Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Honest Opinions Please

Postby BlueCheg » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:16 pm

Thanks Murphy mate 8-)
BlueCheg

Postby hailesy » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:22 pm

Once a bluebird always a bluebird - whether you've supported them for 20 years or 2 weeks!

We need the fan base and I'm glad more bluebirds are joining the ranks and rightly so with the best team in the UK 8-)
hailesy

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:24 pm

I've been supporting the club for 40 years. My best mate of 20 years started supporting us last season. He knows very little about the club, only text me the other day asking what the name of our old stadium was. He has been to a handful of games with me and has not witness us win yet. Ummmm, well it makes me wonder.

So you can see we are on opposite ends of the scale but whe it comes to who is the best supporter we are equal.
Bakedalasker

Postby gabbsthenewt » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:51 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I've been supporting the club for 40 years. My best mate of 20 years started supporting us last season. He knows very little about the club, only text me the other day asking what the name of our old stadium was. He has been to a handful of games with me and has not witness us win yet. Ummmm, well it makes me wonder.

So you can see we are on opposite ends of the scale but whe it comes to who is the best supporter we are equal.

I worked with a guy, lovely lad from Ely way, and had never been to Ninian Park or was not even vaguely interested in Cardiff City. When I first started working with him in 2007, I always used to hear him chat with another lad working there about 'us' and 'our' Liverpool. After the FA Cup Final and the other lad leaving the company he used to start coming to me and talking about Cardiff City, not knowing much about them, but I'd always have the echo on my desk and he'd used to ask me what was happening with them. Just before I left in earlier this year, he told me he had bought a season ticket, and started refering to City as 'us'.

Now on one hand it is great to see City develop and attract new fanatics. At the end of the day, it's great to see a mate enjoy the City, no matter who he supported at one time...but of course I'm sure Cheggars will understand how it can be a bit hard for some people who have endured years of feeling belittled for being a city fan, spending good money to watch shit teams, with players bought for £10,000 etc. I used to turn up at school in a city shirt made by some shitty sports brand, with a shit logo like Gilesports on it, and there would be kids laughing at CCFC, wearing Real Madrid shirts, Man U, Liverpool etc. It wouldn't even be kids it would be teachers laughing! I particularly remember a teacher from Barry who was an avid Man U fan laugh at the quality of my City shirt.

At the end of the day, everyone is allowed to support whoever they like. You don't even have to care about any other person beside you in the stadium, however if you do want to get to know other fans, then it kind of comes with the territory that you have to prove your worth, or loyalty or fanataism to others. Now in that respect I think it's clear to see Chegs has done that fine but I think it's quite understandable how some people can act how they do. It may be a fault for people to be cynical to new fans, but it is understandable, and while it seems like we have no glory at the moment for anyone to be a glory hunter, maybe people need to understand, this is relative big bucks champagne football compared to what we've left behind!
gabbsthenewt

Postby Troubled Egg » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:11 am

BlueCheg wrote:
Troubled Egg wrote:Mate I think people have a pop at you on CCMB because you constantly stick up for Annis, he's a big bloke and can stick up for himself.

Anyway to get back to the original question. Personally I don't think it makes any difference about how long people have supported City, if you are a fan you are a fan. Some people need to realise this, it's almost as if they won't be happy unless we are back in Div 4 with 3k crowds.

You right I do stick up for Annis, but he is a good mate of mine, and I just feel as tho he was having uncalled for stick. If people just had a Diffrent opinio to him then fine, but half the time they got personal.
But chees anyway.

Mate we both have plenty of mates, but lets be honest Annis is ugly ugly enough and old enough to stick up for himself. I've got loads of mates who get abused but it's their deal, let them stick up for themselves, if I started sticking up for my mate like you do on CCMB I'd get cained. Rightly so. I expect Annis gets a bit embarrassed about your affections even though they are well meant, If it gets personal as you say, that's bang out of order, but Mike or TVB usually sort that out straight away to b fair.
Troubled Egg

Postby Nuclearblue » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:21 am

You are a fully fledged Bluebird Chief. It was your loss that you didnt support us earlier and you wouldnt of missed some legendry games, Man City and Leeds in the cup for example. ;)
Nuclearblue

Postby Pete » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:44 am

BlueCheg wrote:Do you think less of a fan that has only been going for 3 years than tp some one who has been going say 20 years?
The reason I ask that is because People often remind me that I have only been going 3 years and so on. Which they Right I have only been going for a short while. But I allways have supported the Cty. Did a few midweek games etc but I allways played Rugby. on a Sat. But now I go to ALL home games plus I did 20plus away games last season including Norwich on a Tues Night and Burnley on a Tues Night. So I cant see that since I have been going I can do anymore.
Please give me you're opinions. Thanks see you ' West Brom.

Cheg, I live about 150 miles away, and until Chasetown met Cardiff City in the FA Cup, I`d never even seen them play. I met a few supporters before the game, had a beer with em , and decided to go on the CCMB after what was a great day, through that, I got invited down to NP to watch a match , V Leicester, had a brilliant day (apart from the score) ! As a result of that, I`ve been down to about 6 games, and more important, met some great Mates. My Mrs. cousin lives in St. Mellons, and they`ve never been closer ! I drop her off , then off to SUPPORT, not just watch , Cardiff City , I don`t claim to know everything about their history, but love every minute of being there, I pay for my ticket, and class myself as a supporter ! Don`t know what others may think of that either....but that`s up to them Mate ! :D
Pete

Postby BlueCheg » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:06 am

Think I have seen you down here. Did you once wear a Chasetown Jacket? But fair play to you what a supporter.
BlueCheg

Postby Laz » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:24 am

a supporter is a supporter, someone who supports the team chegs

i saw you on a fair few away trips last year and fair play i can and will call you just that
Laz

Postby Zabier » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:45 pm

I hate this 'I've supported the club 35 years' etc rubbish that most people start with when they are in the media spotlight referring to their club. Be it 1 year, 10 years or 100 years, a fan is a fan. I have less respect for those who talk out of their arse but I'll still regard them as a fan because when it comes down to it, we're all there to support the boys and make some noise.

I've always been a Cardiff fan but did follow Sheffield Wednesday as well when I was a youngster due to wanting to have a Premiership team as well. I still keep an eye on the Sheffield Wednesday games because they were part of my youth but my hometown team will always be the team closest to my heart. I only got a Cardiff season ticket about 10 years ago because I used to swim regularly to a high standard so I couldn't make the games. When I quit swimming I then decided to get a Cardiff season ticket. Haven't looked back.
Zabier

Postby kavanagh » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:22 pm

Used to be a Rugger boy eh Chegs,wot position were you?I assume thats how your friendly with Lynchy.....
kavanagh

Postby grange_end_star » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:59 pm

Plastic as a carrier bag son!

and everyone knows it! lol
grange_end_star

Postby Ben » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:02 pm

LOL
My Opinion!
Ben

Previous