Gerrard - 6
McNaughton - 8

Cowie - 6
Whittingham - 7
Vulkic - 8
Gunnarsson - 7

Miller - 6
Gestede - 7

Although 3-1 is a good result, personally i wasnt happy with the attacking play particually the finishing. All in all we had 25 shots on goal and only 10 of them were on target, thats around a 30-35% shot accuracy which i find really poor, do they do work on shooting and finishing in training or not ? We should of easily won 8/9 nill and done our goal difference alot of good instead they lapse in concentration and concede a sloppy late goal blowing our clean sheet. But as i said a win is a win and 3 points is very important lets hope we improve.

Re: Cardiff City vs Peterborough United Ratings

Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:54 pm

Chris1988 wrote:Marshall - 6 Very little to do so yeah a 6

Taylor - 6 I thought Taylor had a good game 8
Turner - 7 Sloppy at times but overall good 7
Gerrard - 6 Steady eddie 6
McNaughton - 8 Mcnaughton at times brilliant but his distrabution very poor 7

Cowie - 6 Lots of running but quiet 6
Whittingham - 7 Started sloppy but got stronger as the game went on 8
Vulkic - 8 Very quiet then came alive for rest of first half then went quiet again 7
Gunnarsson - 7 Cardiff City MOM for me 8

Miller - 6 Nothing going for him at the moment 6
Gestede - 7 He would of had a 9 had his finishing been better 8
The Peterborough Keeper for me was worthy of a 10
Although 3-1 is a good result, personally i wasnt happy with the attacking play particually the finishing. All in all we had 25 shots on goal and only 10 of them were on target, thats around a 30-35% shot accuracy which i find really poor, do they do work on shooting and finishing in training or not ? We should of easily won 8/9 nill and done our goal difference alot of good instead they lapse in concentration and concede a sloppy late goal blowing our clean sheet. But as i said a win is a win and 3 points is very important lets hope we improve.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:19 pm

Marshall – 6 – not really tested did fine solid score

Taylor – 6 – did well, gave us width maybe should have done better for the P’Boro goal
Turner – 7 – Strong and usual self I felt it was an easy day for the CB’s tbh
Gerrard – 6 – Had an easy game didn’t do anything wrong really
McNaughton – 8 MOTM – thought he was excellent and his best game for a long time. I think people are making to much of his distribution now, if it was good he would be prem easily. His passing was pretty good today and defensively and his running with the ball was excellent

Cowie – 6 – Worked hard and does such an important job.
Whittingham – 7 - Quality player isn’t he makes things look so simple.
Vulkic – 6 Very good goal and moments of quality but needs to get more involved.
Gunnarsson – 6 wasted when not so central but worked hard and kept the shape

Miller – 6 – He needs a goal now but his workrate and ability on the ball is top draw to be honest
Gestede – 7 Should have had a hat trick but kept getting in the positions and called all sorts of problems. I was amazed he didn’t start with Mason but Malky wins :)

Seeing Gunnarsson play a wider role today made me think how important Don Cowie is for us. The way we play we have players like Cowie and Conway who are not playing wide but just off centre but still have to do the work of a wide player and keep it tight in the middle. Gunnarsson did that role today and to me he wasn’t as effective as he is in the middle but for work rate and positioning he was still top class. Its not a position that makes a player stand out so maybe don’t get the praise they deserve. Could even say thats true of my ratings Cowie and Gunnarsson didn’t stand out for me but did a hell of a job in a good team performance.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:32 am

2blue2handle wrote:Marshall – 6 – not really tested did fine solid score

Taylor – 6 – did well, gave us width maybe should have done better for the P’Boro goal
Turner – 7 – Strong and usual self I felt it was an easy day for the CB’s tbh
Gerrard – 6 – Had an easy game didn’t do anything wrong really
McNaughton – 8 MOTM – thought he was excellent and his best game for a long time. I think people are making to much of his distribution now, if it was good he would be prem easily. His passing was pretty good today and defensively and his running with the ball was excellent

Cowie – 6 – Worked hard and does such an important job.
Whittingham – 7 - Quality player isn’t he makes things look so simple.
Vulkic – 6 Very good goal and moments of quality but needs to get more involved.
Gunnarsson – 6 wasted when not so central but worked hard and kept the shape

Miller – 6 – He needs a goal now but his workrate and ability on the ball is top draw to be honest
Gestede – 7 Should have had a hat trick but kept getting in the positions and called all sorts of problems. I was amazed he didn’t start with Mason but Malky wins :)

Seeing Gunnarsson play a wider role today made me think how important Don Cowie is for us. The way we play we have players like Cowie and Conway who are not playing wide but just off centre but still have to do the work of a wide player and keep it tight in the middle. Gunnarsson did that role today and to me he wasn’t as effective as he is in the middle but for work rate and positioning he was still top class. Its not a position that makes a player stand out so maybe don’t get the praise they deserve. Could even say thats true of my ratings Cowie and Gunnarsson didn’t stand out for me but did a hell of a job in a good team performance.

I agree with you on McNaughton, surley the only thing we want him to do is to defend which is what he does brilliantly everytime

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:02 am

what i couldnt work out in the 1st half was the formation. it seemed cowie was out left and gunnarsson right, with whitts sitting deeper and that vukic in the middle. but our shape was awful at times and it looked like a rugby kick off with 20 players all on the one side of the pitch..

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:28 am

Malky tried a new system so the lads took time to get used to it-I personally applaud him for that
super kev defended well and looked dangerous going forward-his best game for a while]#