.

totally agree mate, they should have accepted offers for players too. They turned down an offer for 2 players in Jan from Ipswich, probably not what they would like but its incoming money and reduces the wage bill! 25 point deduction as the should be relegated, nothing against the fans but its unfair on other clubs who play they game fairer and pay there bills!

Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:09 pm

d20 wrote:
ozzy31 wrote:i dont feel sorry one bit...no 1 would care if it was us,

agree with this big time....and i think its there 3rd time in admin since the fa cup...shocking ,cant even learn from the first time.

do you think the supporters of pompey know whats going on.......for all you know it could be us again.......WE dont know whats going on do we :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:47 pm

Should be relegated at least 2 divisions.
Twice in 3 years isn't it?
What about local suppliers? People they owe money to?
Crap club, crap ground . Where's all the money gone after being in the Premier League?

Living beyond their means and did not learn their lesson.

Good riddance and especially to their scummy , cowardly fans.
Football will be a better place without them.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:44 pm

That's what happens when a club's board is not totally honest and make up a lot of fall's figures and exaggerating the amount of personal financial input from individual board members; Ring any bell's???????????????, May be a fresh start at Cardiff City may not be that bad a decision, Because Premier League status would make no difference to CCFC's financial predicament as each board member will recall they are some how coincidently owed around 90Mil. :old:

Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:47 pm

No sympathy im afraid. Same old story with them. Send em down.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:51 pm

polo wrote:No sympathy im afraid. Same old story with them. Send em down.

no sympathy for the club agreed......but loyal supporters :( :(

Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:15 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:That's what happens when a club's board is not totally honest and make up a lot of fall's figures and exaggerating the amount of personal financial input from individual board members; Ring any bell's???????????????, May be a fresh start at Cardiff City may not be that bad a decision, Because Premier League status would make no difference to CCFC's financial predicament as each board member will recall they are some how coincidently owed around 90Mil. :old:

Doesn't ring any bells with me unless you mean Sam saying it was his money? Which turned out to be nonsense.

Malaysians haven't said anything at all about any figures that I know of.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:41 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:That's what happens when a club's board is not totally honest and make up a lot of fall's figures and exaggerating the amount of personal financial input from individual board members; Ring any bell's???????????????, May be a fresh start at Cardiff City may not be that bad a decision, Because Premier League status would make no difference to CCFC's financial predicament as each board member will recall they are some how coincidently owed around 90Mil. :old:

Doesn't ring any bells with me unless you mean Sam saying it was his money? Which turned out to be nonsense.

No? CCFC are reported to be loosing a Million Pound a month don't dont rattle Your thought's? 23,000 Atn dont seem to make any difference in the Cubs financial problems''''' It worries quite a few others!!! :old:

Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

No? CCFC are reported to be loosing a Million Pound a month don't dont rattle Your thought's? 23,000 Atn dont seem to make any difference in the Cubs financial problems''''' It worries quite a few others!!! :old:

It's been rumoured not reported.
And that's not what you said, you said figures were being exaggerated which simply isn't true especially from our board who have said little.

I've always said we should reduce the debt quicker but I'm not a business person and don't know the in and outs of our financial position. You will also note that I wasn't one of the posters demanding and moaning about not havin signings.