Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whitts Aims To Stop Chopra!

Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:44 am

PETER Whittingham has vowed not to let former team-mate Michael Chopra put the brakes on Cardiff City’s promotion push at Ipswich on Saturday.

Ex-Bluebirds favourite Chopra scored the winning goal in the Tractor Boys’ 1-0 win at Portsmouth on Tuesday night, as City were beating Peterborough 3-1.

But, while victory against Posh came as a relief after two successive defeats, Whittingham has warned of the dangers of the club’s old striker coming back to haunt them at Portman Road.

Chopra has led Ipswich to three successive Championship victories, scoring four goals in that run to take his tally for the season to 11.

Ipswich have scored nine goals in wins against Coventry, Portsmouth and leaders West Ham, who were thumped 5-1.

It prompted Whittingham to say: “Let’s hope Chops isn’t able to hurt us too.

“He’s a natural goalscorer and he thrives on putting the ball into the net.

“If he scores he is high on confidence and flying. Chops scored the only goal against Portsmouth in midweek – and next he wants to put one over us on Saturday.

“It’s up to us to make sure he doesn’t.”

Chopra had two spells with the Bluebirds, leaving for Sunderland in a multi-million-pound transfer first time around and then playing next to Whittingham in the team that failed to clinch promotion under Dave Jones.

After last season’s play-off flop against Reading, Chopra joined Ipswich... who, with his goals, have started to charge up the Championship table after a poor start.

Whittingham is again likely to be Bluebirds captain against Ipswich, although he said: “It’s a little weird for me, completely different to what I am used to.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -30339703/

Re: Whitts Aims To Stop Chopra!

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:02 am

I watched that interview on player yesterday!!
Another funny interview at times with Whitts,
Was funny when he claimed the goal from tuesday, "well it went straight in didn't it?, that makes it mine" :lol:

Great character, so laid back as always!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:14 am

It's that fooking Scotland we need to worry about. Alway's scores against us. :(

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:31 am

LutonBluebird wrote:I watched that interview on player yesterday!!
Another funny interview at times with Whitts,
Was funny when he claimed the goal from tuesday, "well it went straight in didn't it?, that makes it mine" :lol:

Great character, so laid back as always!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He is so laid back he's horizontal. When my lad Tommy was mascot last season we were in dressing rooms at about 2pm and Whitts was sat there in his suit whilst all the others are kitted out. I assumed he was out injured. Next thing he is wandering out onto pitch in his kit.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:44 pm

think to stop chops and scotland we must play blake and turner , gerrard too slow for this game :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: