Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

our best defence?

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Am i right in saying,we keep more clean sheets when the partnership is gerrard/turner? :ayatollah:

Re: our best defence?

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:13 am

Gerrard was good tonight to be fair to him, but I think Hudson/Turner is most definitely the preferred centre-half pairing - and a very good one as well. That partnership hasn't exactly been shipping goals upon goals remember......

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:16 am

boxerbob wrote:Am i right in saying,we keep more clean sheets when the partnership is gerrard/turner? :ayatollah:

Gerrard was shocking at times. The way he kept leaving the ball to Heaton when a Palace player was racing towards the ball scared me shitless. I was convinced he was going to cost us Wembley.

Other than those silly moments he was good though.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:19 am

Aramore wrote:
boxerbob wrote:Am i right in saying,we keep more clean sheets when the partnership is gerrard/turner? :ayatollah:

Gerrard was shocking at times. The way he kept leaving the ball to Heaton when a Palace player was racing towards the ball scared me shitless. I was convinced he was going to cost us Wembley.

and the prize for first negative comment after an AMAZING performance from every player that's taken us to Wembley go to.... duh duh duhhhhhhhh :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:22 am

i wondering if gerrard/turner have kept more clean sheets than any other partnership :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:24 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Aramore wrote:

and the prize for first negative comment after an AMAZING performance from every player that's taken us to Wembley go to.... duh duh duhhhhhhhh :D :ayatollah:

I did say he was good otherwise : P

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:24 am

Seriously though, if people think that Hudson should automatically be dropped just off the back of one good performance from Gerrard, then they're very much mistaken. He deserves his new contract - him and Turner have forged arguably the best centre-half partnership in the league, and he chips in with a few important goals as well; Portsmouth on Saturday just one example.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:25 am

boxerbob wrote:i wondering if gerrard/turner have kept more clean sheets than any other partnership :ayatollah:

If you're that desperate to know, look it up yourself :lol:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:27 am

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Seriously though, if people think that Hudson should automatically be dropped just off the back of one good performance from Gerrard, then they're very much mistaken. He deserves his new contract - him and Turner have forged arguably the best centre-half partnership in the league, and he chips in with a few important goals as well; Portsmouth on Saturday just one example.

Is the same sort of people that started screaming Hargreaves for England after he scored a goal in a League cup game.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:36 am

Aramore wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Seriously though, if people think that Hudson should automatically be dropped just off the back of one good performance from Gerrard, then they're very much mistaken. He deserves his new contract - him and Turner have forged arguably the best centre-half partnership in the league, and he chips in with a few important goals as well; Portsmouth on Saturday just one example.

Is the same sort of people that started screaming Hargreaves for England after he scored a goal in a League cup game.

Exactly.