Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " HAS THE CLUB MESSED UP WITH CUP FINAL TICKETS ? "

Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:25 am

The club will actually make money out of this............Person A buys a season ticket through zebra finance, zebra finace give CCFC £400, person A cancels season ticket thus giving it back to CCFC who can then sell it again, lumbering person A with a debt of £400 to zebra, its then up to them what they do.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:12 am

CraigCCFC wrote:The club will actually make money out of this............Person A buys a season ticket through zebra finance, zebra finace give CCFC £400, person A cancels season ticket thus giving it back to CCFC who can then sell it again, lumbering person A with a debt of £400 to zebra, its then up to them what they do.

Correct. There is no cooling off period. They can cancel the direct debit but they cannot cancel the credit agreement. Once the agreement has been signed Zebra pays the money to Cardiff City. The club should not resell the season ticket yet though. They should keep it for the customer to pick up along with payment in full. They cannot then use the argument that they have not received the goods, the goods are there for them to collect.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:34 am

Reading all this has made me sick,

I have done the 5 month plan since its been going, well it was 3 months then 4 months now 5 months.

I really hope the club don't decide to cancel this scheme next year, i will go up the wall, i rely on it as for many other genuine fans do.

i hope the ones who are going to TRY and RIP the club off come unstuck and made to pay the price

Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:00 am

Even if zebra only put it on your credit record that you defaulted on your loan then that could cause people serious problems and cost them more than £400 in the long term.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:42 pm

ban them for 5 years

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:35 pm

If they are Cardiff fans I prefer them getting tickets to Polo's Chelsea fan mate.

Re: HAS THE CLUB MESSED UP WITH CUP FINAL TICKETS ?

Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:00 pm

nobby wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I have heard a couple of stories over the course of yesterday and today that some 'fans' have bought season tickets for next season to guarantee themselves a Carling Cup Final ticket by spreading the cost over the 5 month interest free option and these 'fans' are not making their first payment on the 5 month plan UNTIL AFTER the Final has been played and once the game is over and done with these 'fans' are cancelling their direct debit for the monthly payment plan so therefore will not receive their season ticket but will have had their Wembley ticket at face value without ever being a season ticket holder and not a paying a penny toward the season ticket that entitled them to their Cup Final ticket.

Poor show by the so called 'fans' but a lesson learned for the club.

It was always going to be a disaster waiting to happen, club taking advantage of our cup success just to sell season tickets,and fans looking to take the piss just to get a ticket. The club are to blame simple as that. :(

Nobby, you make it sound like the club have done something wrong by leveraging our success. How can you blame the club for wanting to get as many Season Tickets as possible in for next season? I agree that these particular sales should have been money upfront only for new ST holders but otherwise, the club has done the right thing. Unless we get to the Prem this is the only way we will secure anywhere near the same level of ST's as this season!

Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:33 pm

Nice loop hole will do the same - why should I show respect when club does n ot respect their own away member fans

Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:57 pm

To my mind buying the season ticket guarantees you a ticket for the final.
If you accept that ticket for the final you have then engaged in the contract and will be liable for the full payment of the contract ie the entire payment scheme.
I think the club are on pretty solid ground with this.

Anybody that thinks they can scam the club to come to Wembley with us is a complete and utter tw*t

Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Disgusting. I have the same 5 month option but i will defo not be doing that shit. But the Club know those that are renewing then we are genuine.
But i really hope that we get to the promised land and those fookers would regret there decision. But what worries me is that a lot who bought season tickets are plastic wankers Liverpool Fans. A bit of a mess but Carl the Club should of had a clause that if they are to get the Wembley ticket they only had seven Days to cancel/ or before they buy the ticket. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Chatted to the club about an hour ago, yes a very small % try it, but they cant let that ruin it for the majority. :ayatollah:
The small % are scum in my opinion. :evil:

Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:40 pm

it will leave them with a bad credit rating, which will not only affect them but also anyone at their property, so maybe they are not as clever as they think they are when they bumpimg theur gums about cancelling their season tickets

Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:10 pm

I hope that if anyone does choose to do this, that the club will refuse their application for a season ticket when or if they choose to buy one for next season. Keep their name on a database and then tell them, if ever they try to buy a ticket of any description - Sorry you deceived and misled us to get your hands on an extra Cup Final ticket so we don't need your business thank you.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:38 am

hi guys im new on here but do hold a season ticket and was under the understanding that only exsisting st holders could renew for the extra wembley ticket not people wishing to purchase 1 for the 1st time ... :?: :?: :?:

Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:59 pm

season tickets were always going to be sold anyway. they did not need to do this.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:25 pm

I didn't think that this was the case to be honest with you. I thought that existing season ticket holders would be entitled to one match ticket for Wembley and any existing season ticket holder who renews for next season would be entitled to a second, providing they are in the 10k threshold. That's 28k tickets gone, leaving 3k. They would then go to away members, any remaining from that pile would go to anybody that is on our database.

This would stop any plastics from taking advantage of the clubs generous 5 month interest free payment plan in order to get their hands on a Wembley ticket and cancelling the direct debit in the process.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:15 pm

Just found out a lot of fans only signed the club paper, they haven't signed the Zebra finance papers yet. Hmm

Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just found out a lot of fans only signed the club paper, they haven't signed the Zebra finance papers yet. Hmm

The club should have made it clear that any tickets would be witheld until the finance agreements were returned. Mine is in the post but how many will try and shaft the system? Arseholes.

The club fucked up from the start on the whole renewals thing anyway.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:27 pm

carlccfc wrote:I have heard a couple of stories over the course of yesterday and today that some 'fans' have bought season tickets for next season to guarantee themselves a Carling Cup Final ticket by spreading the cost over the 5 month interest free option and these 'fans' are not making their first payment on the 5 month plan UNTIL AFTER the Final has been played and once the game is over and done with these 'fans' are cancelling their direct debit for the monthly payment plan so therefore will not receive their season ticket but will have had their Wembley ticket at face value without ever being a season ticket holder and not a paying a penny toward the season ticket that entitled them to their Cup Final ticket.

Poor show by the so called 'fans' but a lesson learned for the club.

We had all this the last time we played at Wembley..........and the club are allowing it to happen again. :cry:

Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just found out a lot of fans only signed the club paper, they haven't signed the Zebra finance papers yet. Hmm

Annis, me & the Mrs signed the forms on the 1st of Feb, the first day they went on sale. Today i discovered on my transaction history they were not "processed" until the 10th Feb,,,missing the extra ticket deadline. A steward outside the ticket office was handing out the forms, plus a clip board & asking people to fill them out, & then collecting them from us, in order to free up the queue. Not happy. This person [steward] said the we were guaranteed a ticket???
Last edited by RICK+CCFC on Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:31 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:

Annis, me & the Mrs signed the forms on the 1st of Feb, the first day they went on sale. Today i discovered on my transaction history they were not "processed" until the 10th Feb,,,missing the extra ticket deadline. A steward outside the ticket office was handing out the forms, plus a clip board & asking people to fill them out, & then collecting them from us, in order to free up the queue. Not happy!

Rick, the club is a complete shambles behind the scenes and I would personally go and see senior management.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:33 pm

I would certainly like an explanation, who's the best person to speak to?

Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:34 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:

Annis, me & the Mrs signed the forms on the 1st of Feb, the first day they went on sale. Today i discovered on my transaction history they were not "processed" until the 10th Feb,,,missing the extra ticket deadline. A steward outside the ticket office was handing out the forms, plus a clip board & asking people to fill them out, & then collecting them from us, in order to free up the queue. Not happy. This person [steward] said the we were guaranteed a ticket???

Double check your account history mate, like I said elsewhere there is two transactions against mine on the 7th and again on the 10th.

It was always going to be a shambles, but they managed to outdo themselves again by all accounts.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:36 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I would certainly like an explanation, who's the best person to speak to?

Wayne Nash is the Senior Manager/Stadium Manager.
or you have Alan Whitley/Julian Jenkins.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:39 pm

PtB wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

Double check your account history mate, like I said elsewhere there is two transactions against mine on the 7th and again on the 10th.

It was always going to be a shambles, but they managed to outdo themselves again by all accounts.

I have, & i can only get one Wembley ticket due to the fact that i am a current season ticket holder. My new application for next season didn't get processed in time, from what i can gather.