Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warning/Help Needed

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Hi

Please be aware of a ticket scam by user name "dominator" who advertised on this site Thursday 26th January saying he had seats available for Wembley. He gave the name Alex Gill and gave his sort code, bank account and address details. He also gave out a mobile number. Money was paid into the account but tickets were never received. On further investigation it was found that the address that was given in Kent was false.

All this information was reported to the MET police and then passed to Greater Manchester police who are now investigating this.

Any help anyone can give will be much appercited

Re: Warning/Help Needed

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:51 pm

Cardiff_Davies wrote:Hi

Please be aware of a ticket scam by user name "dominator" who advertised on this site Thursday 26th January saying he had seats available for Wembley. He gave the name Alex Gill and gave his sort code, bank account and address details. He also gave out a mobile number. Money was paid into the account but tickets were never received. On further investigation it was found that the address that was given in Kent was false.

All this information was reported to the MET police and then passed to Greater Manchester police who are now investigating this.

What knuckle head would pay money in to an account even with an address unless its a ticket line i would get it or you would take cash and meet that person face to face,I can not believe people still fall for scams like this online :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:36 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Cardiff_Davies wrote:Hi

What knuckle head would pay money in to an account even with an address unless its a ticket line i would get it or you would take cash and meet that person face to face,I can not believe people still fall for scams like this online :lol: :lol:

Agree..... Shame people don't see the wood from the trees

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:39 pm

Perhaps some Mod can ban the fooker :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Perhaps some Mod can ban the fooker :evil: :evil: :evil:

Good shout

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:43 pm

cwmbachbluebird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Perhaps some Mod can ban the fooker :evil: :evil: :evil:

Good shout

I asked Chief !! it is rude to shout :D

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:51 pm

Well glad you can laugh

All i did was to try and warn you people just in case anyone was tempted, next time i wont bother

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:04 pm

Google the name amrik gill, he's a man city fan, he's done time for scaming loads of people. I feel for you mate, it can Happen to anyone, thousands of good natured people get caught every year, that's what they prey on, good honest hard working people

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:07 pm

There was a warning put on this site about this guy a few weeks back, hes a Man City fan and well known fraudster to the police in Manchester. I'd get in touch with the Manchester police if I was you. Links below

http://mancityblues.com/index.php?topic=7831.0

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69313&p=655112#p655112

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:13 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:There was a warning put on this site about this guy a few weeks back, hes a Man City fan and well known fraudster to the police in Manchester. I'd get in touch with the Manchester police if I was you. Links below

http://mancityblues.com/index.php?topic=7831.0

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69313&p=655112#p655112

PS: Once he had been rumbled, he emailed Annis and asked him to remove his post advertising the tkts, maybe Annis has got copies of the pm from him which could help the police.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:16 pm

Thanks for your help bud :)

have contacted the police and they found he lived in manchester, they kept sayin his name keeps sneakin up.. They are condifent get money back with compensation they are saying

will email annis when hes back

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:19 pm

Cardiff_Davies wrote:Thanks for your help bud :)

have contacted the police and they found he lived in manchester, they kept sayin his name keeps sneakin up.. They are condifent get money back with compensation they are saying

Prob better emailing Owain on here.
Annis is away and tbh he wouldn't have a clue how to get a deleted post back.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:22 pm

Cardiff_Davies wrote:Thanks for your help bud :)

No probs mate, sorry to hear of your situation, may be worth posting a message on that Man City site too, sure they'd be more than happy to help bust him as he doesn't sound too popular with them too. Best of luck with it mate.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:23 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:No probs mate, sorry to hear of your situation, may be worth posting a message on that Man City site too, sure they'd be more than happy to help bust him as he doesn't sound too popular with them too. Best of luck with it mate.

Cheers bud :ayatollah: much appercaited with your help.. Will update situation on here when i no whats going on, so if people do ever get trapped will no hw to sort it

Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:28 am

I mailed him as desperate for 2 tickets and asked him if he'd take a cheque. I'd have his address then but said he wanted money paid into account. Smelled a rat and pulled plug on it :ayatollah: