Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" HAS THE CLUB MESSED UP WITH CUP FINAL TICKETS ? "

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:48 pm

I have heard a couple of stories over the course of yesterday and today that some 'fans' have bought season tickets for next season to guarantee themselves a Carling Cup Final ticket by spreading the cost over the 5 month interest free option and these 'fans' are not making their first payment on the 5 month plan UNTIL AFTER the Final has been played and once the game is over and done with these 'fans' are cancelling their direct debit for the monthly payment plan so therefore will not receive their season ticket but will have had their Wembley ticket at face value without ever being a season ticket holder and not a paying a penny toward the season ticket that entitled them to their Cup Final ticket.

Poor show by the so called 'fans' but a lesson learned for the club.

Re: HAS THE CLUB MESSED UP WITH CUP FINAL TICKETS ?

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:51 pm

I heard a few people on saturday mate sayin that was their plan :shock:

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:52 pm

carlccfc wrote:I have heard a couple of stories over the course of yesterday and today that some 'fans' have bought season tickets for next season to guarantee themselves a Carling Cup Final ticket by spreading the cost over the 5 month interest free option and these 'fans' are not making their first payment on the 5 month plan UNTIL AFTER the Final has been played and once the game is over and done with these 'fans' are cancelling their direct debit for the monthly payment plan so therefore will not receive their season ticket but will have had their Wembley ticket at face value without ever being a season ticket holder and not a paying a penny toward the season ticket that entitled them to their Cup Final ticket.

i hope not mate.... :evil:

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:53 pm

carlccfc wrote:I have heard a couple of stories over the course of yesterday and today that some 'fans' have bought season tickets for next season to guarantee themselves a Carling Cup Final ticket by spreading the cost over the 5 month interest free option and these 'fans' are not making their first payment on the 5 month plan UNTIL AFTER the Final has been played and once the game is over and done with these 'fans' are cancelling their direct debit for the monthly payment plan so therefore will not receive their season ticket but will have had their Wembley ticket at face value without ever being a season ticket holder and not a paying a penny toward the season ticket that entitled them to their Cup Final ticket.

It was always going to be a disaster waiting to happen, club taking advantage of our cup success just to sell season tickets,and fans looking to take the piss just to get a ticket. The club are to blame simple as that. :(

Re: " HAS THE CLUB MESSED UP WITH CUP FINAL TICKETS ? "

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Carl, quite a few people did it to the club before, the club should of tightened the loophole up and learnt from it.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Thought they had to pay a deposit.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:58 pm

birchblue wrote:Thought they had to pay a deposit.

you used to .... but now it forms part of the first payment which is done when the paperwork is returned and signed etc. generally around 1 month from making it approx the 2nd week of march before that first payment is due.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:00 pm

I've used the payment plan, and I'm in the 1st 10,000 and I intend to pay mine whenever the due date, as I've done the last few years... These so called fans are abusing the club and it could affect all the other fans using the payment plan in future seasons because the club could scrap using it.... I hope not because it helps a lot of fans :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:01 pm

a football team is for life, not just for wembley!... just saying!

glory hunting supporters make me sick! :twisted: :lol:

birchblue wrote:Thought they had to pay a deposit.

No Jason. :roll:

suerly there is an issue with it being a credit agreement, irrelivent if the first payment has been made,
you have a cooling off period but im sure thats like 7-11 days

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:02 pm

Valleybluebird wrote:I've used the payment plan, and I'm in the 1st 10,000 and I intend to pay mine whenever the due date, as I've done the last few years... These so called fans are abusing the club and it could affect all the other fans using the payment plan in future seasons because the club could scrap using it.... I hope not because it helps a lot of fans :ayatollah:

i use the 5 month plan as well mate, without it, i would struggle to outlay the season ticket price in 1 hit..

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:03 pm

I buy a season ticket every year for two reasons.

1. To ensure I don't miss any City games, as there aren't many things in life I enjoy more than watching Cardiff.

2. To show my support financially for the club I have followed all my life.

It makes me really angry to hear that so called "fans" would do this to OUR CLUB.

I guess we've got to look on the bright side, I wouldn't want people like that in the CCS on match days anyway, as they clearly don't care about our club!

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:05 pm

Credit to the club for tryin 2 maximise new and renew season ticets, however it looks like someone hasnt thought it through properly

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:06 pm

I think they have. This second Cup Final ticket for ST renewals, and new STs leaves a bit of a sour taste. When I renewed yesterday, I was told that I would be entitled to a second cup final ticket. But I was going to renew anyway! At the start of the season, away travel club members and stadium card holders were promised second priority on tickets for big games. But they are at the bottom of the queue. What Carl has described makes things even worse! Surely it is possible to record ticket sales, so that sombody who has seen, say, 8 home and 3 away games gets priority over some clever dick who knows how to play the system. It's not as if the club will see any of this money anyhow. In the letter we had in the post, it states that CCFC will underwrite all credit issues by Zebra (or whatever they are called) finance. I have a feeling that a good few of these second tickets will end up with 'mates' who hardly ever get to a league game.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:09 pm

The "mistake" was, if I read the original message's correctly, that the club would guarantee supporters finance with, Zebra Finance?, Our friends from the east conduct business largely based on trust, honour and pride something that I fear will come back to bite us in the arse.

There will be lot of Liverpool "fans" in our end of the ground, call them "plastics" or just plain f*cking idiots as a lot of "our" tickets will find there way onto "the market" hence the "security services" being more concerned about "Liverpool Fans" than Cardiff. With the poxy olympic games later in the year this may not be pretty.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:10 pm

Shocked the club didn't ask for a deposit to be honest when I got mine for next year , first thing I said was what's stopping liverpool fans buying these ,then cancelling after final . City fucked up big time carl . I now have got tickets via a contact at Everton Fc , must admit my only reason for getting a season ticket was to guarantee final tickets for me and my lad, living in Worcester and work commitments I can't get to Saturday matches , season ticket just wouldn't be worth my while at the moment .

when renewing mine sat ,he said im eligible for a 2nd wembley ticket sunday and the paperwork will be with me within2-3 weeks,i thought it was a joke!silly mistake by the club in all honesty i think :ayatollah:

I paid for mine in full on Friday despite wanting to do the spread payment option as I assumed you wouldn't qualify for the first 10,000 unless you paid in full. Silly me

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:

The "mistake" was, if I read the original message's correctly, that the club would guarantee supporters finance with, Zebra Finance?, Our friends from the east conduct business largely based on trust, honour and pride something that I fear will come back to bite us in the arse.

There will be lot of Liverpool "fans" in our end of the ground, call them "plastics" or just plain f*cking idiots as a lot of "our" tickets will find there way onto "the market" hence the "security services" being more concerned about "Liverpool Fans" than Cardiff. With the poxy olympic games later in the year this may not be pretty.

Willy only existing renewals are guaranteed underwritten. New stickers go through the credit check mate

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:14 pm

shocking that people are happy to rip the club off like this
carl/annis has this been fed back to the club?

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:15 pm

f*cking armchairs , they are a disgrace for football , the club should ban the people who are just using it for the wembley ticket :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:17 pm

I think you'll find, anyone who has signed up to Zebra Finance (and no signature, no Season Ticket) is full legal and binding.

Anyone who thinks they can then cancel their standing order will be given a £25.00 penalty and still have to pay the full amount. City may have been mugs over the years but Zebra finance are in their comfort zone in area's such as this.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:18 pm

the club has definitely messed up over the cup final tickets especially promising the new season ticket holders a ticket for wembley as that was always open for abuse so they should have left it with this seasons s/t holders to apply for them and hopefully more will be made available for the away travel members/stadium card holders as they possibly cant afford season tickets or work most weekends,also i think that season ticket holders should only get 1 ticket whether they are in the first 10,000 renewals or not,as that will stop other database fans from attending,especially some of the so called fans or premier seat money people trying to cash in on other cardiff fans wanting to see their team at wembley.i think anybody here selling tickets above face value should be reported to the club

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:19 pm

ijs1985 wrote:shocking that people are happy to rip the club off like this
carl/annis has this been fed back to the club?

Ijs, to me, they can't call themselves fans for doing this and I know a couple of people who did it last time, I have never spoken to them since. I honestly cant believe the club did it again and this time they asked for no deposit, at least they got that of them last time.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:23 pm

Another problem which has already happened this year , there will be quite a few empty seats next season,I will still buy my season tickets on finance , how ever can not make it to Saturday matches , only midweek , without being able to sell these on can see more loss revenue on match days .

This has really annoyed me hearing about this. I hope I don't hear of anyone I know doing this. It doesn't affect me as me and my family don't need anymore than our four and won't be renewing until next month, but just the thought of anyone doing this disgusta me. Lee.

Seriously lads let's be optimistic. When City go up it won't matter as the season tickets will fly off the shelves :)

I think there are some serious "Breach of Contract" issues there and if a person has purchased a Season Ticket, on any form of finance, and willfullly intends not to pay then it is possible that some could consider that to be a form of fraud/deception.

Put it this way A potential criminal record and no job is not worth any Cup Final in my opinion?

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:28 pm

also, by purchasing a ticket for the final guaranteed by signing up for a season ticket, the contract between the club and customer has commenced.......hasn't it?