Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How come we never make any atmosphere at Wembley

Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:52 pm

Not a dig at our fans or anything, but it seems that every time we've been there that there just isn't any noise from us. Sure we celebrate when we score, but I remember in the play-off final and the Barnsley game not even hearing the iconic "Bluebirds! Bluebirds!" chant after we score.

Is it nerves? Hopefully it is because I think we'll be a lot more relaxed going into this final. I hate using this example, but Swansea seemed to do amazing with their egg chant against Reading. They were blistering out of my TV speakers. Would be great if we could do the same with "I'll be there"

Re: How come we never make any atmosphere at Wembley

Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:06 pm

For me the play/off final was by far the worst, it was horrible. I thought it was maybe because I had the expensive tickets near the front. So gone cheaper and further back for this game.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:18 pm

i agree mate we do need a song, we seem to left um at nin.. ... there is a lot of songs i have`nt herd for a long time,,, :oops:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:18 pm

i think thats bullshit fa cup final was the loudest ever cause of both sets of fans :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:20 pm

I think another reason is people take the wife and instead of being the usual alcohol filled, drug abusing mad man they are on best behaviour :lol:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:43 pm

The Barnsley game could of been better. The Pompey Game they said it was the best atmosphere at the new Wembley ever and it was good. Blackpool we all sensed we was going to loose and it was awful. But hopefully we are expected to loose against Liverpool and i dont think the City fans will be nervous so i am hoping for a rocking Atmo :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:47 pm

I think its mainly because all the singers are split up across the ground, not many people have got the bollux to stand up in the middle of a crowd and sing a full song by theirselves. Thankfully this time theres a forum section so that should add to the atmosphere

Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:59 pm

The FA cup final was a good atmosphere.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:26 pm

Because the performances we have put in at Wembley have been under par. The games have been to edgy and nervy.

Barnsley

Great start with Ledley scoring early on but after that we were hanging on for huge parts of the game. The atmosphere at the final whistle and afterwards was top draw.

Pompey

City never really got going until Ramsey came on and most fans thought he should have started. The Enkleman mistake for the Kanu goal took the stuffing out of the fans as did the disallowed goal. (although it was the right decision)

Blackpool

The expectation was huge but so was the pressure. City pegged back quickly after taking the lead and then Bothroyd going off injured did not help. The usual defensive frailties under DJ's stewardship were there to be seen and once we were losing everybody knew we would not come back. The disappointment was massive and the under achievement extreme. Did not help the atmosphere one bit.

Liverpool

If we go down early on and don't look like we can back into the game the atmosphere again will be poor. If we push Liverpool back however, and really take the game to them and manage to sneak it, I can assure everyone that it will be one if not the best atmospheres of any city match attended. (Guaranteed)

So the atmosphere in the city end will be wholly dependent on the performance. Will it be glory or forever the bridesmaid.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:31 pm

Maybe because it will be full plastics who will not be going to another game untill another final :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:03 pm

I think we all admit that it will be tough to overcome Liverpool! (realistically!) although anything can happen of course.

But because of this lack of pressure on us this time, as we were always EXPECTED to win in our other Wembley ties, it will create a much more relaxed and happy atmosphere, we won't be piling on any pressure, and most of us are excepting it as a good day out with the club we love, we are proud of their carling cup achievements this year, and thats all that matters.

I for one, will be going there to enjoy myself without finding any need to put extra pressure on the players. :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:09 pm

At the FA Cup final. 30 minutes before kick off the Pompey end was full of their supporters enjoying the atmosphere while our end was barely half full, although the bar areas were packed!

Let's all get to our seats early and start the singing, rather than trying to get a last drink in!

Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:19 pm

Merlin wrote:I think we all admit that it will be tough to overcome Liverpool! (realistically!) although anything can happen of course.

But because of this lack of pressure on us this time, as we were always EXPECTED to win in our other Wembley ties, it will create a much more relaxed and happy atmosphere, we won't be piling on any pressure, and most of us are excepting it as a good day out with the club we love, we are proud of their carling cup achievements this year, and thats all that matters.

I for one, will be going there to enjoy myself without finding any need to put extra pressure on the players. :ayatollah:

Totally agree :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:58 pm

Anyone sitting behind the goals? :ayatollah: