Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Rudy

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 am

Won everything in the air, great header to score, but no composure for two open goals... Agree the jury is still out but he deserved his fans MOM yesterday.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:47 am

I've enjoyed this thread lads, a proper football thread. Not everyone has agreed but some good constructive points on both sides of the debate :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:03 am

Sorry
An average championship striker at best, would be very good at league 1 level or in Scotland. But would love to be proved wrong if he develops into something else! Will back him 110% of course, and is a different option for us, and his link up play has improved, but his heading at goal is frantic and wayward just like his finishing, a top striker would have that in his armour by his age. Still sing your name Rudy though :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:10 am

I will make mind up about him, when he's had 3 or 4 full games under his belt, he's definitely showed enough and deserves a good run.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:12 pm

As soon as he missed his first chance last night i siad to the person next to me. "rudy's absolute crap and not good enough for tuis division." two seconds later he scored.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:46 pm

Lol yeaa you never know in time. He'll shape up im sure, Maybe a short loan to a lower club will help him.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:58 pm

Good in the air but awful first touch and no composure in front of goal.

Even that sweet volley he hit 2nd half was as a result of terrible first touch that bounced up.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:23 pm

blueheaven wrote:Rudy now don't laugh reminds a bit of Peter Crouch when he was younger he put himself about won his headers but always looked awkward and snatched at chances. However has he matured he added a lot to his game became more clinical and became a regular international player :o

I still think the jurys out on Rudy but he put in a very good shift last night caused their central defenders all sorts of problems scored a superb header and with more composure could and should have had an hat trick i would start him against Ipswich who knows we might have another Peter Crouch on our hands :D :ayatollah:

i think thats quite a good comparison actually,

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:29 pm

polo wrote:Good in the air but awful first touch and no composure in front of goal.

Even that sweet volley he hit 2nd half was as a result of terrible first touch that bounced up.

I wonder if his touch was to lack of game time. in a few of this seasons league cup games i was quite impressed with his first touch

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:30 pm

polo wrote:Good in the air but awful first touch and no composure in front of goal.

I agree with this. I know people say he's raw but you;'d expect his touch to be a bit better by now at 23.

Saying that Lambert's been plying his trade in low and non-league football for years and it's only now he's 27 he's actually showing his class. Maybe Rudy needs to do a bit of that?

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:36 pm

I admit I threw in some criticism about Gestede in recent weeks but his showing against Peterborough won me over again. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:51 pm

I think he found his level last night, bottom half of championship he looked good against. Everyone raved about his performance against Forest but again take a look at the table. Don't think he is good enough when playing against the better sides but hey good squad player for now and maybe will kick on now and improve all round

Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:01 am

How people continue to judge him after he comes on for at least 15-10 minutes goes beyond me.
Hes a young striker whos new to this league and has got the expectation to perform mircales.

He started against Forest and apprantley was the best player on the pitch for us.
He was brilliant Tuesday. He didnt fling hiself in the air. He was more calm and had a good touch. His control with the chest is brilliant. He got the corner which led to his goal. Maybe he should of finshed his chance but he wads calm and played it into Miller which shows some partnership. He really wanted to work with Kenny on Tuesday and if i remember he set up Miller in the second half with a lovely through ball which almost went in?
Great Header for the goal no stopping it. sIMILAR TO OLLYS vs Hull last season! :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:00 am

I've never seen him play a full game as obviously don't get to live games and he has only ever been a sub when televised (I think) but just watched the 6 mins or so highlights on the iplayer and he certainly seemed to cause some problems. I thought his goal was a great header and he put a decent ball through at the end for Mason I think.

I also have to say that when he stepped up to take a penalty v Palace I wasn't too confident but he showed good composure. Seems like a nice lad from what I have heard so would like to see him do well. :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:30 am

Raw yes, strong, holds the ball up quite well. doesn't really lose possession easily like some of our other players. (McNaughton had a mare against Posh - so many times he just passed to nobody when he lumped it up field)

Gets in good positions, has a decent head on him. Lacks a little bit of composure when UNDER pressure, otherwise seems quite confident. He does snap a bit at shots rather than to think before hitting it.

Although I will say he is and will be a tidy player for us, eventually - just takes time to coach him the championship way, and build his confidence.

Don't think I would play him (start him) too much away from home, as it seems Malky prefers the 4-5-1 more away from home, than at the CCS. playing him more at our ground could be to his advantage as the crowd are more behind him, and he fits in better with a 4-4-2 that we now have more chance of playing with the additions of Harris & Vuckic. We need a plan B - and I believe Rudy can be a part of that.