Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Learn it and sing it!

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:38 pm

Canton Blue has raised this and I agree. The humming is embarrassing. We need to learn the words and sing it loud & proud or even get the words put up on the big screen when Ali plays it;

Men of Harlech stop your dreaming
Can't you see their spear points gleaming
See their warrior pennants streaming
To this battlefield

Men of Harlech stand ye steady
It cannot be ever said ye
For the battle were not ready
Stand and never yield

From the hills rebounding
Let this song be sounding
Summon all at Cardiff's call
The mighty force surrounding

Men of Harlech on to glory
This will ever be your story
Keep these burning words before ye
Welshmen will not yield

Lets get the place rocking tonight! :ayatollah:

Re: Learn it and sing it!

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:50 pm

garblu wrote:Canton Blue has raised this and I agree. The humming is embarrassing. We need to learn the words and sing it loud & proud or even get the words put up on the big screen when Ali plays it;

To this battlefield

Stand and never yield

Welshmen will not yield

:ayatollah:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Palace fans will be making alot of noise tonight. We MUST drown them out.
Learning the words to men of Harlech will help
BUT
old favourites like
I'll be there
CCFC the greatest team in football
etc ect must be sung continuously throughout the match to let the boys know we are there.
In this game the 12th man counts and that is us.
I will be starting the singing when / if it goes quiet by me. but everyone on here needs to do the same.
There will be many part time supporters there tonight, we need to get them singing or we could sound like the away team.

Pick our team up if they need it, enchorage for more if they don't.
Then of course we sing our Wembley songs in the second half if we are ahead.

Palace will have about 4000 dedicated supporters, i will be gutted if they are louder and more consistant than us, but we can ensure they are not. Nudge your supporters into singing if they are sitting quiet.
My boy is only 3 years old, he has been taught the two chants i mentioned above and will be singing tonight.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:01 pm

No chance. football chants are short and sweet. this is a hymn

why dot we all sing the old rugged cross ffs.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:07 pm

i will be singing continuously from my seat in the canton stand as always
cmon city :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:17 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:No chance. football chants are short and sweet. this is a hymn

Thats why i suggested ccfc greatest team in football.........
and
i'll be there

Come on city supporters, just give some support and ensure we drown out those palace supporters.
lets get the biggest thread on this foum of yes ill be doing my bit. Everyone of you matters and each and everyone on here can make that difference. We are quick enough as supporters to moan at any poor performance on the pitch. Its our turn now to make a great performance in the stands, let the boys do the magic on the pitch ( Make palace dissappear).
Lets get 2400 pledges of chants for tonight.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:21 pm

Yeah at Reading this season we just stuck to the simple chants everyone knows,but do them continuous regardless of how the game is going and it creates a cracking atmosphere.
Palace are a very organised side defensively so i really dont see an early goal coming,we must keep the volume up though and im sure we will get there eventually,the players need to know we are behind them 100%

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Dreamteam wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:No chance. football chants are short and sweet. this is a hymn

Thats why i suggested ccfc greatest team in football.........
and
i'll be there

Come on city supporters, just give some support and ensure we drown out those palace supporters.
lets get the biggest thread on this foum of yes ill be doing my bit. Everyone of you matters and each and everyone on here can make that difference. We are quick enough as supporters to moan at any poor performance on the pitch. Its our turn now to make a great performance in the stands, let the boys do the magic on the pitch ( Make palace dissappear).
Lets get 2400 pledges of chants for tonight.

I don't expect to have any voice left tomorrow.

I'll be there, I'll be there, shouting myself hoarse, I'll be there!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:24 pm

englishbluebird wrote:Yeah at Reading this season we just stuck to the simple chants everyone knows,but do them continuous regardless of how the game is going and it creates a cracking atmosphere.
Palace are a very organised side defensively so i really dont see an early goal coming,we must keep the volume up though and im sure we will get there eventually,the players need to know we are behind them 100%

Spot on.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Exactly.

Stick your egg and church songs where the back dont shine.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:37 pm

polo wrote:

Exactly.

Stick your egg and church songs where the back dont shine.

Men of Harlech or Gorhoffedd Gwŷr Harlech has absolutely nothing to do with church or rugby.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Just before the start of kick off when they play men of harlech why dont they put the words up on the screen.

Ive seen it done at the millennium for the welsh anthem.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:42 pm

adr wrote:Just before the start of kick off when they play men of harlech why dont they put the words up on the screen.

I know. It absolutely staggers me that they have to put the words to our OWN anthem on a big screen :roll: I mean who the hell doesn't know the words???

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:48 pm

harold pinta wrote:
adr wrote:Just before the start of kick off when they play men of harlech why dont they put the words up on the screen.

I know. It absolutely staggers me that they have to put the words to our OWN anthem on a big screen :roll: I mean who the hell doesn't know the words???

People who have better things to do with their time than learn a language that belongs in noahs ark times

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:53 pm

polo wrote:
harold pinta wrote:

People who have better things to do with their time than learn a language that belongs in noahs ark times

Fair enough, if you've got better things to do than learn your own national anthem. Do you realise you don't need to learn Welsh to learn the anthem? It's very, very easy.

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra mad,
Dros ryddid collasant eu gwaed.
(Chorus)
Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Tra môr yn fur i'r bur hoff bau,
O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:03 pm

Why people are arguing over what we sing i do not know
FFS just sing what you want but when you can make some noise and support the team

JUST MAKE SURE WE ARE 10 TIMES LOUDER THAN THE 4000 PALACE FANS

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:28 pm

garblu wrote:Canton Blue has raised this and I agree. The humming is embarrassing. We need to learn the words and sing it loud & proud or even get the words put up on the big screen when Ali plays it;

To this battlefield

Stand and never yield

Welshmen will not yield

also ali needs to play the full song,really p@sses me off that he cuts it short :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:05 pm

To this battlefield

Stand and never yield

Welshmen will not yield

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You have no hope sorry mate, This lot cant learn jack shit. there would be no songs at all in the CCS if not for YOU ARE MY ONLY CARDIFF, and they only sing that cos some of them remember they Live in Cardiff.