Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Heaton or Marshall?

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:37 pm

Come on then!! Let's have the debate!!

Heaton was amazing last night man of the match in his own right!!

But what keeper shall we use for our march to the prem??
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Heaton or Marshall?

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:39 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:Come on then!! Let's have the debate!!

Heaton was amazing last night man of the match in his own right!!

But what keeper shall we use for our march to the prem??

im going with heaton to continue for the cups but i feel marshall will step back in on tues night!

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:39 pm

Marshall is our no 1 and keeper for the league, Heaton is our cup keeper, Malky said in an interview last night thats how its gonna stay......Heaton cannot be dropped for the the final, it would crucify the poor lad.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:42 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Marshall is our no 1 and keeper for the league, Heaton is our cup keeper, Malky said in an interview last night thats how its gonna stay......Heaton cannot be dropped for the the final, it would crucify the poor lad.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:44 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Marshall is our no 1 and keeper for the league, Heaton is our cup keeper, Malky said in an interview last night thats how its gonna stay......Heaton cannot be dropped for the the final, it would crucify the poor lad.

Very true sir!! He was class last night. As a player you get your chance and you fecking take it!!

He did :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:10 pm

Marshall for me is the better keeper overall although i think Heaton is looking more confident under this new goalkeeping coach we have and is a very relaible deputy.Had balls all to do last night apart from the shootout so a big well done to him for keeping his concentration up. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:18 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Marshall for me is the better keeper overall although i think Heaton is looking more confident under this new goalkeeping coach we have and is a very relaible deputy.Had balls all to do last night apart from the shootout so a big well done to him for keeping his concentration up. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Actually - twice he came for crosses and got solid fists on them to punch them away at distance.....
But yeah, even our keepers are looking much better than last season already..... A good manager will always squeeze that little bit of extra juice out of his players! ;)

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:22 pm

I loved the moment before the shoot out. Marshall took Heaton aside and they had a little heads together talk then when the final pen missed, Heaton ran straight too him to celebrate!

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:26 pm

Heaton - he earned it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
In fact -
McPhail and Blake have too.