Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CCS lack of atmosphere - has the myth been nailed? "

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:43 pm

Personally, i felt that the atmosphere last night was every bit as good as anything (perhaps bar the Leeds game) that i ever experienced at Ninian.

Its the fans that generate an atmosphere and not the stadium.

Re: CCS lack of atmosphere - has the myth been nailed?

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:48 pm

I've said for a while that the stadium's prooved on many occasions that it can house an amazing atmosphere, but will the fans who dont usually sing but sung last nite sing at blackpool home aswell? That's wot it boils down too....

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:I've said for a while that the stadium's prooved on many occasions that it can house an amazing atmosphere, but will the fans who dont usually sing but sung last nite sing at blackpool home aswell? That's wot it boils down too....

let us stand! there was no problems last night!

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:52 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:I've said for a while that the stadium's prooved on many occasions that it can house an amazing atmosphere, but will the fans who dont usually sing but sung last nite sing at blackpool home aswell? That's wot it boils down too....

Agree with that

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

Agree with that

A proper 'safe standing ' area is needed. It would ratchet the atmosphere up a notch or two for all matches.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:41 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:Personally, i felt that the atmosphere last night was every bit as good as anything (perhaps bar the Leeds game) that i ever experienced at Ninian.

Alfie,

Your right about fans, but on league games many of our singing fans are all over the ground and mixed with non singing fans.

Ever since we have been in the new stadium, we have had nothing but success after success. Ninian Park for 30 odd years hardly ever had success. You cant compare the atmospheres, nothing like a Leeds game/Hereford/Jacks/Chelsea/Spurs game at Ninian Park.
But, I have to admit its improving in the New stadium in the last few games. :ayatollah:
Last night and the Leicester game were 2 of the best so far. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:Personally, i felt that the atmosphere last night was every bit as good as anything (perhaps bar the Leeds game) that i ever experienced at Ninian.

Ever since we have been in the new stadium, we have had nothing but success after success. Ninian Park for 30 odd years hardly ever had success. You cant compare the atmospheres, nothing like a Leeds game/Hereford/Jacks/Chelsea/Spurs game at Ninian Park.
But, I have to admit its improving in the New stadium in the last few games. :ayatollah:
Last night and the Leicester game were 2 of the best so far. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hopefully we r slowly makin it our home :ayatollah:

Re: " CCS lack of atmosphere - has the myth been nailed? "

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:00 pm

atmosphere was probably as good when we beat swansea (chops last minute winner) fantastic hope it can be that good in the league :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:15 pm

We've proved to the stewards that standing isnt a problem. All of the Caton stood and half the Ninian stood. Cracking atmosphere :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:27 pm

CantonJack wrote:We've proved to the stewards that standing isnt a problem. All of the Caton stood and half the Ninian stood. Cracking atmosphere :ayatollah:

but stewards are not the people who think that standing is a problem
government believe its a problem
stewards are just people who enforce what has been decided in government
like the police
the police dont decide what is against the law and what isnt government do
the police are just paid to enforce the law
the sooner people figure that difference out the sooner all this bickering will stop

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:33 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
CantonJack wrote:We've proved to the stewards that standing isnt a problem. All of the Caton stood and half the Ninian stood. Cracking atmosphere :ayatollah:

like the police
the sooner people figure that difference out the sooner all this bickering will stop

But we're only allowed to stand in 105 and 106 because the stewards were told to be a little more leniant in those areas.
We need the 117 and 118 standing. Safe standing is a must if we want to keep up what we did last night

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:43 pm

CantonJack wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

like the police

But we're only allowed to stand in 105 and 106 because the stewards were told to be a little more leniant in those areas.
We need the 117 and 118 standing. Safe standing is a must if we want to keep up what we did last night

you wont get any argument off me stand where you like as far as im concerned
as long as your not interfering with anyones view who wants to sit and your not tearing lumps out of opposition fans on the segregation lines i dont see why standing is such an issue
but fans seem to assume that stewards control the legislation over these decisions and we dont we do what the guidelines advise us to do which were written and approved in parliament
so if you really want safe standing instead of moaning about it on a message board write to your mp join the FSF safe standing petition