Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Annis...

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:22 pm

Have you noticed that when an outside link is clicked, it takes you away from this site?
Can I suggest that it be arranged (if possible) that a new tab is opened when an outside link is clicked?
That way you will keep posters on your site and not have them wander off.

Only a suggestion like. ;)

Re: Annis...

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:23 pm

And a good one. I've noticed this and have even shut my internet connection because I thought it was a new tab (mind you, I'm usually drunk or it's first thing in the morning when I do so :lol: )

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:25 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:And a good one. I've noticed this and have even shut my internet connection because I thought it was a new tab (mind you, I'm usually drunk or it's first thing in the morning when I do so :lol: )

:D :lol: :D :lol:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:31 pm

in the meantime press the ctrl button whilst clicking the link and this site wont disappear but a new window will open.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:33 pm

carlccfc wrote:in the meantime press the ctrl button whilst clicking the link and this site wont disappear but a new window will open.

Tidy mun. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:34 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:Have you noticed that when an outside link is clicked, it takes you away from this site?
Can I suggest that it be arranged (if possible) that a new tab is opened when an outside link is clicked?

Cheers, hadn't noticed that

I normally open in a new tab anyway, but I shall look into it now

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:35 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
carlccfc wrote:in the meantime press the ctrl button whilst clicking the link and this site wont disappear but a new window will open.

Tidy mun. :clap: :clap: :clap:

no prob

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:39 pm

when you hover of the link, press CTRL + T

And this should open it in a new tab. :thumbup:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:39 pm

or if you have a scroller on your mouse, that sometimes opens links in new tabs

great for forums, so you can open all the threads you want to read into new tabs and work your way through them!
almost forgot, on laptops if you press the right and left click button together it does it too

As for the external links, I've found a solution which I will try out now. Hopefully it should work, and I won't kill the board :lol:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:59 pm

just a test

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:02 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:Have you noticed that when an outside link is clicked, it takes you away from this site?

Cheers Uncle Fester, will pass it on to Owain who runs the site.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:04 pm

Owain wrote:just a test

works a treat butt!! :P

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:05 pm

You Passed! :clap: :thumbup:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Cheers Uncle Fester, will pass it on to Owain who runs the site.

It's a done thing......now if Sam could do the same?...... 8-)

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:11 pm

From now on the links will open in a new tab/window, but old links that were put on before I updated will still be in the same window but that shouldn't be too much of a problem

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:57 pm

Nice one Owain! Works a treat in Firefox using Tabs 8-)

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:58 pm

hailesy wrote:Nice one Owain! Works a treat in Firefox using Tabs 8-)

No probs :thumbup:

Cheers Uncle Fester for the suggestion

Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:30 am

Owain wrote:

From now on the links will open in a new tab/window, but old links that were put on before I updated will still be in the same window but that shouldn't be too much of a problem

Nice one Owain, and nice one Uncle Fester for pointing it out ;)

Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:38 pm

It was one of those things that was so obvious but none of us spotted it! Good work Fester and cheers Owain for sorting it out. Little tweaks of the site like this will help make it even more appealing and evolve into an even better site.