Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Feedback about the drum "

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:11 pm

Get Simon insole to earn his money and confiscate the drum. Give him his baton , he,s quite skill full with it. :D

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Anything that keeps the crowd and the team upbeat is postive. Well done and keep going!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Vince the drum is another idea to try and better the atmosphere, link it to the tannoy if you can :lol:

I am sure Ali can sort it out, ok we may be fined by the FL but stuff it why not. :lol:

Keep it going Vince you are doing a grand job, we will have to think of something to get the family stand going.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:32 pm

It is about acoustics. The sound is being lost in the space the drum is in. (the big gap at the back) That's why the Pompey drum sounded louder. (IMHO)
Either get some sound boards behind or bring the drum down. :ayatollah:

BTW, If sound boards were put around the stadium in front of the gap, the acoustics would be so much better. (even with ply-boards) They would make great advertising hoardings so would pay for themselves too. ;)

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:40 pm

not tomorrow please. Don't think the crowd will need anything to get them going tomorrow. Same as big games in both this stadium and ninian. Dont need any gimics.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:42 pm

SBF1 wrote:It is about acoustics. The sound is being lost in the space the drum is in. (the big gap at the back) That's why the Pompey drum sounded louder. (IMHO)

BTW, If sound boards were put around the stadium in front of the gap, the acoustics would be so much better. (even with ply-boards) They would make great advertising hoardings so would pay for themselves too. ;)

Best way to stop the away drum being louder is to stop them bringing it in.while we are at it paint the away dressing room black,make it half the size and only cold air blown in.We are the home team,we make the rules :D

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:44 pm

blue 64 wrote:
SBF1 wrote:It is about acoustics. The sound is being lost in the space the drum is in. (the big gap at the back) That's why the Pompey drum sounded louder. (IMHO)

Best way to stop the away drum being louder is to stop them bringing it in.while we are at it paint the away dressing room black,make it half the size and only cold air blown in.We are the home team,we make the rules :D

We do what we like..... :D :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:44 pm

blue 64 wrote:

They actually do have differences to the away changing room in the Emirates.

The home changing room is a horseshoe shape because Wenger believes that's the best shape for a team talk.

The away room is a square.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:46 pm

Vince I have and never will have a bad word to say about you. The atmosphere needed a kick up the ass and if the drum helps then its fine by me, those moaning about it....if you was quick enough to sing and shout instead of moaning and sitting there shaking your head with your arms crossed maybe we wouldn't need a drum! keep it up vince

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:49 pm

My opinion is (I'm allowed one) it's a right pain in the arse (ear) if i'd known you would be right behind me then I wouldn't have chosen that seat. Where is your season ticket seat too? Can you not play it there? There were complaints earlier that the atmosphere next to the away end was shite, should you not try it out there as the canton have always said we are better than them in the bob bank.
Personally i can't be doing with the drum where it is situated now. Selfish but there you go. Numerous supporters have lasted about 10 mins at the most and moved, myself included.

Please move to the bob bank, they need it more than the canton.....!!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:55 pm

Minty wrote:My opinion is (I'm allowed one) it's a right pain in the arse (ear) if i'd known you would be right behind me then I wouldn't have chosen that seat. Where is your season ticket seat too? Can you not play it there? There were complaints earlier that the atmosphere next to the away end was shite, should you not try it out there as the canton have always said we are better than them in the bob bank.
Personally i can't be doing with the drum where it is situated now. Selfish but there you go. Numerous supporters have lasted about 10 mins at the most and moved, myself included.

I would prefer it if the drum was in 117 where I sit. :D It would drown out the away fans as well!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:58 pm

Think the drum is brilliant idea, more noise the better keep it up. Pompey didn't miss a beat even when we scored they kept going i don't even think they cared who scored

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:59 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
Minty wrote:My opinion is (I'm allowed one) it's a right pain in the arse (ear) if i'd known you would be right behind me then I wouldn't have chosen that seat. Where is your season ticket seat too? Can you not play it there? There were complaints earlier that the atmosphere next to the away end was shite, should you not try it out there as the canton have always said we are better than them in the bob bank.

I would prefer it if the drum was in 117 where I sit. :D It would drown out the away fans as well!

Minty Likes.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:07 pm

JonCCFC wrote:It's great that you're doing something to help create a better atmosphere :ayatollah:

Couldn't hear the drum at all in the Ninian on Saturday though as there were two Pompey drummers. :lol:
If Palace take a drum tomorrow, they will definitely outsing us, just as Pompey did. It's a stupid idea that away fans are even allowed to take them.

Keep it up Vince, the drum is working. :ayatollah:

Totally agree - love the idea of our drum but we should ban away drums - this is CCFC stadium after all!!!

:ayatollah: :old:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:01 pm

Long live the drum, it's definately helped improve the atmosphere. Good work Vince

Canton is much louder now, and maybe eventually the singing will start spreading to the grandstand and the quiet section of the ninian

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Could hardly hear it over pompey's drum and bells saturday purely because I was closer to them, but keep it up!

and tell the drummer to give it a good f**king whack tuesday get the place bouncing :ayatollah:

Re: Feedback about the drum

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:23 pm

Merlin wrote:The only negative thing I have to say about the drum is that it is beat way too slowly! I find myself along with others, singing songs at a much slower pace, Get to the end of the song and there are STILL people finishing up singing the same song!!

So please give the drummer 2 cans of Red Bull at 7.40pm cheers. :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

i want to see him banging it as fast as this for the whole 90 mins!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFGS1uBthO4

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:11 pm

personally i found it quite annoying and i think its makes the atmosphere worse. but if the majority of people prefer it, then thats fine by me, only other thing i would say is not everyone uses the forums to voice their opinion, the 5 other people i watch with dont and none of them liked the drums either.

p.s. you weren't as annoying as the pompey drummer.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Vince,

Like you I was a drummer some time ago and played in all over South Wales.

At the Portsmouth game I was very dissapointed with the tempo and felt that the Pompey drum was much more 'with it'
and gave their fans a disproportionate amount of 'voice'

My wife thought the whole thing aweful and said it spoilt the singing..I agree

Drums are great in the correct setting but are a distraction when you are trying to watch a game of football.

Throw the beater away and leats get back to normal

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:09 pm

I think the atmosphere has been hugely improved since the drum came along, it's bringing more out of the fans and the players alike. Keep banging that thing! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:32 pm

Not knocking the idea because I think, in principle, it's a good one....but was it because of the drum the Canton only seemed to sing one song.......Barmy Army??

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:09 am

Keep it going mate, Got alot more people singing IMO.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:51 am

you will never please all of the people,all off the time :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: its ok with me to carry on

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:23 am

Think it great & long overdue,,,,just need a little work here & their thats all. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:50 am

Not knocking what your doing Vince but the drum just isnt for me. Just shows that our support these days is shit!

Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:21 am

Vince stop banging on about it mun :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:40 pm

I love the drum.

However, my complaint is its too quiet. Maybe 2 or 3 drums would do the trick. Like they have in marching bands. You could then do some parradiddles and some ratatouille or whatever it's called.

I'm loving it

Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:03 pm

I saw someone before say that maybe there should be a microphone or something where you could have speakers around the stadium so the other parts can hear it, I sit in the family stand and can't really hear the drum so that would be a good idea.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

keep it going Vince, it will get better with time, I'm in the Family Stand and fair play Pompey's drummers were ace, I was tapping my feet all through the game and would have joined in with their songs if I new the words :lol: :lol: it can be that inspirational :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Great idea, love the drum!! Its been boring until now