Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Blues Board Meeting Tomorrow "

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:53 pm

With no clause in the Blues contract with the City, could cost them in the region of 10 million if they were to pull out, but would they City want a lumper (pay off Lansdale) or would they take it on a yearly basis with interest added. Either way would be good for our Club.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:13 pm

There are rumours on twitter that the Blues have now decided to play all their remaining home games in the Arms Park.

:ayatollah:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:48 pm

If you want to read up on this www.gwladrugby.com is the place to look my mate has posted today on whats happening he gets his info from someone inside the club .

Re: Blues Board Meeting Tomorrow

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:01 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:
nerd wrote:
SA17 Bluebird wrote:The Blues have a board meeting tomorrow to discuss whether they are going to play the reminder of their home games in the Arms Park this season.

They have said that they will re consider their position at the CCS in the summer.

Where I see this as great news, do the club think the same? Do we need their money?

It's Cardiff RFC board meeting, surely?

From what I've been hearing, it's to rubber stamp a move back to CAP. Let's hope Tan et al have charged a fair amount for tearing up the contract.

Whoever makes the decisions.

According to WalesOnline - they pay us £500,000 a year. That is a lot of money!

They would need to pay a hefty amount of compensation to tear up the contract!

Is that £500K before costs (e.g. pitch repairs). The net position may be far less valuable than many are speculating.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:30 am

Been told that the lease allows the Blues to play a couple of games per season elsewhere, which is what they are opting to do with the Connacht & other games.

They originally hoped that this clause would enable them to use the Millenium Stadium for Heineken Cup semi finals and the like, in the anticipation of attracting massive crowds. As they can't even half fill the CCS they are now desperately downsizing to the Arms Park in the hope they can fill that!

Rugby is the national game of Wales? :lol: :ayatollah: