Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who would Sam Hammam

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:07 pm

Lend a football club a £24.000.000 unsecured, very few I suspect and what I understand from a close friend and championship club drector S.H. is on thin ice. The loan and many finance people within the game think its a totally manufactured one will be negotiated down anyway. Apparently this was the plan as soon as the court case action was defended. I have every reason to feel confident that CCFC are the ones calling the shots and not S.H.In retro. S.H. understands fully he didn't really think this scam through and could well live to regret it. Hence his side of the story. Remember when he also loved Wimbledon 24.000.000 worth.
Being a friend of S.H. is a lot different to having a business relationship with him.

Re: Who would SAM HAMMAM

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:20 pm

dannyblue wrote:Lend a football club a £24.000.000 unsecured, very few I suspect and what I understand from a close friend and championship club drector S.H. is on thin ice. The loan and many finance people within the game think its a totally manufactured one will be negotiated down anyway. Apparently this was the plan as soon as the court case action was defended. I have every reason to feel confident that CCFC are the ones calling the shots and not S.H.In retro. S.H. understands fully he didn't really think this scam through and could well live to regret it. Hence his side of the story. Remember when he also loved Wimbledon 24.000.000 worth.
Being a friend of S.H. is a lot different to having a business relationship with him.

I totally agree with you, a friendship with Sam which I had is totally different than a business relationship, but I will add to that I saw how he treated workers under him, i could never off worked for him in a million yrs, but as a friend i can say I could always rely on him or go to him if things were wrong in my life.

When my Mother died he was amazing and when my father was very ill he would come to see him, he was also there at there funerals and my wedding.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
dannyblue wrote:Lend a football club a £24.000.000 unsecured, very few I suspect and what I understand from a close friend and championship club drector S.H. is on thin ice. The loan and many finance people within the game think its a totally manufactured one will be negotiated down anyway. Apparently this was the plan as soon as the court case action was defended. I have every reason to feel confident that CCFC are the ones calling the shots and not S.H.In retro. S.H. understands fully he didn't really think this scam through and could well live to regret it. Hence his side of the story. Remember when he also loved Wimbledon 24.000.000 worth.

I totally agree with you, a friendship with Sam which I had is totally different than a business relationship, but I will add to that I saw how he treated workers under him, i could never off worked for him in a million yrs, but as a friend i can say I could always rely on him or go to him if things were wrong in my life.

When my Mother died he was amazing and when my father was very ill he would come to see him, he was also there at there funerals and my wedding.

Speak as you find Annis, Had I known him as well as you I would probably say the same and I am glad you seem to agree with the business bit.

Re: Who would Sam Hammam

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:43 pm

Being plain horrible to those who work for you can never be defended.

However, if I had £24m riding on a gamble with the added problem that the likes of PMG/Ridsdale were willing to rip me off at the first chance they could, I can't say I would be clam and pleasant to all those around me either.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:02 pm

I thought that there was something dodgy with it. Possibly breaking league rules. Has to be a reason why after all this time he still refuses to name the real 'Langstone'.

I've never seen anything like it .

Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:22 pm

sam hammam and ridsdale both as bad as each other.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

He wasn't that bad to work for, I've worked for a lot worse I can tell you. Never a dull moment, that's for sure. As long as you respected his little rules you were okay. Thing is with Sam he doesn't suffer fools and he's got no time for arse lickers and bull shitters. So your average "office politician" is always going to find it tough working for him. Sam is the type of person that wants the truth rather than hear what you think he wants to hear. Tell him he's talking rubbish when he's talking rubbish and you are okay.

He used to sack people four or five times a day and apologize after every time. I can't think of one person who really got sacked though, plenty walked. Lots of people say they couldn't work for him but you would, at least he's honest in that he tells you to your face what he thinks of you rather than smile at you and stab you in the back as soon as it's turned. I've known a few bosses like that, I had one in Cwmaman who lied to take his employees outside and give them a goo hiding.

Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:05 am

Berwyn wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

He wasn't that bad to work for, I've worked for a lot worse I can tell you. Never a dull moment, that's for sure. As long as you respected his little rules you were okay. Thing is with Sam he doesn't suffer fools and he's got no time for arse lickers and bull shitters. So your average "office politician" is always going to find it tough working for him. Sam is the type of person that wants the truth rather than hear what you think he wants to hear. Tell him he's talking rubbish when he's talking rubbish and you are okay.

He used to sack people four or five times a day and apologize after every time. I can't think of one person who really got sacked though, plenty walked. Lots of people say they couldn't work for him but you would, at least he's honest in that he tells you to your face what he thinks of you rather than smile at you and stab you in the back as soon as it's turned. I've known a few bosses like that, I had one in Cwmaman who lied to take his employees outside and give them a goo hiding.

Hi Berwyn,
Cheers for that, I never sucked up to him and thats why we got on so well.

Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:19 am

being in business sacking people willynilly is a no go, but i really would love to meet the man theres something about him which is strange yet very notorious, maybe one day our paths will cross

i keep an open mind on what has happened at the club in the past, but a lot of fans have got to admit when he was here there was never ever a dull moment :lol:

Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:37 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:being in business sacking people willynilly is a no go, but i really would love to meet the man theres something about him which is strange yet very notorious, maybe one day our paths will cross

i keep an open mind on what has happened at the club in the past, but a lot of fans have got to admit when he was here there was never ever a dull moment :lol:

Baz, there is no one like sam and what a character, mad, lunatic, fanatic and passionate, but never a dull moment. The only prob was it was Sams way or no way lol.