Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

AARON WILDIG

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:42 am

What's happened to the lad?!

I mean, he went on loan to League Two side Shrewsbury Town in November, and has played just five games - four league (two of which were sub appearances), one FA Cup tie. It means that, since making the move, he's missed out on 10 matches.

Seems a little odd how a young, promising player (I thought he did pretty well for us under Dave Jones) can't make a bigger impact in a side two divisions lower than has parent club. No? :?

Fair enough they're towards the top of the league, but I would much rather see one of our youngsters play regularly and develop more on the pitch at a side further down the table.

Thoughts, if any? :)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: AARON WILDIG

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:47 am

Jollffe wrote:What's happened to the lad?!

I mean, he went on loan to League Two side Shrewsbury Town in November, and has played just five games - four league (two of which were sub appearances), one FA Cup tie. It means that, since making the move, he's missed out on 10 matches.

Seems a little odd how a young, promising player (I thought he did pretty well for us under Dave Jones) can't make a bigger impact in a side two divisions lower than has parent club. No? :?

Fair enough they're towards the top of the league, but I would much rather see one of our youngsters play regularly and develop more on the pitch at a side further down the table.

Thoughts, if any? :)

Agreed. There were definitely signs that he could develop into a useful player. He needs regular first team football somewhere to prove himself, otherwise he's going to disappear into obscurity.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:00 pm

He's had an injury mate keeping out for a whilebut I've heard he could be signing permanent for Shrewsbury I guess in the summer

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:13 pm

kelvin matthews wrote:He's had an injury mate keeping out for a whilebut I've heard he could be signing permanent for Shrewsbury I guess in the summer

Shame. I think he could play at a higher level. Once he's fit and plays regularly for the Shrews, perhaps he'll get noticed by someone bigger.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:35 pm

kelvin matthews wrote:He's had an injury mate keeping out for a whilebut I've heard he could be signing permanent for Shrewsbury I guess in the summer

There's no reason why he couldn't - albeit eventually - get into the City side. He's got quite a bit of potential after coming through the academy.

If Joe Ralls can get in, why can't Aaron Wildig? :?

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Wildig is no where near good enough for city.

He won't play for us again now he is at Shrewsbury until the end of the season when I believe his contract expires and we wot renew it.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:06 pm

I was told some months ago by a very reliable source that Malky was not impressed by Wildig's fitness levels or by his attitude. I doubt we will see him again in a city shirt.