Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Balotelli Stamping

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:02 am

Balotelli has been charged today with stamping Scott Parker. I have looked at the video several times and whilst I believe there was intent there I cannot see actual contact being made with anything other than with the ground. Has anybody seen any video coverage which clearly shows he connected with Scott Parker or are the FA basing it on Parkers reaction.

Re: Balotelli Stamping

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:52 am

welshden wrote:Balotelli has been charged today with stamping Scott Parker. I have looked at the video several times and whilst I believe there was intent there I cannot see actual contact being made with anything other than with the ground. Has anybody seen any video coverage which clearly shows he connected with Scott Parker or are the FA basing it on Parkers reaction.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:06 am

for me it was a blatent stamp, gravity would not have taken his foot in a backward motion, he might not have connected but that's not the point......6 months ban, should stop that sort of shit....but the FA have not got the balls (exuse the pun).

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 am

It makes no difference if he connected or not, he tried to do it.....does that mean if a player throws a punch but misses he should be let off???

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:43 am

It wasnt intentional

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:49 am

Caerdydd12 wrote:It wasnt intentional

it clearly was! who, when falling forwards sticks their leg out backwards??? only people who want to fall flat on their face would do that.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Doesn't matter whether he connected with Scott Parkers head or not,the intention was there. No room for this in football,he should be banned for longer,better still,banned for life. The man is a pig.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:45 pm

I totally agree, the FA are being way too harsh on Balotelli!! :ayatollah:
Balotelli, forever blue! :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:51 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:

it clearly was! who, when falling forwards sticks their leg out backwards??? only people who want to fall flat on their face would do that.

It clearly wasn't! If you see the coverage after the game, he didn't look backwards and didn't realise that Scott Parker was behind him on the floor and yet when someone pushes him he sticks his foot backwards for balance so he wouldn't fall but Scott Parker was on the floor
Balotelli shouldn't be charged!!
The FA are run by mindless idiots who just sit down doing nothing eating burgers and laughing at each other because they are uneducated. If I had the choice, I would fire the FA and put in experienced, educated and people who take things seriously :evil:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:00 am

he knew exactly that parker was behind him.....thats part of his job discription.....ffs