Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

27800 something not right

Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:40 pm

how come 27,800 wembley tickets sold allready , we have 18,600 season ticket holders for 2011/2012 season , we sold 9,000 new/renwed for 2012/2013 season, that means max possible tickets guaranteed can not be more than 27,600 and i have seen and heard a lot of people who are able to get the extra ticket for renewing are not taking the extra ticket , so who have we sold to , who we should nt have.those that have not taken the 2nd ticket did so in good faith to allow genuine fans who dont qualify through season tickets to have a good chance of getting a ticket , i hope the club have been honest with our fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: 27800 something not right

Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:47 pm

werent premier club members also entitled to 2 tickets anyway..

Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:48 pm

possibly but still 2 days to go for season ticket holders and that dont take into account those that did,nt take up the 2 ticket offer imo that is probably in the high hundreds if not near the thousand mark something stinks :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:50 pm

only if they renewed same as season ticket holders, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :?: :?: :?: :?: thought premier members were included in 18,600 season ticket holders anyway

Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:53 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:how come 27,800 wembley tickets sold allready , we have 18,600 season ticket holders for 2011/2012 season , we sold 9,000 new/renwed for 2012/2013 season, that means max possible tickets guaranteed can not be more than 27,600 and i have seen and heard a lot of people who are able to get the extra ticket for renewing are not taking the extra ticket , so who have we sold to , who we should nt have.those that have not taken the 2nd ticket did so in good faith to allow genuine fans who dont qualify through season tickets to have a good chance of getting a ticket , i hope the club have been honest with our fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

How many premier club members do you think there are, quite a few and entitled to two ticket each

Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:55 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:only if they renewed same as season ticket holders, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :?: :?: :?: :?: thought premier members were included in 18,600 season ticket holders anyway

Premier club members do not have to renew as they have already renewed for FIVE years from when we migrated to the new stadium

Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:56 pm

like i said im sure premier members are included in our 18,600 season ticket holders :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:56 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:only if they renewed same as season ticket holders, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :?: :?: :?: :?: thought premier members were included in 18,600 season ticket holders anyway

No they were not included

Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:58 pm

sorry but how do you know that as fact :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:06 pm

I can't arsed to look again but it did say on the official site that so far only Ambassadors, Season Ticket Holders (and renewals probably) and corporate can purchase, so I assume this means sponsors and the like. I don't know what City's policy is on this but I'd guess that if a company provides a certain level of sponsorship then they would be entitled to tickets for "big" games.

Going to be a lot of part time Liverpool "fans" floating about me thinks.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Like I said when they first came out.

From the 31k

You have to take out Players and Coaching Staff allocations, Club Staff and Sponsors.

Your probably looking at 4-500 tickets aside for that which is the difference?

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:10 pm

still dont see how 27,800 could be allready sold to bone fide city fans etc :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:11 pm

hope i dont get a liverpool fan next to me :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:15 pm

If you can see or work out how they have sold 27800 tickets
you must be pretty shit at Maths.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:16 pm

Part of the deal of the premier club is a guarantee of away tickets in return for supporting the club to the tune of £1500/£3000 upfront and between £110 and £150 a month plus Vat

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:24 pm

My mate went down to get his Cup Final ticket and was asked how many he wanted did he want just the one or did he want two, and he hasn't even renewed his season ticket yet. He said " they seem to be giving them away with out checking."

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:27 pm

you say away ticketS how many , : box owners only get 1 per seat plus 1 extra if they renewed box for next season surely that costs more than premier member :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:37 pm

thank you canton that was my point i was trying to make i have no knowledge personaly but going by people on this board a large proportion were not going to take there 2nd ticket and as all season ticket holders have not yet got there entitle ment i still think something dont add up dont like being thought of a thicko as far as maths are concerned my maths have been good enough to run my own transport company for the last 12 years doing all my own vat returns and accounts imo those sticking up for the club are probably premier members or sponsor s who have been more than looked after by the club (maybe at the ex pence of true suppotrers) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:05 pm

must of struck a nerve or something there no more replies :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:25 pm

Igovernor wrote:

No they were not included

The Season ticket total of around 18,640 does actually include some 1,400 Premier ticket holders. The total also includes around 500 half season tickets which were sold around the New Year.

Out of the 9,000 who renewed , 700 of these were NEW season ticket holders.

In my opinion the 27,800 tickets were probably sold as follows:-

9,000 renewals 500 to staff and players, possibly more
2,800 to Premier club members ( who have undertaken a five year commitment)
14,000 to the existing 17,200 normal season ticket holders

Nothing odd to me about the current sales figures released

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:29 pm

this figure may well include the sale of tickets to staff how many that includes i dont know but think its quiet high

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:39 am

joff if your right then theres 3,200 season ticket holders who still have not got there tickets yet if they were to do so today there would not be any left for anyone else :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: l

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Staff get an allocation then you have directors, players, sponsors who will all take tickets.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:36 pm

i know all that my point is 3200 season ticket holders hav,nt taken up there allocation and if they did there would be none left for away members etc there cant be 3200 staff sponsors hangers on what ever you want to call them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:55 pm

canton blue wrote:My mate went down to get his Cup Final ticket and was asked how many he wanted did he want just the one or did he want two, and he hasn't even renewed his season ticket yet. He said " they seem to be giving them away with out checking."

Absolute Bolloxs.. they check every ticket on the computer to ensure you have renewed... I took 6 season ticket holders cards with me and the lady in the ticket office told me how many tickets each season ticket holder was entitled too...!! :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:33 pm

why are people again slagging off ticket office? so unless they give breakdown of where tickets are allocated everyone is just speculating yes there may be problems but nothing unusual in that! so why compain before all tickets are sold! as far as im aware even away fans and stadium card holders are getting tickets so that indecates everyone entitled to tickets(however many they can have) have got them so whats the problem???

Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:16 am

i never once blamed the ticket office infact i have praised the staff and ticket office on many occasions on other threads as i go to most away games i see the girls in the office quite a lot and they get a christmas box from me as a thank you for there help my thread was actualy questioning the club not the ticket office :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: