Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I was head shot last night and thought..............

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:22 pm

We were out at the end of extra time i turned round to my Son and said 'we are not leaving the Stadium until we clap the team off for their efforts we deserved to win that but fair play to Palace they kept us out' he replied 'Dad we have got penalties yet'

I honestly thought we were out and had convinced myself that the goal Palace scored in the First Leg counted double :oops:
bet Palace fans wished it had :lol: So from the depths of despair i suddenly had hope but was then plunged back into the depths of despair when super Kenny Miller did an Akiwefena ;) and blasted the first penalty over the bar. Then super Tom Heaton who ironically came through the Palace academy made 2 super saves and their full back bottled their penalty and launched it into orbit :D

Cue delirium and manic celebrations and from the pits of despair probably where a lot of Palace fans find themselves today, i was lifted to the heights of ecstacy and the famous Cardiff City are on their way to Wembley again ;) :ayatollah:

What a night and then to cap it all off whilst driving home I had a phone call to say my Mam had been taken into hospital with chest pains (no she wasn't watching the game) suddenly everything was put in perspective and i hardly slept last night :(

However the good news is she's been given the all clear and i picked her up from hospital this morning and she's now resting at home :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: I was head shot last night and thought..............

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:26 pm

blueheaven wrote:We were out at the end of extra time i turned round to my Son and said 'we are not leaving the Stadium until we clap the team off for their efforts we deserved to win that but fair play to Palace they kept us out' he replied 'Dad we have got penalties yet'

I honestly thought we were out and had convinced myself that the goal Palace scored in the First Leg counted double :oops:
bet Palace fans wished it had :lol: So from the depths of despair i suddenly had hope but was then plunged back into the depths of despair when super Kenny Miller did an Akiwefena ;) and blasted the first penalty over the bar. Then super Tom Heaton who ironically came through the Palace academy made 2 super saves and their full back bottled their penalty and launched it into orbit :D

Cue delirium and manic celebrations and from the pits of despair probably where a lot of Palace fans find themselves today, i was lifted to the heights of ecstacy and the famous Cardiff City are on their way to Wembley again ;) :ayatollah:

What a night and then to cap it all off whilst driving home I had a phone call to say my Mam had been taken into hospital with chest pains (no she wasn't watching the game) suddenly everything was put in perspective and i hardly slept last night :(

However the good news is she's been given the all clear and i picked her up from hospital this morning and she's now resting at home :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good news - for you and your Mam.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:26 pm

blueheaven wrote:We were out at the end of extra time i turned round to my Son and said 'we are not leaving the Stadium until we clap the team off for their efforts we deserved to win that but fair play to Palace they kept us out' he replied 'Dad we have got penalties yet'

It's a new era bruv!
:ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:27 pm

Was a funny story until the end, but Im glad to hear your mother is ok, secretly she was watching the game :D
People who hate footy like my nan text me this morning, and my mother who knows more about cardiff than I do, said she would love a day out at wembley with your dad. my reply ''NO f*cking CHANCE''. :lol:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:36 pm

milly44 wrote:Was a funny story until the end, but Im glad to hear your mother is ok, secretly she was watching the game :D
People who hate footy like my nan text me this morning, and my mother who knows more about cardiff than I do, said she would love a day out at wembley with your dad. my reply ''NO f*cking CHANCE''. :lol:

Bringing my Mam home from hospital she told me that when one of the paramedics were helping her to the ambulance the other female paramedic in the ambulance asked them 'do you know how City got off tonight' and when they replied 'they won on penalties' the female paramedic let out a huge 'yesssssssssssssssss' and my Mam said 'my son supports Cardiff i bet he was there tonight' :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

She's fine now and has already told me 'to be careful if i go to Wembley' :D :D :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the good wishes from all :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:38 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

Good news - for you and your Mam.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks Mate thankfully she's fine now :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:39 pm

blueheaven wrote:
milly44 wrote:Was a funny story until the end, but Im glad to hear your mother is ok, secretly she was watching the game :D

Bringing my Mam home from hospital she told me that when one of the paramedics were helping her to the ambulance the other female paramedic in the ambulance asked them 'do you know how City got off tonight' and when they replied 'they won on penalties' the female paramedic let out a huge 'yesssssssssssssssss' and my Mam said 'my son supports Cardiff i bet he was there tonight' :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

She's fine now and has already told me 'to be careful if i go to Wembley' :D :D :lol: :lol:

I have already had that one off my nan, but thats not because of tragic recent events, she tells me to be careful when i walk next door to the fecking shop.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:59 pm

Perhaps Gardener's own goal should have counted as double. After all he did score it away from home. :D

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:11 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:

Perhaps Gardener's own goal should have counted as double. After all he did score it away from home. :D

That's what i must have been thinking :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:27 pm

milly44 wrote:
blueheaven wrote:

I have already had that one off my nan, but thats not because of tragic recent events, she tells me to be careful when i walk next door to the fecking shop.

:lol:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:00 pm

milly44 wrote:
blueheaven wrote:

Whenever i go away to watch City or even at home my Mam says 'make sure you don't get involved in any trouble and be careful' i am 51 now :old: and have never been in trouble in my life well almost never ;) :lol: :lol: