Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: No McPhail tonight please

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:20 pm

polo wrote:Good post Die. Although well though out, reasoned debate does not work with Tony when it come to Mcphail.

He has this conspiracy theory that Mcphail purposely passed the ball to Bowyer as they played together at Leeds. :lol:

Absolute rubbish :roll: there again a Merthyr fan wouldn't want the best for CCFC

Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:07 pm

Personally Im a big fan of McPhail. Would be surprised to see him play tonight as he was training on his own in the gym yesterday morning. Was only doing light stuff so maybe ok.

Didnt help much there did I???!!! :lol:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:31 pm

Mate McPhail hasn't had a bad game all season, Id rather him that Ralls tbh. Are people still bitching about the old bottling days of Dave Jones? :roll:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:24 pm

Thought I'd bump this.The boy did great tonight as Malky after match comments illustrated-vital part in the way the team was set up tonight.When their player was sent off there was no need to have him sitting infront of the back four so he was subbed.Could'nt have asked any more of him tonight.Well done Stevie. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Absolute joke of a thread. Great performance tonight! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:55 am

Pleased for him after his illness :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:10 am

bet u feel a right c**t now, he bossed the game!

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:25 am

glas wrote:He is a throwback to our old "bottling" days under DJ.

Always gives away unnecessary free kicks, usually near our own penalty area, putting the team under pressure. Something we don't need tonight with the size of their team.

Spins around so he can use his left leg, so wastes time and slows momentum. Gets caught out by trying to tackle only with his left leg. I am starting to wonder does he ever use his right leg, (probably only for balance). The most one sided player I have ever seen.

Haven't read the other posts on here; just yours :roll:

You got that a bit wrong, didn't you?? Best player on the pitch for IMHO and worked his backside off with his tracking back and tackling ;)

Not many better than Macca when fit, I tell you :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:30 am

Thought McPhail wasn't far off man of the match when he was subbed tonight and blaming him for conceding the Charlie Adam free kick is laughable, as the ball hit the back of his arm as he turned to cover the defence as the ball was played in and he had no chance of getting out of the way! It was ball to hand and should not have resulted in a free kick!

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:59 am

I'd be amazed if Tony didnt praise Mcphail tonight?
He was brilliant, MOTM by a mile IMO

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:08 am

2blue2handle wrote:I'd be amazed if Tony didnt praise Mcphail tonight?

Well he's got a point about his Swansea sending off(s) and his header to Bowyer, but he's very one-eyed when it comes to McPhail, so I wouldn't hold your breath! :) :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:48 am

mcphail ran his ass off for city lastnight and was f**ked when he was subbed. well done mcphail :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:12 am

I'm not going to slag him off for last night as the WHOLE team played brilliantly.

However, MOTM? No way Heaton, Gunnasson, Conway, Whittingham, Gerrard, Tuner, Taylor, Cowie and Blake were all miles better and far more influencial.

If McPhail was MOTM then where was his goals, assists, tackles etc.? For the record he made 4 forward passes all game and twice lost possession doing so.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:58 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I'm not going to slag him off for last night as the WHOLE team played brilliantly.

However, MOTM? No way Heaton, Gunnasson, Conway, Whittingham, Gerrard, Tuner, Taylor, Cowie and Blake were all miles better and far more influencial.

If McPhail was MOTM then where was his goals, assists, tackles etc.? For the record he made 4 forward passes all game and twice lost possession doing so.

Should take this up with Malky mate-He'll put you right.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:03 pm

CRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGE!!!!!!

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:56 pm

Macca was superb last night. Keeps the play ticking over, switches the ball from side to side brilliantly making Palace chase shadows all night.

Also,with Macca in that role it gives Whitts more licence to push forward, which is where he caqn do most damage.

Well played Macca.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:08 pm

This thread shows just how much some fans know - f all.

McPhail is possibly the most underated player we have had for some time. The guy is quality, and in the big games he keeps the ball, and gets us ticking.

He has receieved plaudits from a lot of pundits and players a like over his career, and yet he isnt good enough for some of our fans. Yes Steve is getting older and health issues have perhaps put him on the fringes of our team but he is still an excellent player to call upon.

Im very glad he proved you wrong last night :ayatollah:

PS

All this "bottling" business. I suppose we shouldnt have played Whitts either then? As he was part of DJ's teams over the past few seasons. Get a grip.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:12 pm

glas wrote:He is a throwback to our old "bottling" days under DJ.

Always gives away unnecessary free kicks, usually near our own penalty area, putting the team under pressure. Something we don't need tonight with the size of their team.

Spins around so he can use his left leg, so wastes time and slows momentum. Gets caught out by trying to tackle only with his left leg. I am starting to wonder does he ever use his right leg, (probably only for balance). The most one sided player I have ever seen.

