Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Palace Perspective

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:01 am

A palace who has come in peace and SERIOUSLY does want to congratulate you. The best team over the two legs went through tonight and as gutted as I am I can't complain about that.

Problem was, was that we did exactly what we didnt want to do and that was to conceed early. Not to sure what Gardner was teying to do for the goal. Think he got caught in two minds whether to head it or kick it. Obvioisly he should of cleared it with his left foot but hey ho hindsight is a wonderful thing isnt it? These things happen.

If we hadn't of conceded then I honestly dont think you would of scored as it just didnt seem to be your night and going into the shootout, because of the nisses you had I honestly thought this was ours. That header at the end that I think either Gerrard or Turner missed was a total shocker.

We never really threatened at all. The sending off was deserved and Paddy being an experienced pro should no better than to dive in from behind when hes on a yellow so he needs to look at himself for that. Also felt it was strange sacrificing ambrose for the substitution when clearly he was our only slight goal scoring threat even if it was only from set pieces. And he is our penalty taker along with murray, neither of who were on at the end.

Probably Clynes last game for us and ironically was his poorest for us to. Zaha was our only outlet. I know you guys were booing him in the end but your defenders just couldnt live with him in the first half. Howard webb let a couple of fouls on him go aswell.

But well done. I thought mcphail did a solid job. Miller is always a threat and i thought conway was superb. Ive never minded you guys, always had good memories of Cardiff and I will certainly be hoping you turn over Man City or Liverpool in the final.

Well done lads.

Re: Palace Perspective

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:04 am

Very fair comments.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, We were the best team over the two legs, and for us to have gone out on penalties would have been so undeserved!

what I will say is FAIR PLAY to your fans, one of the best ever at our stadium! well done! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:05 am

Thank you..You`r support was excellent tonight, made for a good atmosphere..

Good luck to you, you might make the play offs..

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:14 am

Thanks for the kind words, it must be hard to take time out to come on here so soon after the game, i also thought taking off ambrose was a strange decision, he was your only chance of scoring (free kicks, corners, etc) but in the end i don,t think anyone could argue that the best team went through, we had a hatfull of chances tonight, good luck for the rest of the season!!!

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:22 am

Croydon Eagle wrote:A palace who has come in peace and SERIOUSLY does want to congratulate you. The best team over the two legs went through tonight and as gutted as I am I can't complain about that.

Problem was, was that we did exactly what we didnt want to do and that was to conceed early. Not to sure what Gardner was teying to do for the goal. Think he got caught in two minds whether to head it or kick it. Obvioisly he should of cleared it with his left foot but hey ho hindsight is a wonderful thing isnt it? These things happen.

If we hadn't of conceded then I honestly dont think you would of scored as it just didnt seem to be your night and going into the shootout, because of the nisses you had I honestly thought this was ours. That header at the end that I think either Gerrard or Turner missed was a total shocker.

We never really threatened at all. The sending off was deserved and Paddy being an experienced pro should no better than to dive in from behind when hes on a yellow so he needs to look at himself for that. Also felt it was strange sacrificing ambrose for the substitution when clearly he was our only slight goal scoring threat even if it was only from set pieces. And he is our penalty taker along with murray, neither of who were on at the end.

Probably Clynes last game for us and ironically was his poorest for us to. Zaha was our only outlet. I know you guys were booing him in the end but your defenders just couldnt live with him in the first half. Howard webb let a couple of fouls on him go aswell.

But well done. I thought mcphail did a solid job. Miller is always a threat and i thought conway was superb. Ive never minded you guys, always had good memories of Cardiff and I will certainly be hoping you turn over Man City or Liverpool in the final.

Well done lads.

Fair play to you mate thats very gracious of you. I said to my mate before the game that the one consolation in losing to you would be that your chairman would have a platform to vent his frustrations about the new academy rules, but it wasnt to be for you. I must say freedman didnt help you with his persistent silly comments before the game! he wound the crowd up to fever pitch which may have been avoided.
all the best to you though and i hope you do well this season but i also hope you dont get your revenge on the last day of the season when hopefully we have even more at stake! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:25 am

Yes it is hard to take but I felt it was right to come on and congratulate you guys. I had a ticket for tonight abd had paid for hotel and travel but a close family bereavement yesterday prevented me from travelling. Its been a pretty shit 24 hours but if theres one thing ive taken from it, it that this is only a game and the most deserved team went through. Like one of you said it would of been a crime if you hadnt gone through.

Thanks for the wishes for the rest of the season. If im honest we have already surpassed all expectations that we had for this season. Were not good enough for play offs, we are an average side but freedman gets the best out of what hes got. We are hard to break down and I dont think anyone enjoys playing us so I think we'll be safe at mid table. Beating Man Utd, the pikeys from south east london and the scum from sussex away from home has already made our season. Another 3 poibts against the scum next tuesday will just round it off really!!

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:30 am

Croydon Eagle wrote:A palace who has come in peace and SERIOUSLY does want to congratulate you. The best team over the two legs went through tonight and as gutted as I am I can't complain about that.

Well done lads.

To come on here an give a fair and respectful analysis like you have deserves credit. Well done pal, It seemed it was meant to be for you tonight. I was convinced we would lose the shoot out that I had to walk away from it or be sick. haha. Your manager and fans wanted it bad! Mind games and resting players showed that. On a personal note im delighted we didn't show the old symptoms of 'failureathelasthurdle disease' and that ive watched City in every major domestic final (other than the charity shield) with Cardiff in just 4 years! it may be 40 before we come back, so im going do value every moment. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:36 am

Cheers Chief and sorry for your loss :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:41 am

Croydon Eagle wrote:Yes it is hard to take but I felt it was right to come on and congratulate you guys. I had a ticket for tonight abd had paid for hotel and travel but a close family bereavement yesterday prevented me from travelling. Its been a pretty shit 24 hours but if theres one thing ive taken from it, it that this is only a game and the most deserved team went through. Like one of you said it would of been a crime if you hadnt gone through.

Thanks for the wishes for the rest of the season. If im honest we have already surpassed all expectations that we had for this season. Were not good enough for play offs, we are an average side but freedman gets the best out of what hes got. We are hard to break down and I dont think anyone enjoys playing us so I think we'll be safe at mid table. Beating Man Utd, the pikeys from south east london and the scum from sussex away from home has already made our season. Another 3 poibts against the scum next tuesday will just round it off really!!

I must admit, them fans who traveled down for the game were awesome. Constant singing and didn't give up on their team. Unsure on the Ambrose sub. Zaha going you think? Good player but not sure how much he is worth. The player I've been impressed with for you is Clyne the right back? United are after him aren't they?

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:42 am

Thank you CE, its not an easy thing too accept defeat in the manner that you have, god knows we have been their many times before. You have (CPFC) a lot to look forward to i am sure, you could certainly do with a bit more "bite" up front,,,just like us.
Your fans who traveled certainly made a noise, & helped make for a great atmosphere.
All the best for the season, (except for April 28). :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:44 am

Merlin wrote:Very fair comments.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, We were the best team over the two legs, and for us to have gone out on penalties would have been so undeserved!

what I will say is FAIR PLAY to your fans, one of the best ever at our stadium! well done! :ayatollah:

Agreed, they did their club proud. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:57 am

Goodshoes wrote:
Croydon Eagle wrote:Yes it is hard to take but I felt it was right to come on and congratulate you guys. I had a ticket for tonight abd had paid for hotel and travel but a close family bereavement yesterday prevented me from travelling. Its been a pretty shit 24 hours but if theres one thing ive taken from it, it that this is only a game and the most deserved team went through. Like one of you said it would of been a crime if you hadnt gone through.

I must admit, them fans who traveled down for the game were awesome. Constant singing and didn't give up on their team. Unsure on the Ambrose sub. Zaha going you think? Good player but not sure how much he is worth. The player I've been
impressed with for you is Clyne the right back? United are after him aren't they?

Yeah Clyne is something special. Been watching Palace constantly since about 1988 and can honestly say he is one of the best talents to come off the conveyer belt of talent that we seem to produce in the academy. Just as I said earlier, it was ironic that tonight could possibly of been his last game and was the poorest ive seen him play for us. I honestly dont think he would have any trouble slipping into the Man Utd team. He is exactly there type of player.

Zaha has a big future to. Wldnt advise him to leave just yet. He is a box of tricks but still has alot to learn yet. In fact I thought Blake didnt do a bad job on him. Ive seen him totally ruin full backs this season for fun. How old is Blake? Never really noticed him before but was impressed with him.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:04 am

Croydon Eagle wrote:
Goodshoes wrote:

I must admit, them fans who traveled down for the game were awesome. Constant singing and didn't give up on their team. Unsure on the Ambrose sub. Zaha going you think? Good player but not sure how much he is worth. The player I've been
impressed with for you is Clyne the right back? United are after him aren't they?

Yeah Clyne is something special. Been watching Palace constantly since about 1988 and can honestly say he is one of the best talents to come off the conveyer belt of talent that we seem to produce in the academy. Just as I said earlier, it was ironic that tonight could possibly of been his last game and was the poorest ive seen him play for us. I honestly dont think he would have any trouble slipping into the Man Utd team. He is exactly there type of player.

Zaha has a big future to. Wldnt advise him to leave just yet. He is a box of tricks but still has alot to learn yet. In fact I thought Blake didnt do a bad job on him. Ive seen him totally ruin full backs this season for fun. How old is Blake? Never really noticed him before but was impressed with him.

Blake is 22/23- Not had much of a run to be honest. Under Jones, he was played CM, RB, CB, everywhere pretty much but Malky has stuck him as a RB. Mcnaughton being first choice RB but been out so Blake been given the chance to step up.

First trip to Selhurst was back in 1997 on a trip with my football team I played for. Good old ground!

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:35 am

Fair play Croydon Eagle...Very magnanimous post!!
I lived on Limes Rd for a couple of years in the 90's, close to Selhurst while working at Lunar House.

I have a few friends who are Palace fans and good guys.

Good luck for the rest if the Season.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:52 am

Well done lads.

Kind words, mate and appreciated :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Have to say that Zaha cheated and dived on several occasions; including the one where Blake got booked :oops:

As for Murphy's sending off?? By the 'letter of the law' and all that BUT I would have been VERY disappointed if that had happened to one of ours to be fair to him :ayatollah:

Good luck with the remainder of your season and hopefully you will take plenty of points off our opposition :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:06 am

Well done lads.

I think dougie shat himself and panicked into making rash decisions :ayatollah: :lol: .. well done eagle for coming on here to post your view :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:31 am

Well done lads.

When Ambrose went off I simply couldn't believe our luck. He might have had an injury, but if not and it was a tactical substitution then it had a Lennie Lawerence decision written all over it ;)

Palace put up a brave performance but it would have been criminal if we hadn’t gone through as we were clearly the better side by some considerable distance.

A big up to the Palace fans who have on 2 occasions this season proved themselves the best away support to come to Cardiff.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:29 pm

Only thing you missed is Zaha is a diver!