Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Magical times to be a Cardiff City Fan

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:02 am

Wembley 4 times in 5 years. You would be forgiven for thinking it doesn't get much better than this but it will. Foundations have been set at our club. We have committed owners who are building the club in the right way, We have the nucleus of a fantastic football team who will do us proud for years to come and we still have something to build on there. We have a wonderful stadium with fans and an atmosphere to match (last night proves that). We have a a tremendous training centre and infrastructure. We also have a manager second to none who has not only built a very successful football team in such a short time but has put a wonderful team of coaches and backroom staff together around him. Last night was a pivotal time in our football clubs history we are on the verge of going toe to toe with the big boys. Enjoy the Carling Cup Final it will be a magnificent occasion but we must keep our eye on the main target and that is the Premier League. I believe Malky will be backed to the hilt in this transfer window and we can push on from here starting with a resounding victory over Southampton next Tuesday which will cement our place in the top two.

These certainly are magical times enjoy them and get used to them for there are more to come :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Magical times to be a Cardiff City Fan

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:03 am

great post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:05 am

ihatealiens wrote:Wembley 4 times in 5 years. You would be forgiven for thinking it doesn't get much better than this but it will. Foundations have been set at our club. We have committed owners who are building the club in the right way, We have the nucleus of a fantastic football team who will do us proud for years to come and we still have something to build on there. We have a wonderful stadium with fans and an atmosphere to match (last night proves that). We have a a tremendous training centre and infrastructure. We also have a manager second to none who has not only built a very successful football team in such a short time but has put a wonderful team of coaches and backroom staff together around him. Last night was a pivotal time in our football clubs history we are on the verge of going toe to toe with the big boys. Enjoy the Carling Cup Final it will be a magnificent occasion but we must keep our eye on the main target and that is the Premier League. I believe Malky will be backed to the hilt in this transfer window and we can push on from here starting with a resounding victory over Southampton next Tuesday which will cement our place in the top two.

These certainly are magical times enjoy them and get used to them for there are more to come :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Great post, except it's 4 times in 4 years. Our 1st appearance at the new Wembley was in April 2008, which is less than 4 years ago. Whoops, sorry, I'm sounding like a nerd!

:lol:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:12 am

Top post. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:17 am

Who would have thought it? Cardiff City appearing in both domestic cup finals !! sort of thing I used to just dream about when I was a kid kicking the ball around on the streets :old:
Bloody kids are spoilt nowadays :D

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:Top post. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

good to see you singing at the top of your voice last night annis!! ;) book author to opera star!! ;)

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:35 am

These really are wonderfull times. To think of all the shit seasons most of us have had to endure. Started following City back in the mid seventies, had to wait a long time for these magic moments. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:39 am

buckleys brewery wrote:These really are wonderfull times. To think of all the shit seasons most of us have had to endure. Started following City back in the mid seventies, had to wait a long time for these magic moments. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Same here. I've been a supporter since 1976 and it's only since 2003 for my nipper.

It's surreal. I'll wake up in a minute!

:lol: