Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Craig Bellamy

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:04 am

If Liverpool win tonight (and I for one hope they do), will Dalglish play Bellamy at Wembley?
I'm sure in press conferences and in private talks with KD, Craig will say "I'm a Liverpool player, I'm just concentrating on playing football and winning with Liverpool", which is fair enough as he is paid 5 figures a week to do so.
However, the whole football world knows how much Cardiff City means to Craig and if the scores are level at 89 minutes and he has a chance to score, can Dalglish rely on him 100%?
This whole debate worked a lot better in my head if I'm honest, and now its written down I'm a lot more reluctant to fight my corner, but I've started so I'll finish.
A Nurse is not allowed to treat thier own family members on a ward (I believe) because of the obvious emotional connection possibly effecting the treatment etc, and a similar (although admittedly far less serious) concept possibly faces Bellers. Would any of this go through Kenny Dalglish's mind should Liverpool reach Wembley?
I'd like to think so, but at the end of the day he is being paid £60,000 odd (?) a week to play and score for Liverpool no matter the occasion.

On a side note, fantastic display by all of the boys last night and a great result.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Craig Bellamy

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:08 am

DamnRightIveGotTheBlues wrote:If Liverpool win tonight (and I for one hope they do), will Dalglish play Bellamy at Wembley?
I'm sure in press conferences and in private talks with KD, Craig will say "I'm a Liverpool player, I'm just concentrating on playing football and winning with Liverpool", which is fair enough as he is paid 5 figures a week to do so.
However, the whole football world knows how much Cardiff City means to Craig and if the scores are level at 89 minutes and he has a chance to score, can Dalglish rely on him 100%?
This whole debate worked a lot better in my head if I'm honest, and now its written down I'm a lot more reluctant to fight my corner, but I've started so I'll finish.
A Nurse is not allowed to treat thier own family members on a ward (I believe) because of the obvious emotional connection possibly effecting the treatment etc, and a similar (although admittedly far less serious) concept possibly faces Bellers. Would any of this go through Kenny Dalglish's mind should Liverpool reach Wembley?
I'd like to think so, but at the end of the day he is being paid £60,000 odd (?) a week to play and score for Liverpool no matter the occasion.

On a side note, fantastic display by all of the boys last night and a great result.

He was a Liverpool fan as a kid, so he'll score if he gets the opportunity. Whether he celebrates or not is another matter.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:08 am

DamnRightIveGotTheBlues wrote:If Liverpool win tonight (and I for one hope they do), will Dalglish play Bellamy at Wembley?

Whatever bellamy's connections to cardiff,he was always a liverpool fan

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:10 am

To be fair mate, bellamy is a life long liverpool fan and now player.. and as he is a true professional im sure he will be fully committed to winning games for liverpool.. the fact that they could be playing cardiff will not change bellers approach to the game. the only thing he actually has with cardiff is that he has a house there and was from cardiff.. he was only on loan to us and was never a cardiff city player..

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:10 am

Bellamy a Liverpool fan

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:19 am

I would expect him to play and the least he can do is score an own goal. :D

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:23 am

Yeah, I guess you're all right, cheers :ayatollah:
Although its fair to say he has a closer connection to City than most clubs he has played for (apart from Liverpool, possibly Celtic)
As he put it, he wouldnt have dropped down a league for anyone else.