Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " HAS THE CLUB MESSED UP WITH CUP FINAL TICKETS ? "

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:31 pm

SBF1 wrote:I think you'll find, anyone who has signed up to Zebra Finance (and no signature, no Season Ticket) is full legal and binding.

Anyone who thinks they can then cancel their standing order will be given a £25.00 penalty and still have to pay the full amount. City may have been mugs over the years but Zebra finance are in their comfort zone in area's such as this.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thats how I see it too.

Could be a nasty shock for anyone who has been a smartass.

Bring back the Riddler, he'll sort it out :roll:

SBF1 wrote:I think you'll find, anyone who has signed up to Zebra Finance (and no signature, no Season Ticket) is full legal and binding.

Anyone who thinks they can then cancel their standing order will be given a £25.00 penalty and still have to pay the full amount. City may have been mugs over the years but Zebra finance are in their comfort zone in area's such as this.

Uncle Fester, they just ignore it and move on, they havent paid anything so theyve got nothing to lose. :evil:

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Uncle Fester, they just ignore it and move on, they havent paid anything so theyve got nothing to lose. :evil:

Thing is Annis, the direct debit is only the method of paying, Zebra Finance will be able to pursue them for the money as they will have signed a legally binding credit agreement with them. If they cancel the DD then they will STILL have to pay.

Seen quite a few of these type of agreements through work.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:36 pm

It's a civil matter the same as any contract ie mobile phone or sky etc. the finance companies and club won't pursue for breach of contract whatsoever as the cost far outweighs the £400 or so

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ijs1985 wrote:shocking that people are happy to rip the club off like this
carl/annis has this been fed back to the club?

Ijs, to me, they can't call themselves fans for doing this and I know a couple of people who did it last time, I have never spoken to them since. I honestly cant believe the club did it again and this time they asked for no deposit, at least they got that of them last time.

awful stuff, they should be named and shamed to the club or something

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:43 pm

carlccfc wrote:I have heard a couple of stories over the course of yesterday and today that some 'fans' have bought season tickets for next season to guarantee themselves a Carling Cup Final ticket by spreading the cost over the 5 month interest free option and these 'fans' are not making their first payment on the 5 month plan UNTIL AFTER the Final has been played and once the game is over and done with these 'fans' are cancelling their direct debit for the monthly payment plan so therefore will not receive their season ticket but will have had their Wembley ticket at face value without ever being a season ticket holder and not a paying a penny toward the season ticket that entitled them to their Cup Final ticket.

Poor show by the so called 'fans' but a lesson learned for the club.

Unfortunately this will always happen. Even if they had to pay a deposit, unless it was a substancial amount the prospect of geting a ticket to the final wouldn't put many off from doing this.
However the benefits of this scheme will far outway the negatives, if the genuine fans after next season keep on renewing their ST. How many fans took out new season tickets to obtain tickets for the FA Cup final and are still ST holders now.
Well I am happy to confirm I took up that offer back then and once again renewed mine and my 9 year old boys ST for next year last Thursday.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:45 pm

This type of thing really riles me, I'm a ST holder and part of the 5 yr Platinum deal and will renew whatever for next season. I have had mine & my son's reminders from club in the porch unopened since the end of last week, but decided not to rush to qualify for a second ticket as after reading on here there were obvious "real" fans who would struggle for final tickets.
I would have no trouble in passing on 2 tickets to friends/family, I had a family member text me minutes after the end of the Liverpool v Man City game asking for tickets, I told them to do one.
This type of scam pisses me right off from so called fellow Bluebirds :x

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:46 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thing is Annis, the direct debit is only the method of paying, Zebra Finance will be able to pursue them for the money as they will have signed a legally binding credit agreement with them. If they cancel the DD then they will STILL have to pay.

Seen quite a few of these type of agreements through work.

Many never last time and got away with it Tim.
You cant get blood out of a stone.
I honestly think a deposit should of been taken at least.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:51 pm

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:It's a civil matter the same as any contract ie mobile phone or sky etc. the finance companies and club won't pursue for breach of contract whatsoever as the cost far outweighs the £400 or so

In most instances yes it is a Civil Matter. I wouldnt agree though that companies dont pursue it. In the last month I have issued County Court Proceedings for as low as £160 and as high as £56,000.

If it can be proven that an individual obtained goods (including cup final ticket) with no intention of paying then this could be construed as a Criminal Act - and therefore more serious.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:52 pm

I think if anyone does this and then fails to pay for his /her season ticket then that facility should then be taken away and any future purchase should be done "cash Only"
I did think first of all that to renew your season ticket to get the extra final ticket should have been done on cash up front only but i would not like to hear of true city fans missing out if they could not afford up front payment
I think its a disgrace if so called supporters are doing this and it makes me wonder if they are getting the extra ticket to sell off at a profit
Its strange how we get all these extra supporters when we get to a final
i bet they were not with me and Annis in the 70s and eighties watching city lose every match and spiral down the league when Alan Durban was manager

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:56 pm

Is that definitely the case Carl, can you cancel it? The agreement is between you and the loan company who in turn give the money to the club. Once its given to the club, your debt is with Zebra not with the club.

Can you cancel a season ticket once bought and expect a full refund?

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:02 pm

Paul the demographic that will take advantage of this will not be pursued in court. As for the criminal case there is no chance they will pursue that. Even on the lower burden of proof on the balance on probabilities you couldn't prove fraud let alone reasonable doubt.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:03 pm

ijs1985 wrote:shocking that people are happy to rip the club off like this
carl/annis has this been fed back to the club?

It has been and I will be ringing them again tomorrow.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:04 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:Is that definitely the case Carl, can you cancel it? The agreement is between you and the loan company who in turn give the money to the club. Once its given to the club, your debt is with Zebra not with the club.

The person will cancel the direct debit Steve and therefore will never receive the goods (season ticket) so it will happen unfortunately.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:06 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:Is that definitely the case Carl, can you cancel it? The agreement is between you and the loan company who in turn give the money to the club. Once its given to the club, your debt is with Zebra not with the club.

The person will cancel the direct debit Steve and therefore will never receive the goods (season ticket) so it will happen unfortunately.

Correct, they haven't ripped of Zebra finance as they never had the goods. They've ripped of our club. :evil:

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:08 pm

The person will never receive the goods but they are still liable for the debt. The credit agreements I believe were signed on Cardiff City premises meaning there is no such thing as a cooling off period.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:13 pm

Shock to read all that!!
True fans will miss out, yes being selfish for a moment.....me!!!!

34yrs a Cardiff fan
And I'm not asking for violins but absolutely gutted that I may miss out!

Sorry state of affairs really

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:29 pm

Makes me sick. :evil:

Are these people new season ticket holders or renewals? I don't think that they will be renewals

If i was at the club i would process all new season tickets through Zebra this week. Then take the first payment on Monday morning or early next week, and until that payment it received I would freeze their wembley ticket. It least then the club have £75 compo. Its hard on the genuine new season ticket holders, but the club needs to cover their back.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:32 pm

No new season ticket holders should have been allowed a cup final ticket on the finance deal.

Personally I don't think any new buyers should have had the option but that's another story.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Correct, they haven't ripped of Zebra finance as they never had the goods. They've ripped of our club. :evil:

They have ripped off Zebra finance though, because when you sign up, Zebra finance in turn give CCFC the full amount for the ticket (say £400). Therefore, Zebra are down £400. The only way Zebra could retrieve their money is if the club refund it to Zebra. If this was the case then it would have to be the club cancelling the season tkt and giving full refunds as opposed to Zebra cancelling it?

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:44 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

They have ripped off Zebra finance though, because when you sign up, Zebra finance in turn give CCFC the full amount for the ticket (say £400). Therefore, Zebra are down £400. The only way Zebra could retrieve their money is if the club refund it to Zebra. If this was the case then it would have to be the club cancelling the season tkt and giving full refunds as opposed to Zebra cancelling it?

Hopefully then they will chase it up, but they never last time, so some people say. :evil:

Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:10 am

The Premier 1 wrote:suerly there is an issue with it being a credit agreement, irrelivent if the first payment has been made,
you have a cooling off period but im sure thats like 7-11 days

I wondered this, my first payment failed becuse when I wrote my sort code the 7 looked like a 2. They sent me a letter saying I peers something like £50 interest. After a call it was all sorted but if they cancel surely zebra have powers?

Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:23 am

2 things about this
1.i cant believe the club is this nieve,and have allowed it to happen
2.i cant believe people do it
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:58 am

Carl, surely its not all doom and gloom. The carling cup tickets havent been released yet, surely they could place a condition upon them....e.g. if you purchase a season ticket and a carling cup ticket and cancel your season ticket for next year, then your subject to a penalty charge.

I renewed my season ticket last Thursday through finance, it'll be a shame if people take advantage of this just to get a cup final ticket only to cancel their season ticket. Because the next time the club will punish those who buy a season ticket through finance...e.g. by not offering them a cup final ticket. I wish I did have a full time job to pay the full amount, but the finance option is there to help the real fans. :ayatollah:

I Would say f**k the data protection act and name and shame them all with their addresses.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:02 am

those who are on database and renew like this every year should be oka. I think club should have offered this earlier to get first payments from all before ticket sale or cooling off period. only scum would cheat our club and supporters like that. some of us buying that way are genuine and have done so for 3 years.y in my opinion. hell its only way I can afford it. any new people must be suspect. but some will be genuine. just hope club has a plan for those that abuse system. my payment is due out on 15th. it says within 30 days.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:18 am

My name is Dazzy T and I am a database supporter, not by choice but that's what I am.Current season ticket holders should always have priority followed by away members then database fans,once these were all done the offer for an extra ticket should have been given to ST holders followed by away members then newbies,the club fucked up end of. :ayatollah:

Whatever anyone says I Have watched City since a boy and even while living in Spain for 6 years for work reasons I made sure I flew home as often as poss to take in a game.
I am still in the same boat and I get there when work allows,

I have booked my hotel for the final as I am able to get to most Sunday games but have no ticket,I am not prepared to buy a season ticket when I can only get to watch x amount of games and if we all did this the ground would be half empty half of the time,if these bastards get tickets and default on their season ticket then more fool the club I love, :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:28 am

There's good City fans on here who attend when able or when they can afford to, fans who for one reason or another are not S/T holders; work commitments, struggling with finances plus many other reasons why it's impractical for them to be a S/T holder.
I'm in that position, a bus driver who has to work 5 Saturday's out of 6, Sunday games are not a real problem as I get 4 out of 6 off, but by juggling my shifts around and swapping with workmates and using some holiday days I can see between 50% and 60% of games, where it's plain sailing for you Mon to Fri 9-5 chappies it takes a lot of effort for me to get to see my beloved Bluebirds, but where am I on the priority list for a Wembley ticket?..right at the very end.
I know as well as everybody else does that there will be people attending the final who haven't shown their face down the City all season if ever and this problem that Carl has highlighted just goes to show how little thought has been put into this ticket allocation, good supporters are gonna miss out and undeserving cases will be there in their hundreds.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:33 am

CF64 BLUE wrote:There's good City fans on here who attend when able or when they can afford to, fans who for one reason or another are not S/T holders; work commitments, struggling with finances plus many other reasons why it's impractical for them to be a S/T holder.
I'm in that position, a bus driver who has to work 5 Saturday's out of 6, Sunday games are not a real problem as I get 4 out of 6 off, but by juggling my shifts around and swapping with workmates and using some holiday days I can see between 50% and 60% of games, where it's plain sailing for you Mon to Fri 9-5 chappies it takes a lot of effort for me to get to see my beloved Bluebirds, but where am I on the priority list for a Wembley ticket?..right at the very end.
I know as well as everybody else does that there will be people attending the final who haven't shown their face down the City all season if ever and this problem that Carl has highlighted just goes to show how little thought has been put into this ticket allocation, good supporters are gonna miss out and undeserving cases will be there in their hundreds.
SPOT ON :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:52 am

dazzyt wrote:
CF64 BLUE wrote:There's good City fans on here who attend when able or when they can afford to, fans who for one reason or another are not S/T holders; work commitments, struggling with finances plus many other reasons why it's impractical for them to be a S/T holder.
SPOT ON :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: