Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HOW THE f**k DID CHISORA GET A TITLE FIGHT ?

Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:53 pm

IS BRITISH heavyweight boxing that bad , i be surprised if he lasts one round against Klitshko :ayatollah:

Re: HOW THE f**k DID CHISORA GET A TITLE FIGHT ?

Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:57 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:IS BRITISH heavyweight boxing that bad , i be surprised if he lasts one round against Klitshko :ayatollah:

It just sums up how bad Heavyweight Boxing is at the moment. I agree Chisora will be lucky to survive the first round !

Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Del Boys shot at a title is a bit of a strange one granted, but i expect him to give it his all while it lasts. Del Boy ain't going there for a pay day.

Although his last fight against 'the next big thing' Helenius was scored in the Finnish fighters favour, anyone that actually watched it will agree that it was a robbery. One of the worst i've seen in a boxing ring for a long time. Technically he should be European champion.

It pretty much sums up the Heavyweight division though that Chisora is fighting a Klitschko. I have no doubt that it'll last longer than a round though, Klitschko ain't the man he once was and seems to have lost that killer instinct with age.

The fight will finish when he capitalises on a Chisora mistake, i'd be amazed if Klitschko actually went all out for the KO.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:08 pm

Boxer1 wrote:
Although his last fight against 'the next big thing' Helenius was scored in the Finnish fighters favour, anyone that actually watched it will agree that it was a robbery. One of the worst i've seen in a boxing ring for a long time. Technically he should be European champion.

Indeed it was almost as bad as when the referee warned Robin Reid for jabbing Sven Ottke. Why anyone fights in Germany I will never know. Murray, Macklin and Chisora, Steve cunningham and many more were all robbed there last year.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:03 pm

I've always like Chisora, he's good value. After two impressive wins against Danny Williams and Sam Sexton I was looking forward to seeing him push his career on.

The way the Klitchkos treated him was shocking, after having two title shots taken off him it was no wonder he looked so poor against Tyson Fury, it was bound to have screwed with his nut. Imagine training like f**k for a massive fight then to have it pulled away from you twice.

To be honest I'm dissapointed his fighting Vitali as he is going to get battered, just hopefully not much. I would have preferred to see a rematch with Fury, then a rematch with Helenius. Then go after the likes of Povetkin/Chagaev.

Wouldnt be suprised if this is the end of Del Boys Career after Saturday night

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:40 pm

blue nile wrote:
ccfcgrangeend wrote:IS BRITISH heavyweight boxing that bad , i be surprised if he lasts one round against Klitshko :ayatollah:

It just sums up how bad Heavyweight Boxing is at the moment. I agree Chisora will be lucky to survive the first round !

Well said Blue Nile the standard at the moment is shocking to be honest.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:54 pm

give me ufc any day now.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Has History taught us Nothing?

Chizz has a Punchers chance and that's all he needs.
Oliver McCall and Hasim Rahman both made careers out of a punchers chance.

As to why he got the title shot is a mysterious one, his last two fights of note were both defeats against Tyson Fury and a dodgy decision against the unbeaten Swedish fighter Robert Hellinious ...

I'm guessing Bronte felt sorry for him and seeing as how waldamir dumped him twice Vitali should honour his side of the Klitschko fight he's been waiting for..

Lesser men than Delboy have won titles, at least he goes into a fight with the intention of winning and not just picking up his pay check like so many previous heavyweights ie: Williams,Haye,Solis,Byrd,Sosnowski,Briggs and Johnson who have all faced one of the brothers with the big fight talk but did nothing in the end.

Good Luck Del Boy, God Knows you need it!!!

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:22 pm

i think he will give a better go at it than haye did with his brother.
if chisora loses but has a go instead running like haye did he will get my respect :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:46 pm

jinks-rct wrote:i think he will give a better go at it than haye did with his brother.
if chisora loses but has a go instead running like haye did he will get my respect :ayatollah:

If Del Boy gets beaten then hes going out on his shield. Tremendous attitude and a larger than life character, wish there were more like him about!

Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:26 pm

hes only gone and slapped Klitchko at the press conference/weigh in :ayatollah: f*cking hell Chisora fair play :lol:

Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XUauDQX ... re=related :ayatollah: THINK HE PISSED HIM OFF NOW :lol:

Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:37 pm

Vile individual. Cant stand him.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:42 pm

polo wrote:Vile individual. Cant stand him.

which one ?

Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:44 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:
polo wrote:Vile individual. Cant stand him.

which one ?

Chisora.

Total idiot.

I have nothing but respect for the way Klitschkos carry themselves.