Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

am i right in thinking after 90 minutes,if the score

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:06 pm

is 2-1 to us,then we still go into extra time......cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: am i right in thinking after 90 minutes,if the score

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:08 pm

krabb wrote:is 2-1 to us,then we still go into extra time......cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes but if we fail to score then at the end of extra time it will be 2 - 3 to them if we do score in extra time and they dont it will be 3 - 3 and it will go to penalties

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:08 pm

yes,but palace would win on away goals if the scores the same after the extra 30 minutes

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:09 pm

krabb wrote:is 2-1 to us,then we still go into extra time......cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

unless u mean the goal they scored is from last match then we will win the game

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:11 pm

im confused now :? :? :? :lol:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:15 pm

The Carling Cup Semi-Final second leg will be decided under a number of circumstances this evening. With reference to away goals, they will only come into play after extra time and not before. Crystal Palace currently hold a single goal advantage, so Cardiff will need to score two goals without reply to progress in standard or extra time.

If Crystal Palace score one goal, Cardiff will need three to progress - though if the scores are tied at an aggregate 2-2 or any higher aggregate score draw after one hundred and twenty minutes, Crystal Palace will progress having scored an away goal or goals. The true activation point comes after ninety minutes, after which Cardiff will need to score two goals to every Crystal Palace goal. Penalties can only decide matters in the event of the match ending 1-0 to Cardiff after extra time. How's your head after that?!

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:17 pm

englishbluebird wrote:im confused now :? :? :? :lol:

Only way to pens is 1 0 to us after extra time. 1 1 on agg no away goals so pens.
2 1 to us after extra they win.
but no need to worry about all that shit,cos we're gonna smash them.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:19 pm

13.5 In the Semi-Final ties, if the aggregate score is level at the end of the second game an extra half-hour shall be played. If the aggregate scores are still level at the end of extra time the tie shall be decided by goals scored away from home counting twice. If the teams remain equal after this procedure the tie shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.

http://www.carlingcup.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Rules

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:20 pm

blue 64 wrote:

Only way to pens is 1 0 to us after extra time. 1 1 on agg no away goals so pens.

F*CK now i'm confused,right
2 1 to us after extra time.2 2 on agg they win on away goals!!

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:24 pm

sorry my fault,1-0 to them and then 2-1 to us,so after 2 legs 2-2 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:26 pm

blue 64 wrote:
blue 64 wrote:

F*CK now i'm confused,right
2 1 to us after extra time.2 2 on agg they win on away goals!!

yep,thats right :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:09 pm

We just have to score 2 goals tonight without conceding. If they score then we will have to score 3, everwise we lose after extra time when it's 2-2 on aggregate due to away goals. Stupid rule but we have to live with it. I'm quietly confident we will turn them over. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:20 pm

Sorry if we win 1-0 at the end of 90 minutes. Then we each score a goal in extra time to make it 2-2, it can't possibly be fair for palace to progress as they've had longer to play away from home than we had??

Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:09 pm

Ballistic Blue wrote:

Yes but if we fail to score then at the end of extra time it will be 2 - 3 [NO IT WONT IT WILL BE 2-2]to them if we do score in extra time and they dont it will be 3 - 3 [No IF THE SCORE IS 2-2 AND WE SCORE WIN WIN 3-2] and it will go to penalties [NO IT WOULDN'T! AS WE ALREADY WON THE GAME :lol: ]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think I just pissed myself! Why does every body make it so confusing to themselves? :D

Listen - the ONLY WAY there will be a penalty shoot out is if the score is 1-0 to us AFTER EXTRA TIME! ;)

If we score 2 and thats it - or If palace score 1 - Then that would immediately wipe out the possibility of penalties!
;)

Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:44 pm

last year.blues v west hamster.2.1 at west ham.after 90mins at st.ands 2.1 blues.if it had been the same after e/t then penalties.thankfully we scored and won 3.1 on night.if west ham had scored and made it 3.2 then we,d have lost on awy goals.remember arsenal v wigan?you won,t need pens.they,ll fold.but be pataint