Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Blues Board Meeting Tomorrow "

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:13 pm

The Blues have a board meeting tomorrow to discuss whether they are going to play the reminder of their home games in the Arms Park this season.

They have said that they will re consider their position at the CCS in the summer.

Where I see this as great news, do the club think the same? Do we need their money?

Re: Blues Board Meeting Tomorrow

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:19 pm

It would be great if they:
:ayatollah: Buy out their contract.
:ayatollah: Get their shit out of our shop
:ayatollah: Take their stupid signs on the outside and pictures on the inside down
:ayatollah: And get the f**k off our pitch!

Therefore we would get a lot of £££'s, our own personalised stadium, and a lovely pitch.

Imagine what our pitch would look like with no eggers AND the glow lamps :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:25 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:The Blues have a board meeting tomorrow to discuss whether they are going to play the reminder of their home games in the Arms Park this season.

They have said that they will re consider their position at the CCS in the summer.

Where I see this as great news, do the club think the same? Do we need their money?

It's Cardiff RFC board meeting, surely?

From what I've been hearing, it's to rubber stamp a move back to CAP. Let's hope Tan et al have charged a fair amount for tearing up the contract.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:28 pm

nerd wrote:
SA17 Bluebird wrote:The Blues have a board meeting tomorrow to discuss whether they are going to play the reminder of their home games in the Arms Park this season.

It's Cardiff RFC board meeting, surely?

From what I've been hearing, it's to rubber stamp a move back to CAP. Let's hope Tan et al have charged a fair amount for tearing up the contract.

Whoever makes the decisions.

According to WalesOnline - they pay us £500,000 a year. That is a lot of money!

They would need to pay a hefty amount of compensation to tear up the contract!

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Six figures plus 40% overheads.
To buy them out would bankrupt them.

19 years left I believe so it's going to be a lot of money.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:56 pm

they will just try to use the cc stadium for high profile matches.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:01 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Six figures plus 40% overheads.

Six figures is a bit vague isn't it :lol: £100,000 to £999,000?

Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:03 pm

harold pinta wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Six figures plus 40% overheads.

Six figures is a bit vague isn't it :lol: £100,000 to £999,000?

It's all I ever remember being said :lol:
If I was to guess I'd think around 250k but that's a guess.

I want the blues gone however it's useful income, it can buy a mason type player every season :ayatollah:
40% of the over heads would be pretty huge as well.

I don't see what city gain from losing the blues

Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:13 am

Well I would of thought it would be easy to walk away without paying anything. Just don't pay CCS the bill and they'd get kicked out anyway. What you going to do about it? Send in the balifs and auction off their players? Not likely.
Of course CCS could sue for breach of contract but then why should the Blues pay up what they owe? Cardiff City are not exactly sqeaky clean either when it comes to paying up what they owe now are they.
At the end of the day that contract was to stop the Blues being kicked out rather than to force them to stay. If they want to go, they go, simple as.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:18 am

CantonJack wrote:It would be great if they:
:ayatollah: Take their stupid signs on the outside and pictures on the inside down

Therefore we would get a lot of £££'s, our own personalised stadium, and a lovely pitch.

Imagine what our pitch would look like with no eggers AND the glow lamps :ayatollah:

SPOT ON, NOW THIS WOULD BE MUSIC TO MY EARS. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " Blues Board Meeting Tomorrow "

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:05 am

My first sticky!!

What a proud day! :ayatollah:

In my opinion, I can see them deciding to play all their remaining league games at the Arms Park.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:43 am

its a win win situtation for both tbh....

we gain a excellent pitch which will benefit our attacking style of football

and the blues will gain a better atmosphere in a smaller ground!

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:45 am

If it is a legally binding contract, then City hold all the aces in any negotiations if the Blues want to renege on the deal - unless there is a break clause included with an agreed amount of compensation or compensation calculation contained in the body of the contract, which may limit the payment due.

Not very good PR for Welsh rugby if the Blues were to attempt to walk away & pay nothing, as some claim, as they would get their arses tanned in Court. If they can't afford to pay City what is due then the WRU would no doubt have to pick up the bill to prevent one of its marquee regions going bust!

And as for the claim that City are not "squeaky clean" when it comes to debt management - don't forget that we are one of the few clubs who hasn't gone down the administration route. We try to honour our (legitimate!) debts & not pay pennies in the pound like some more disreputable teams (local examples, anyone?!).

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:58 am

BorderBlue wrote:If it is a legally binding contract, then City hold all the aces in any negotiations if the Blues want to renege on the deal - unless there is a break clause included with an agreed amount of compensation or compensation calculation contained in the body of the contract, which may limit the payment due.

Not very good PR for Welsh rugby if the Blues were to attempt to walk away & pay nothing, as some claim, as they would get their arses tanned in Court. If they can't afford to pay City what is due then the WRU would no doubt have to pick up the bill to prevent one of its marquee regions going bust!

And as for the claim that City are not "squeaky clean" when it comes to debt management - don't forget that we are one of the few clubs who hasn't gone down the administration route. We try to honour our (legitimate!) debts & not pay pennies in the pound like some more disreputable teams (local examples, anyone?!).

Good point about the admin thing. Regards their contract though. Would City even go through the massive legal expense of fighting that case? Then when they win the Blues just refuse to pay up anyway. Just because the court tell them to pay up doesn't mean they would. Like I said if they want to go then just let them. I don't see any benefit for City by getting in to a massive legal battle with the Blues. It would be quite embarrassing and an unnecessary distraction.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:14 pm

This. :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:30 pm

Berwyn, the point is that unless the contract specifically allows them to do so the Blues cannot legally just walk away from their financial obligations toasted City. It would not be a massive legal battle, just a very straightfoward one in our favour.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:16 pm

do either cardiff city or the blues have a "get out clause " in the contract?....peter thomas is a shrewd businessman...i can't belive they'd sign up for twenty years without one

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:39 pm

Further evidence that the Blues want out of the CCS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17016179

Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:16 pm

Even the Jacks have had complaints about their pitch this season and they have always had a good playing surface so I wouldn't be surprised if the Ospreys are also looking into playing at St Helens , The Gnoll or even Brewery Field aas I believe Bridgend is in their region?

I am sure The Cardiff City board will agree a figure to break the contract say 10 years worth = £5 million ( all proceeds to go to Malky for buying players in the summer ) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:22 pm

billy ronson wrote:Even the Jacks have had complaints about their pitch this season and they have always had a good playing surface so I wouldn't be surprised if the Ospreys are also looking into playing at St Helens , The Gnoll or even Brewery Field aas I believe Bridgend is in their region?

I am sure The Cardiff City board will agree a figure to break the contract say 10 years worth = £5 million ( all proceeds to go to Malky for buying players in the summer ) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That £5m, if that is what the figure will be, will definately be going to Langstone in payment of the Premier League promotion. ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Good point :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:23 pm

I think if the 'right people' want them out they will come to some agreement.
We've all seen business deals where certain people have got involved to 'grease the gears'.
Be interesting to see how it pans out!

Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:32 pm

would they be prepared to take on TAN?
peter pie mans wealth pales into insignificancecompared to TAN, id know who id put my money on!

Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:36 pm

Regional Rugby is in the shit and the WRU will have to bail them out time and time again (told to me by eggers last night) They reckon the switch to the Arms Park will be for the smaller games and the WRU will pay CCFC the rent due. That would be sweet if true.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Is Mike Hall on our board ??

Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:56 pm

I reckon they have 3 options.

Leave us for good and still pay us.

Share back and for and still pay us.

Blues go bust, reform as Cardiff rugby and pay us zero.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I reckon they have 3 options.

Leave us for good and still pay us.

Share back and for and still pay us.

Blues go bust, reform as Cardiff rugby and pay us zero.

how can they reform as cardiff rfc, cardiff rfc still exist their separate clubs
ive never cared much for regional rugby it was always going to be a mess
they should have converted the existing top flight clubs into professional clubs and worked from there
as regards to the Blues and our club its a massive mess and will remain so until this is sorted im not against the Blues playing at our club were not the only club that shares with a rugby team and if our ground staff cant deal with the pitch usage and others can we should point the finger at the ground staff not the rugby team

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:03 pm

the blues do not have get out clause so their owners not so smart!

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:20 pm

Without doubt, this is the most succinct, well written and most sensible post that I've read on a message board anywhere.

Get the f*cking egg out.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:23 pm

RobbieS wrote:

Without doubt, this is the most succinct, well written and most sensible post that I've read on a message board anywhere.

Get the f*cking egg out.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: