Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rudy

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:30 pm

I think the big fella proved a few people wrong tonight. Yes he missed a few chances but his link up play was superb. He was always looking to find a blue shirt with his headers and created quite a few chances. If he could just have a bit more composure in front of goal we'd have the makings of a very good forward and a great option to play the target man role. His desire is another impressive feature of his game. Once in the second half he ended up making a good tackle in the right full back position. Fair play to the lad he's had a bit of criticism on here lately but tonight he was top drawer. (ps - it wwas good to see Whitts return to form tonight) :ayatollah:

Re: Rudy

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:31 pm

Missed a few but got in there to miss them. Thought he was excellent tonight

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:32 pm

I agree, always plays well when he starts and gave us the edge tonight. He is a good striker of the ball but panics when he has a bit of time but that will come with experience.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:33 pm

Was brilliant tonight. Lethal in the air, and fingers crossed he can keep it up.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

he's about as effective as an out of form, lazy jay bothroyd..

which in effect is a decent striker at championship level never the less

Not for me. His touch and link up play were awful and he snatches at chances.

Put himself about though

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:42 pm

polo wrote:Not for me. His touch and link up play were awful and he snatches at chances.

Put himself about though

You are having a :lol:

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:44 pm

Polo doesnt like him :o

ALways does well when he starts, id have started with Mason but Rudy did the business tonight

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:45 pm

Valley Lad wrote:
polo wrote:Not for me. His touch and link up play were awful and he snatches at chances.

Put himself about though

no im serious. im allowed an opinion. hes not my type of player.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:46 pm

Valley Lad wrote:

Put himself about though

I knew a few people who put themselves about,

i didnt do them no good , couple of trips to the clap :lol:

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:49 pm

I've said it all along.

The doubters seem to judge him on 10 minutes, expecting him to change a game when losing. Given a chance, another day it's a hat-trick and a lot of assists.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:55 pm

f**k Me.
I agree with Polo!!!!

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:55 pm

polo wrote:
Valley Lad wrote:

Put himself about though

Wasn't suggesting you're not entitled to an opinion and understand him not being for you, but on tonights showing alone his touch and link up play were excellent, snatching at chances I'll give you that one.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:04 am

He's a very good young player, and he does seem to play better when he starts than when he comes off the bench. He'll get better with time as well. No idea what polo's on about though :?

Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:36 am

polo wrote:
Valley Lad wrote:

Put himself about though

Your opinion is s**t :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:59 am

He's not a clinical finisher, but he wasn't brought in for that.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:19 am

Baker wrote:He's not a clinical finisher, but he wasn't brought in for that.

Exactly. He times his jump better than anyone I've ever seen, honest!

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:32 am

he needs to work on his first touch, and the way he smashed 3 over the bar from inside the area when he had time and almost and empty goal to hit.. he really lacks composure and this is a concern now for a player who is 23 as this should have started to come by now..

he still needs a lot of work on his game, but i take nothing away from his effort it was superb and some of his headers were excellent.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:34 am

im personally a big fan of Rudys and was glad to see him get 90 minutes alongside kenny,the partnership reminds me a bit of heskey playing alongside michael owen,not a natural finisher but will be a handful against any team
the more game time rudy gets will benefit him in the coming seasons, reserve and lower league football in France is a lot different then the championship

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:39 am

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:He's a very good young player, and he does seem to play better when he starts than when he comes off the bench. He'll get better with time as well. No idea what polo's on about though :?

me and you only people on this board that talk sense mate

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:49 am

Miserable bugger that Polo

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:12 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:he needs to work on his first touch, and the way he smashed 3 over the bar from inside the area when he had time and almost and empty goal to hit.. he really lacks composure and this is a concern now for a player who is 23 as this should have started to come by now..

he still needs a lot of work on his game, but i take nothing away from his effort it was superb and some of his headers were excellent.

