Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" JUST MY HONEST OPINION/BELIEF "

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:37 pm

" JUST MY HONEST OPINION/BELIEF "
Our current board are waiting to see if we get to Wembley before they open the purse anymore to Malky.
That does not mean we wont sign anyone, it just means in my opinion some of Malky's main targets will depend on us getting to Wembley.

Any opinions ? :ayatollah:

Re: " JUST MY HONEST OPINION/BELIEF "

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Sensible really, if we get to the final use that money as extra :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:39 pm

Malky has more than earned the right to a few more signings, he has done an outstanding job since he came here, wembley appearance or not :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" JUST MY HONEST OPINION/BELIEF "
Our current board are waiting to see if we get to Wembley before they open the purse anymore to Malky.
That does not mean we wont sign anyone, it just means in my opinion some of Malky's main targets will depend on us getting to Wembley.

We'll know in 2 days' time.

To be fair, we've done better than expected so far this season, so I think their approach is cautious, but not out of touch.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:47 pm

It's not very often that we disagree Annis but I think MM has a budget which has been agreed and we are moving to try and sign players he has targeted.

Will we spend more money if we reach the Carling Cup Final who knows but there is no doubt we are already willing to spend and thats a huge positive.

We are in a fantastic position and the board are backing MM and I for one am looking forward to the next few months. It's agreat time to be a Bluebirds fan as for the first time in years the club are as one, owners, manager, players and fans.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Malky has more than earned the right to a few more signings, he has done an outstanding job since he came here, wembley appearance or not :ayatollah:

I agree, but their point is - Get to Wembley and you'll get the cash for players to help you in the league. Because lets be fair, very unlikely we will win the league cup. (although anything's possible I suppose with Liverpool in such bad form!) ;)

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:15 pm

100% agree.

They may have a budget but if we win tomorrow the owners will be blown away by the euphoria & give Malky what he needs.

If we go out on the other hand the Manager might struggle to twist their arm till the summer.

This game is huge for Malky and we need to get behind him with Ninian Park style noise!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:45 pm

The most important thing now, is not promotion, but getting the clubs finances into shape, which the owners seem to be doing slowly and steadily. People keep on saying every year that "we wont get a better chance than now" yet we get closer every season, and the teams that get relegated from the Premiership are no stronger than those promoted from two divisions below them!

So, I say we go slowly, not overspend, and trust the manager to build for the future with the right signings, not knee jerk signings. Have a look who will more than likely get relegated, Wigan, Blackburn. Bolton, Wolves etc, they will be no stronger than us if they come down. Teams getting promoted all have financial problems Charlton, sheffield etc, so I reckon next year will be just as great an opportunity as this year, las year and the ones before that. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:17 pm

imo malky knows the money we got to spend , imo ithink about 5 million , imo we are playing it right by keeping it to ourselves ,why let selling clubs of those players we are after know what we got to spend and then be held to ransome , its about time people woke up to the fact our owners and manager are profesional people and a lot smarter than a lot of the people on this board , lets show them some respect and stop moaning and let them get on with taking us to wembley and the premier league :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :old:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:28 pm

I hope not as I am not sure we will get through. It just seems to be too important to Palace to save their season, they have nothing left to play for apart from Wembley and the totally changed team last Saturday proves this.

Let's hope the lesser budget doesn't mean we have to settle for a play-off push as opposed to an automatic push.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:34 pm

It seems perfectly reasonable to me that a budget has been agreed with the provisio that the amount will be increased by the £500k we would expect to make from a trip to Wembley.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:47 pm

Absolutely not the case. Totally unrelated not an opinion this is fact. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:58 pm

steve borley wrote:Absolutely not the case. Totally unrelated not an opinion this is fact. :ayatollah:

Oh well that ends this thread :lol:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:03 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
steve borley wrote:Absolutely not the case. Totally unrelated not an opinion this is fact. :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

More likely clubs will up their asking price if they know we're about to make a few bob from Wembley.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:24 am

Steve would you like to elaborate on this, we keep missing out on Malky's targets and our bids are way below the asking price ?
I've emailed you.

Great to hear then Steve, I really hope then my opinion is totally wrong. Lets wait and see then. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:30 am

If true i find it shocking that malky is not being backed regardless of carling cup,the manager and team are a single point off automatic,if they are serious about getting to the prem,then get the cheque book out now,regardless of cup. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:48 pm

krabb wrote:

If true i find it shocking that malky is not being backed regardless of carling cup,the manager and team are a single point off automatic,if they are serious about getting to the prem,then get the cheque book out now,regardless of cup. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Kevin, We will see.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:07 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:The most important thing now, is not promotion, but getting the clubs finances into shape, which the owners seem to be doing slowly and steadily. People keep on saying every year that "we wont get a better chance than now" yet we get closer every season, and the teams that get relegated from the Premiership are no stronger than those promoted from two divisions below them!

So, I say we go slowly, not overspend, and trust the manager to build for the future with the right signings, not knee jerk signings. Have a look who will more than likely get relegated, Wigan, Blackburn. Bolton, Wolves etc, they will be no stronger than us if they come down. Teams getting promoted all have financial problems Charlton, sheffield etc, so I reckon next year will be just as great an opportunity as this year, las year and the ones before that. :ayatollah:

Hooray someone with common sense :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:10 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:The most important thing now, is not promotion, but getting the clubs finances into shape, which the owners seem to be doing slowly and steadily. People keep on saying every year that "we wont get a better chance than now" yet we get closer every season, and the teams that get relegated from the Premiership are no stronger than those promoted from two divisions below them!

Hooray someone with common sense :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Don't agree, Yes I would of in July/August and September, but once your up there and so near, why not want to go all the way and why waste another season in the Championship ? :ayatollah:

I am not saying over spend, I am saying back Malky and as we have money why not ?
Surely if you were both honest, now we are up there, you would be hurt if we failed again ?

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Annis, when you bid for a player there is no asking price. you simply bid what you think the player is worth and then if they want to sell a dialog takes place. Unlike previuos regimes we dont advertise who we have bid for and how much we have bid.
Take a look around the league West Ham, Southampton and leicester have all been knocked back on their major targets. Its nothing to do with backing anyone. Celtic slapped a price of 80mil on Hooper and Spurs 150 mill on Bale. what does that tell you and there is a big reluctance to sell to a club in the same division especially if they are competion for promotion. The manager is quietly going about his business and he has not let anyone down with his aquisitions so far. The only moves in this division have been upwards at the expense of Leeds.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:36 pm

steve borley wrote:Annis, when you bid for a player there is no asking price. you simply bid what you think the player is worth and then if they want to sell a dialog takes place. Unlike previuos regimes we dont advertise who we have bid for and how much we have bid.
Take a look around the league West Ham, Southampton and leicester have all been knocked back on their major targets. Its nothing to do with backing anyone. Celtic slapped a price of 80mil on Hooper and Spurs 150 mill on Bale. what does that tell you and there is a big reluctance to sell to a club in the same division especially if they are competion for promotion. The manager is quietly going about his business and he has not let anyone down with his aquisitions so far. The only moves in this division have been upwards at the expense of Leeds.

cheers for clearing this up. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:43 pm

steve borley wrote:Annis, when you bid for a player there is no asking price. you simply bid what you think the player is worth and then if they want to sell a dialog takes place. Unlike previuos regimes we dont advertise who we have bid for and how much we have bid.

Steve, thanks for the insights and also for chatting with the fans on here.

Great views as to the goings on in the current market. It has been quite slow, you're right which must make it tough for everyone.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:51 pm

and can you clear 1 thing up,the 150 million for bale,is this because city made a bid for bale and the lad is considering the move :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:51 pm

Cheers Steve. :ayatollah:

I can see 2 or 3 players this week. :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:05 am

Well, the money is there now. WEMBLEY WEMBLEY. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:52 am

It doesn't matter now annis :lol:

A classic win-win :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:15 am

Well done tonight city.

Malky should be backed now... Not many points between us and the top... No one expected the jerks to go up last season but they managed it...

Back Malky and give the team the extra boost needed to push for promotion.

What ever happens it's a great time to follow us.... :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:14 am

Miller time wrote:Well done tonight city.

Malky should be backed now... Not many points between us and the top... No one expected the jerks to go up last season but they managed it...

Back Malky and give the team the extra boost needed to push for promotion.

What ever happens it's a great time to follow us.... :ayatollah:

SUPERB TIMES, GIVE MALKY THE MONEY. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:15 am

Damned Yank wrote:It doesn't matter now annis :lol:

A classic win-win :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol:

WEMBLEY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: