Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

AJAX AT NINIAN PARK

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:20 pm

They made three little birds their song from this day :ayatollah:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7f4GHpjMXg

Was in the Grange End for this game and believe me it was like having a blowback for 90 minutes :lol: you had the Ajax fans on one side smoking their Dutch finest and you had our fans smoking the weed like it was going out of fashion :lol: i was in my 20's when this was played and f**k me i had the munchies i think the kiosks behind the Grange End had record sales that day :ayatollah:

Re: AJAX AT NINIAN PARK

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:39 pm

My youngest sons first city game that was so sadly no puff for me :lol: :lol: . We sat in the Grandstand in front of The Riddler who was with Jay Bothroyd just before he signed for us. Think it was one of Tom Heatons first games for us too and he made a great save from Huntelaar in about the only shot of the game... My boy obviously loved it though as hes been a season ticket holder ever since. Apart from city, I always supported Ajax since I was a kid but its the only time I've ever seen them live and really enjoyed seeing Marco van Basten at NP even if he wasn't playing.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:56 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:They made three little birds their song from this day :ayatollah:

Was in the Grange End for this game and believe me it was like having a blowback for 90 minutes :lol: you had the Ajax fans on one side smoking their Dutch finest and you had our fans smoking the weed like it was going out of fashion :lol: i was in my 20's when this was played and f**k me i had the munchies i think the kiosks behind the Grange End had record sales that day :ayatollah:

Still like that in the canton some days mate haha

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:23 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
ccfcgrangeend wrote:They made three little birds their song from this day :ayatollah:

Still like that in the canton some days mate haha

Yeah true but back in the Grange End you would have thought we set off a smoke flare :lol: it was just the jamaican woodbines on the go :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:21 pm

Was this really the first time they sang this? Heard them again tonight against united, sounded great and really gets the crowd involved.

Are we officially adopting this as an anthem of ours. Think it would be good if we did. :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Sorry mate but they had been chanting this way before coming to Ninian Park. In fact, Ali even said over the tannoy after the final whistle that he was playing a song for the Ajax supporters and told them to enjoy, the song came on and they started dancing and singing along. They have played it at half time in their ground for a number of years.

But we can claim some kind of "our song" to it, after all, Bob Marley did perform it at Ninian Park :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:10 pm

I was in the Grange that day also! really miss the proper atmosphere at Ninian Park! :ayatollah: