Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff v Palace - CCS ATMOSPHERE ON THE NIGHT!

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:01 am

Well for me, that topped Leicester at home 2 seasons ago! Absolutely incredible, the Drum was spot on tonight, each and every one of you in the crowd played your part! INCREDIBLE!

Credit to palace, they sung and sung and were one of the best away section to have ever to come to our ground, but they came on the wrong night!

Tonight, Ninian Park showed her face in the CCS!

Thank you! :ayatollah:

Re: Cardiff v Palace - CCS ATMOSPHERE ON THE NIGHT!

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:02 am

Best atmosphere at that stadium for me. Fans were magnificent, Palace fans were too.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:04 am

Awesome !!!!

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:06 am

Merlin wrote:Well for me, that topped Leicester at home 2 seasons ago! Absolutely incredible, the Drum was spot on tonight, each and every one of you in the crowd played your part! INCREDIBLE!

Credit to palace, they sung and sung and were one of the best away section to have ever to come to our ground, but they came on the wrong night!

The 12th man was definitely the man of the match (alongside Darcy Blake) ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:12 am

It really was. That was unreal. Did remind me of the old days back on the bob bank. Fantastic support

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:15 am

did the stewards play up or were they normal-ish

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:17 am

Fantastic atmosphere,,Palace fans were loud, but we were louder. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
I thought the crowd was bigger than what was announced.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:21 am

Merlin wrote:Well for me, that topped Leicester at home 2 seasons ago! Absolutely incredible, the Drum was spot on tonight, each and every one of you in the crowd played your part! INCREDIBLE!

how i would LOVE to have even half that atmosphere more often at league games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:25 am

jinks-rct wrote:did the stewards play up or were they normal-ish

Last time I looked at the ninian stand - EVERYBODY was standing!! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:26 am

So proud to be a city fan tonight
The support was absolutely outstanding ,never heard anything like the canton tonight
the result still hasnt sunk in really :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:24 am

Just goes to show it's not the ground that makes the atmosphere it's the fans in the ground. Can't remember many times in Ninian Park as good as tonight. :old:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:28 am

CF64 BLUE wrote:Just goes to show it's not the ground that makes the atmosphere it's the fans in the ground. Can't remember many times in Ninian Park as good as tonight. :old:

I thought Palace fans out sung us and Ali saved us on at least 3 occasions drowning them out with his music.

But we never had many big games like tonight at Ninian Park, we had nearly 30 years of misery.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:01 am

Great atmosphere tonight - brilliant having the whole ground joining in with the singing - even thought for a minute that Annis was going to give the CCS praise for once! :o :D

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:
CF64 BLUE wrote:Just goes to show it's not the ground that makes the atmosphere it's the fans in the ground. Can't remember many times in Ninian Park as good as tonight. :old:

I thought Palace fans out sung us and Ali saved us on at least 3 occasions drowning them out with his music.

But we never had many big games like tonight at Ninian Park, we had nearly 30 years of misery.

I disagree with that Annis..

I was sat near the corner of the ninian and canton stands, and thought the canton stand were awesome tonight..but i never heard much noise from the end of the ninian stand where you sit.
Maybe its down to the acoustics of the stadium, and the sound dont travel well, we could hear the palace lot though, but they didn`t sound as loud as i thought they would..Weird innit?

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:11 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Rick Wright is turning in his grave Annis! :lol:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:20 am

wkdblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I disagree with that Annis..

I was sat near the corner of the ninian and canton stands, and thought the canton stand were awesome tonight..but i never heard much noise from the end of the ninian stand where you sit.
Maybe its down to the acoustics of the stadium, and the sound dont travel well, we could hear the palace lot though, but they didn`t sound as loud as i thought they would..Weird innit?

It's down to where your seat is in the stadium! I was in Ninian on the half way line and whilst the Palace fans were noisy, the Canton was louder overall!
If your seat is closer to the away fans, then with the amount of fans they had there tonight, it's obvious they're going to sound noisier than the Canton, which they weren't overall!
They did get very noisy at full time at 90 minutes and half time in extra time and it was great thinking by Ali to drown them out! :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:36 am

In block 111 ninian every1, women, children older members of society were bouncing and singing if not clapping to the beat of the drum. Superb and we loved every minute!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:40 am

Best atmosphere since Leeds in the cup.

Annis your looks at this all wrong, it's not a battle between NP ams CCS in my opinion it's about now not then.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:15 am

I was in Block 112 and I could barely here the Palace fans over the Canton Stand.

Impressive and the dude on the drum got it right.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:06 am

The atmosphere was fantastic last night and credit to the Palace fans who contributed fully to the noise in the stadium but I wish Palace had come for a game of football last night and not just to park the bus. For me that Leicester playoff game was a fantastic game because Leicester needed to win a came for a game of football. Overall Palace had only 3 attempts on target in both legs and in my opinion our domination of both legs was nothing short of total. Quite how it needed penalties at the end god only knows but I must say I absolutely love a good penalty shoot out and thanks to Tom Heaton thats exactly what last night was.

I disagree with Annis because I was sat in section 129 of the grandstand and whilst the Palace fans give it their best overall they were clearly 2nd best on the evening. Haing said that as a group they were as good as any away fans to come to the stadium but there were more of them than any other club has brought to the CCS so you would expect that.

Don't know what it is with Annis at the moment but we did have many big nights at Ninian Park like last night, I can remember the Cup Winners Cup Semi Final and believe me when you talk about atmosphere, passion and heartbreak that night had it all. Our only other League Cup Semi final against West Ham, Real Madrid I could go on.

Also anyone who wants to tell me Vincent Tan doesn't care about our club needs to get a grip because the guy I watched walking around the stadium was loving it, absolutely loving it.

These are fantastic times to be a Bluebird fan the very best of times and right now I just don't know where this season is going to take us.

Except Wembley of course. ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:48 am

Damned Yank wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Rick Wright is turning in his grave Annis! :lol:

Is ricky wright dead :shock: :(

Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:56 am

I think it was probably the best we could do, given the constraints set on us by the club.

I would say it is achievable at every match : just shows you what stewards letting people STAND can achieve. Unfortunately, normal service will resume in the next league match, and it will be back to feeling like a Cardiff Blues match.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:09 am

I'm probably not the only person with a sore throat this morning, fantastic support last night !! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Palace fans might have outsung your section Annis, but when you were stood in the Canton last night, We could barely hear them! A few occasions they had a couple of loud outbursts, but WE owned the majority of the night last night. :ayatollah:

Come on over for a game and you will see what we're talking about! plenty of space to come and STAND by us for at least 45 minutes if you can drag yourself away from the ninian just to experience it yourself! ;)