TAXI FOR GLAS! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:12 pm

Felt we really missed Macca when he was subbed (not complaining the decision he was clearly knackered).

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:19 pm

CCFCBULL wrote:This thread shows just how much some fans know - f all.

McPhail is possibly the most underated player we have had for some time. The guy is quality, and in the big games he keeps the ball, and gets us ticking.

He has receieved plaudits from a lot of pundits and players a like over his career, and yet he isnt good enough for some of our fans. Yes Steve is getting older and health issues have perhaps put him on the fringes of our team but he is still an excellent player to call upon.

Im very glad he proved you wrong last night :ayatollah:

PS

All this "bottling" business. I suppose we shouldnt have played Whitts either then? As he was part of DJ's teams over the past few seasons. Get a grip.

Yep the rest of your post really proves that.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:20 pm

polo wrote:

CRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGE!!!!!!

:roll: Can't you do better than that. Hopeless.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:21 pm

RFMH wrote:Felt we really missed Macca when he was subbed (not complaining the decision he was clearly knackered).

Oh my lord, JUST f*cking HOW?

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:23 pm

TBW we have debated this topic many a time, and we always differ. :lol:
But please dont tell you sit there and watch every single step he takes, it seems like you have a man crush on him FFS :lol:

I thought Macca was superb lastnight, patient, keeps it easy, keeps possesion, keeps us ticking over.
With gunnarson, whits etc around him, he is the perfect foil for them in there.
By no means is he our best midfielder, his best years are gone, but by f**k does he do a good job and put a shift in when he puts on his blue shirt.
:ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:28 pm

polo wrote:Macca was superb last night. Keeps the play ticking over, switches the ball from side to side brilliantly making Palace chase shadows all night.

Also,with Macca in that role it gives Whitts more licence to push forward, which is where he caqn do most damage.

Well played Macca.

Jeepers creepers, well if you want to watch 'side to side' football then you should get a season ticket for the Liberty.

The above is totally typical the nonsense that is plucked out of the air to justify brainwashed opinions about McPhail.

Last night he sat in front of the back four against a team that had no ambition to come forward, hence he had nothing to do.

Coming forward he offered nothing and to be honest to praise him like that is to insult those who did make a fantastic effort.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:28 pm

RFMH wrote:Felt we really missed Macca when he was subbed (not complaining the decision he was clearly knackered).

thats his opinion tony,he might actually like mcphail ;)

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:34 pm

milly44 wrote:

TBW we have debated this topic many a time, and we always differ. :lol:
But please dont tell you sit there and watch every single step he takes, it seems like you have a man crush on him FFS :lol:

I thought Macca was superb lastnight, patient, keeps it easy, keeps possesion, keeps us ticking over.
With gunnarson, whits etc around him, he is the perfect foil for them in there.
By no means is he our best midfielder, his best years are gone, but by f**k does he do a good job and put a shift in when he puts on his blue shirt.
:ayatollah:

Milly at least you conceede that he is by no means our best midfielder. However, 2Blue for example has stated he was Man of the Match and that is what pisses me off, the over the top praise for someone who at best is a squad player.

Honestly last night was he better than Whittingham, Gunnasson, Cowie etc? No way is that true.

He hasn't scored for nearly 4 years, gives away free kicks and only passes sides or backwards and if one goes forward 50% of the time we lose possession. That is not a player that is going to advance this club at all and I just wish the deluded would understand that.

I have my opinion on him and it won't change and no silly 'snipes' about 'man crushes' will change that.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:34 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote: Jeepers creepers, well if you want to watch 'side to side' football then you should get a season ticket for the Liberty.

The above is totally typical the nonsense that is plucked out of the air to justify brainwashed opinions about McPhail.

Last night he sat in front of the back four against a team that had no ambition to come forward, hence he had nothing to do.

Coming forward he offered nothing and to be honest to praise him like that is to insult those who did make a fantastic effort.

tell the truth, what did he do to you? did he reject your offer for a bum or summin :lol:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:35 pm

boxerbob wrote:

thats his opinion tony,he might actually like mcphail ;)

And what is wrong with me asking for him expand that opinion?

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:36 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote: Jeepers creepers, well if you want to watch 'side to side' football then you should get a season ticket for the Liberty.

tell the truth, what did he do to you? did he reject your offer for a bum or summin :lol:

Really poor.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:36 pm

polo wrote:Macca was superb last night. Keeps the play ticking over, switches the ball from side to side brilliantly making Palace chase shadows all night.

Well played Macca.

Jeepers creepers, well if you want to watch 'side to side' football then you should get a season ticket for the Liberty.

Good point made, with macca playing playing deeper it allowed whits to put his stamp on the game in more dangerous areas.