Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

EUROPE.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:37 pm

I need someone who actually knows 100% to answer me this question.

If Man City or Liverpool get a European spot via the league (which is likely) does that leave Cardiff open to get a European spot via the league cup final?? Hmmmmmm

Iv'e heard many answers before but have no idea which is right.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: EUROPE.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:39 pm

No. Only Carling cup winners get europe spot.

Euro spot now goes to best placed in league probably 6th - depending on fa cup where runners up do get euro spot

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:42 pm

neeball wrote:No. Only Carling cup winners get europe spot.

Euro spot now goes to best placed in league probably 6th - depending on fa cup where runners up do get euro spot

Ouch!

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:44 pm

Spot on :ayatollah: - There is more of a chance of the Jacks getting into europe on the fair play rule...even if they go down !!

Shocking rules which need to be looked at ( IMO ) :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:44 pm

Iv'e heard that the rule may differ because we are under F.A.W rule....fucked if I know TBH.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:45 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Spot on :ayatollah: - There is more of a chance of the Jacks getting into europe on the fair play rule...even if they go down !!

I do think thats bollocks to be fair mate. Harsh!

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:47 pm

There is more of a chance of the Jacks getting into europe on the fair play rule...even if they go down !!

Yes i think the way it stands at the moment swansea will be in europe next season on fair play rule

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:47 pm

theirs more chance of us getting into a traffic jam , than getting into europe...

to put it nicely..

even if we win, the english F.A may decide the 8th positioned side take the spot... WHICH COULD BE SWANSEA :|

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:49 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:theirs more chance of us getting into a traffic jam , than getting into europe...

to put it nicely..

even if we win, the english F.A may decide the 8th positioned side take the spot... WHICH COULD BE SWANSEA :|

Its a shit rule! So Swansea could finish 8th and get into Europe because we got into the final, didnt win it so that freed up a spot for them or any other club to get a free pass...its shit that!

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:52 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Trust me taff :ayatollah: It's true FIFA give a place to the best team who don't pick up yellow and red cards,over a season.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Its a shit rule! So Swansea could finish 8th and get into Europe because we got into the final, didnt win it so that freed up a spot for them or any other club to get a free pass...its shit that!

Exactly. We will never hear the end of that!! Will have to shut this board down for a while.......

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:55 pm

If I remember rightly, Cardiff and Swansea are now goverened by the English FA, and not the FAW. sure I read they changed over before the beginning of this season.

if you win it i would say the f.a would let you enter europe.surely the welsh clubs would be informed at the start of the cup where they stood on this.you,ve defo got to win this to get in europe though.we went through all this before last years final with arsenal.didn,t matter in the end cos we won it...its one game over 90/120 mins.whitts won,t be out of place whoever your facing.

If you win the cup then you're in Europe. If not, the place goes to the premier league... It's that simple, well done tonight...

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:57 pm

If I remember rightly, Cardiff and Swansea are now goverened by the English FA, and not the FAW. sure I read they changed over before the beginning of this season

Yes we are under english fa now

And if we win the carling cup we are in europe, only the runners up do not qualify

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:57 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Trust me taff :ayatollah: It's true FIFA give a place to the best team who don't pick up yellow and red cards,over a season.

thats why foolham got in europe

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:02 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

no didnt mean it like that mate, I know that...I just made it sound wrong. haha.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:03 am

But if we win it we are in.

Don't think I'm nuts here but Brum beat a top arsenal side last season with a team not good enough to stay in the prem.
Liverpool just got beat by Bolton and sunderland beat Man C.

If we did get those 2 or 3 quality players (not cup tied) -we could have a team out that have a chance here guys :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:06 am

eddiep wrote:But if we win it we are in.

Don't think I'm nuts here but Brum beat a top arsenal side last season with a team not good enough to stay in the prem.

If we did get those 2 or 3 quality players (not cup tied) -we could have a team out that have a chance here guys :ayatollah:

not wrong! Although I speak for most of us when I say we'd prefer Liverpool, they have weaknesses at the moment, I hope their form gets worse and Bellamy and Gerrard get injured.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:09 am

eddiep wrote:But if we win it we are in.

Correct, if you win the cup, you're in...