Couldn't have put it better myself,though I do think he will improve if he keeps getting starts, last night was the best I have seen him play

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:16 am

sorry guys i dont think hes that good either at the end of the day it doesnt matter how young you are if you are a stiker you should have composure and an eye for goal even if your not a natural finisher but he hasnt his work rate and link up play are great but if he was a striker he would have had 3 easy tonight expecially when kenny put the ball in the box and all he needed to do is a diving header but no watched the ball go passed any normal striker would have thrown themselves at that.
im not trying to be negative but we wont have all these chances to miss every game so either malky needs to work on him or put mason in i think

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:20 am

cecilccfc wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:He's a very good young player, and he does seem to play better when he starts than when he comes off the bench. He'll get better with time as well. No idea what polo's on about though :?

me and you only people on this board that talk sense mate

Not playing and only getting ten minutes here or there will make a player rusty and he won't have any match fitness, Rudy was excellent last night in his first start in a while. Imagine how good he could be with an actual run in the side.

It improves the game for miller who has looked very isolated up top on his own recently.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:22 am

nicky evans wrote:sorry guys i dont think hes that good either at the end of the day it doesnt matter how young you are if you are a stiker you should have composure and an eye for goal even if your not a natural finisher but he hasnt his work rate and link up play are great but if he was a striker he would have had 3 easy tonight expecially when kenny put the ball in the box and all he needed to do is a diving header but no watched the ball go passed any normal striker would have thrown themselves at that.
im not trying to be negative but we wont have all these chances to miss every game so either malky needs to work on him or put mason in i think

I think that's absolute rubbish, playing as a striker it takes games to get your confidence, your touch and your finishing spot on especially when you're Rudy's age.

I'm hoping he's going to get some game time because it's clear to me he'll prove his doubters wrong.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:26 am

i agree with the confidence part every striker needs confidence but still a striker needs and should anticipate things if not then to me thats not a stiker. just my opinion

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:26 am

One word... raw.

This lad has probably not been coached the right way or had coaching tailored to how he can benefit the most from it. If he remained a bit more composed he could have scored 5 or 6 last night. If we have a player who could score that many in one night then we are very lucky.

Areas to work on and far from the finished article but he proved me wrong last night. I haven't really rated him too much so far but last night he showed potential and as someone said, at least he got into the positions to miss those chances... and he still bagged one with a header that would have beaten most defences and keepers in this division.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:28 am

nicky evans wrote:i agree with the confidence part every striker needs confidence but still a striker needs and should anticipate things if not then to me thats not a stiker. just my opinion

His anticipation and movement were excellent last night, look at the positions he got in to have those chances.

He just needs game time and for his confidence to improve and he'll be a great asset.

As mentioned above the level of coaching he is receiving at the moment will do wonders for the lad.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:33 am

nicky evans wrote:sorry guys i dont think hes that good either at the end of the day it doesnt matter how young you are if you are a stiker you should have composure and an eye for goal even if your not a natural finisher but he hasnt his work rate and link up play are great but if he was a striker he would have had 3 easy tonight expecially when kenny put the ball in the box and all he needed to do is a diving header but no watched the ball go passed any normal striker would have thrown themselves at that.

I agree that probably will never become a robbie fowler or michael owen in front of goal. having said that i do think this aspect of his game can be worked on and needs to be worked on.
I think a lot of the chances he snatched at last night were down to the lads determination to succeed. his attitude and willingness to do a shift for the team seem second to none and i saw enough in his game last night to convince me that he could be a valuable weapon for us in the weeks to come.
He is powerful and quick, he's got the leap of a basketball player and i think his lack of first touch is being exaggerated.
I know he's 23/24 but i still believe there is lot more to come from him. as someone has said above, there is a big difference playing in the french lower leagues to playing in the championship.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:34 am

Rudy now don't laugh reminds a bit of Peter Crouch when he was younger he put himself about won his headers but always looked awkward and snatched at chances. However has he matured he added a lot to his game became more clinical and became a regular international player :o

I still think the jurys out on Rudy but he put in a very good shift last night caused their central defenders all sorts of problems scored a superb header and with more composure could and should have had an hat trick i would start him against Ipswich who knows we might have another Peter Crouch on our hands :D :ayatollah: