Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

holloway

Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Wot an arrogant sais tw*t and knob he is, odious in the extreme, again he wasted no time in his post match interview to belittle small Cardiff, indicating the interest in Philips was a non starter cos he would only go to a big club. Wot? No prem teams came for him and he is saying we are too small, then wot does that make Blackpool with their 13000 average gates then! Deluded Holloway :x

Re: holloway

Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:12 pm

norfolkin welsh wrote:Wot an arrogant sais tw*t and knob he is, odious in the extreme, again he wasted no time in his post match interview to belittle small Cardiff, indicating the interest in Philips was a non starter cos he would only go to a big club. Wot? No prem teams came for him and he is saying we are too small, then wot does that make Blackpool with their 13000 average gates then! Deluded Holloway :x

in his eyes we aint a big club,lets be honest in most peoples eyes we aint a big club,we ve got the ability with our catchment area to be up there with the best but blackpool beat us yesterday and at wembley they ve recently been in the premiership in which we havent so why would holloway think cardiff are a big club????????????

Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:15 pm

This is probably one of the reasons.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70752

Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:33 pm

like it or not he is right.

like he said 450k are you having a laugh? by saying top 5 might be exagerated but its about him making his player feel ten feet tall.

the only ones who are deluded are City fans who think we are bigger than
what we are.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:38 pm

norfolkin welsh wrote:Wot an arrogant sais tw*t and knob he is, odious in the extreme, again he wasted no time in his post match interview to belittle small Cardiff, indicating the interest in Philips was a non starter cos he would only go to a big club. Wot? No prem teams came for him and he is saying we are too small, then wot does that make Blackpool with their 13000 average gates then! Deluded Holloway :x

I like him. good character.
I thought what he said was right, were not a big club. We could be, but were not at the moment.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:04 pm

He did accept we were top side in Wales mind ;)

Big club small club really depends on the criteria you apply for example if you were to use operating budgets well Blackpool have a £12M start on us because of PL parachute payments so we are doing really well to be ahead of them nearly 3/4 of the way into the season.

I agree he is a character but he needs to get promoted this season as the parachute payments reduce again next season if they don't. Maybe then Matt Phillips will move on probably to any PL team that offers him a contract.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Never liked him before he got to them prem, he simply isnt funny. When he got to the prem he added arrogance to his many annoying traits and now cant stand him.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:26 pm

I think we put a rusty bucket in his well again !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:37 pm

Good man management bigging up one his players. Blackpool still ahead of us really we can't call ourselves a big club yet

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:43 pm

Hez a chuckler, funny man :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:46 pm

He's a cock.

Thanks.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:56 pm

PtB wrote:He's a cock.

Thanks.

:lol:

Don't beat around the bush Paul.....

Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Thanks.

:lol:

Don't beat around the bush Paul.....

Say it as it is!

He was funny for a while now he's just an over opinonated arse who loves the sound of his own voice. He bores me now.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:32 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcAOMzOa ... ata_player

So arrogant

Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:43 pm

The Ian hollowhead show is very tired now. He was mildly amusing for about 5 minutes a few years ago on soccer am. Now he's just tedious.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:27 pm

Some people think he's a character , I just think he's a tw*t :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:41 pm

Give him credit yesterday when he went 1-0 down he threw 2 strikers on and played 4 up front but at the end of the daty whether he likes it or not we are and always will be a bigger Club than Blackpool purely because our catchment area with no other PL Clubs of any significance ;) around us means we will always draw much bigger crowds :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:56 pm

blueheaven wrote:Give him credit yesterday when he went 1-0 down he threw 2 strikers on and played 4 up front but at the end of the daty whether he likes it or not we are and always will be a bigger Club than Blackpool purely because our catchment area with no other PL Clubs of any significance ;) around us means we will always draw much bigger crowds :ayatollah:

Dont start the Jerks off again Chief :o :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:00 pm

The bid obviously pissed him off as he wouldn't get much bonus from selling him on

Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:38 pm

First of all we are not a big club and never will be for eg/sell out vs palace yet thousands missing for blackpool game because of arm chair plastic fans.If does not tell you anything then what will.Then we bid a supposed 800k for matt phillips whos worth alot more than that in anyones eyes but for some reason we didnt go back for him after getting a supposed 800k bid turned down but we bid 3million for sordell 4hrs before transfer deadline :? holloway is rite in everyway call him what you want its how it is and what went on with us trying to get him,It would be no diffrent if MM was saying it about a player of ours if the roles was reversed with one of are players if we had a pittyfull bid off another club and that player was heading for the prem at some point sooner or later. :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:33 am

Thanks.

:roll:

Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:16 am

I think 800k was a fair price for an irregular starter who had been shipped out on loan already this season

Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:20 am

CraigCCFC wrote:I think 800k was a fair price for an irregular starter who had been shipped out on loan already this season

Yes your rite craig hes worth less :roll: well if you was at the game sat then we got what we deserved off them and phillips thats the bottom line. :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:39 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:I think 800k was a fair price for an irregular starter who had been shipped out on loan already this season

Yes your rite craig hes worth less :roll: well if you was at the game sat then we got what we deserved off them and phillips thats the bottom line. :ayatollah:

We did get what we deserved i agree, but on phillips obviously malky offered £800k which is a fair starting offer and like we did with whitts, said hes not for sale at any price, so malky didnt go back in for him....holloway does live in cuckoo land though....top 5 prem team my ass!

Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:41 am

I'm sure he'd keep Ashley Young, Craig Bellamy etc out of starting line ups...... :roll:

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:40 am

He's got his own unique style of management that's for sure, & i think he's got better at it with age. Like Marmite, you either love him or hate him.
I believe hes also a very good friend of Dave Jones.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:07 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

We did get what we deserved i agree, but on phillips obviously malky offered £800k which is a fair starting offer and like we did with whitts, said hes not for sale at any price, so malky didnt go back in for him....holloway does live in cuckoo land though....top 5 prem team my ass!

I think you have to take that with a pinch of salt, it was obviously said to make his player feel a million dollars, and love or hate him as fans, all of his players, and ex players, have all complimented his man management style.

Im sure in his own eyes Blackpool are at least on the same level as Cardiff, probably higher, so why would he sell one his of star players to us. Theyve been in the prem recently, and are only a few points behind us, so from his point of view it was a bit ambitious us thinking we could pinch their star player for £800,000.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:19 pm

polo wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

I think you have to take that with a pinch of salt, it was obviously said to make his player feel a million dollars, and love or hate him as fans, all of his players, and ex players, have all complimented his man management style.

Im sure in his own eyes Blackpool are at least on the same level as Cardiff, probably higher, so why would he sell one his of star players to us. Theyve been in the prem recently, and are only a few points behind us, so from his point of view it was a bit ambitious us thinking we could pinch their star player for £800,000.

shut up, no-one listens to a thief :D

Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:26 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
polo wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

You wouldnt say that to Kenny Noye :D

Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:38 pm

polo wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:
polo wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

You wouldnt say that to Kenny Noye :D

he's in jail so i could say what i like, providing the bars are in the way of course.