Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

welsh national anthem?

Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Seen the Thread a few days ago is there any more news on this wether it will be played? Was a proud moment at the fa cup final hopefully be the same again :ayatollah:

Re: welsh national anthem?

Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:27 pm

Hope its not played. we are Cardiff not Wales :evil:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:42 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:Hope its not played. we are Cardiff not Wales :evil:

And Liverpool are not England

Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:48 pm

We're a welsh club It's our national anthem why wouldn't you want it to be played in one of the biggest games of the season? :roll: Can't understand your argument we're a welsh club and I for one would sing the anthem with pride on the day! Liverpool ain't England but I garantee they will be singing GSTQ with passion !

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:33 pm

gkbluebird89 wrote:We're a welsh club It's our national anthem why wouldn't you want it to be played in one of the biggest games of the season? :roll: Can't understand your argument we're a welsh club and I for one would sing the anthem with pride on the day! Liverpool ain't England but I garantee they will be singing GSTQ with passion !

Aren't we technically an English club since we represent the FA?

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Of all the clubs in the England, Liverpool would be singing GSTQ with the least gusto (not least due to a large chunk of their fans being: Welsh, Belgian and Irish) never mind the large anti-monarchy and the 'Scouse not English' mentality many have.

Also we are Cardiff not Wales.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm

I think your missing the point! Yes were Cardiff not Wales but its a one off final where Anthems are played every year if GSTQ is played to represent the english side then why not have the welsh national anthem! I'm proud of where im from! I can understand the argument that we play in the english leauge but can't understand this "were cardiff not wales" attitude! I'm not saying it should be played and will understand if it isnt but as a proud welshman i will be very happy if the do :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Doesn't GSTQ represent both of us being the British National Anthem! I suppose because England officially doesn't have a national anthem they will just use GSTQ and that's it? Otherwise you'd have Bellamy singing to both of them!!! :lol:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:24 pm

Sing our anthem with pride.
Its an honour to be there, yes we are Cardiff - but to everyone else we are a little welsh club.

You go on many a football MB and no c**t likes us - some dont even want us and swansea in their league.

Years ago it was 'No Blacks, No Irish' but thats racist so only anti-welsh stuff is still allowed these days.

So get your fuckin lungs ready (and learn the words you lazy twats!!!)

we will never yield :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:26 pm

We have got the best national anthem in the world I cant see a good argument for not using it, we are also the capital city why not? :shock:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:26 pm

PS:

Dont boo their GSTQ - its so amateur

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:34 pm

Well said :ayatollah: plus it'll be quite funny seeing the plastic liverpool fans singing the national anthem then shouting common the pool straight after.The sad thing is they probably won't even notice the irony of it all!

Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:03 pm

eddiep wrote:Sing our anthem with pride.
Its an honour to be there, yes we are Cardiff - but to everyone else we are a little welsh club.

You go on many a football MB and no c**t likes us - some dont even want us and swansea in their league.

Years ago it was 'No Blacks, No Irish' but thats racist so only anti-welsh stuff is still allowed these days.

So get your fuckin lungs ready (and learn the words you lazy twats!!!)

we will never yield :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Top Post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: