Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THOUSANDS OF SEASON TICKET HOLDERS NEVER "

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:51 pm

Thousands of season ticket holders never bought Palace tickets.
Crowd well over 24,500 now.

Is this a good thing or bad ?

ALSO WERE NOT SOLD OUT YET, COME ON :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Don't go by eticketing, means nothing as other tickets are put aside.

Re: " THOUSANDS OF SEASON TICKET HOLDERS NEVER "

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:54 pm

Interesting, I do wonder if they dont want to go or just couldnt afford it.

Could it be to do with School and the potential for this game to go on til pretty late? who knows.
Still a good attendance.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Interesting, I do wonder if they dont want to go or just couldnt afford it.

Could it be to do with School and the potential for this game to go on til pretty late? who knows.
Still a good attendance.

The good side about it Luke, is that it shows we have thousands of other fans. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Thousands of season ticket holders never bought Palace tickets.

Could mean that thousands of Season Ticket holders didn't purchase prior to the deadline before they want on general sale but may have purchased since. I personally missed the deadline by a couple of days and couldn't get my normal season ticket seat but purchased 3 tickets since 2 of which are season ticket holders :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:56 pm

I live in Chepstow and take my two kids (11 year old boy and 8 year old girl)...

We are going but I can fully understand why other parents may not want to take their kids, as goodness knows what time we'll get home (esp if it went to ET and penalties)

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:59 pm

I'm not in my season ticket seat but its on my fan number so that'll probably still count

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Interesting, I do wonder if they dont want to go or just couldnt afford it.

Still a good attendance.

The good side about it Luke, is that it shows we have thousands of other fans. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Indeed Annis :ayatollah: Lets hope its a hell of a game and they come more often :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:03 pm

i didnt buy my tickets because im in the box maybe theres a few like that

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Must admit, I got the closing date and time wrong. However I did manage to get my own seat.

Due to xmas a few season ticket holder I work with bought tickets after the cut off. It would be interesting to know if like me fans ignore plenty of reminders.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:13 pm

I'm surprised that the day before the match we are yet to sell out and it leaves me wondering if it had been Liverpool or Man City how quickly would this game have sold out.

If it is because people are short of money it doesn't bode well for ST when they go on sale but whatever way you look at it a crowd which should be approaching 26k is still good.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:20 pm

it could have been Man City, Liverpool or Barcelona.....i still would not have come to cardiff on a tuesday night, can't take the time off work.....Went to the first leg though.....i suppose some would say that i should be at the end of the queue for Wembley, if we get there......i say Feck Em.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:25 pm

school night will come into play, but i suppose it depends on the child too.
last home semi we promised the kids a curry after the game :( extra time and pen's didnt see us leaving the ground till 10:45 ish

never the less the kids still wanted a curry, we didnt get to the kismet till 11pm and they were up for school the following day.

but i also think its to do with fans trying new seats and not taking up their normal ST seat. so we'll see.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:30 pm

castleblue wrote:I'm surprised that the day before the match we are yet to sell out and it leaves me wondering if it had been Liverpool or Man City how quickly would this game have sold out.

If it is because people are short of money it doesn't bode well for ST when they go on sale but whatever way you look at it a crowd which should be approaching 26k is still good.

Gary, if it had been Liverpool or Man City, I guarantee we would of sold out weeks ago and fans begging for tickets.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:31 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:school night will come into play, but i suppose it depends on the child too.
last home semi we promised the kids a curry after the game :( extra time and pen's didnt see us leaving the ground till 10:45 ish

never the less the kids still wanted a curry, we didnt get to the kismet till 11pm and they were up for school the following day.

but i also think its to do with fans trying new seats and not taking up their normal ST seat. so we'll see.

I know of 2 ST holders who are going but havent bought there tickets yet, it amazes me, I could never be that casual about it lol

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:39 pm

i am one of them...

i havent been paid since december 16th, my priority are my kids being fed and watered.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:42 pm

i havnt got a ticket because on e ticketing rant saying its available, don't really not fancy not sitting by my mates
so tommorow I'm watching on tv :shock:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:I'm surprised that the day before the match we are yet to sell out and it leaves me wondering if it had been Liverpool or Man City how quickly would this game have sold out.

Gary, if it had been Liverpool or Man City, I guarantee we would of sold out weeks ago and fans begging for tickets.

And if we get to wembley the ones that dont turn up tomorrow, will all want their tickets and extra for the big day

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:44 pm

have a season ticket but bought my ticket through E-ticketing to try and get a better seat, few other fans might have had the same idea :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Thousands of season ticket holders never bought Palace tickets.

Annis I wrote my car off in the Brynglas tunnel travelling back for the Blackburn game. Confidence in driving back for midweek games is sapped as a consequence so won't be there in body. Its too much of a rush getting from here to a midweek game without nearly killing myself. So that accounts for 3 tickets, me plus two daughters. I have booked half days for all the remaining midweekers though. Enjoy the night tomorrow all. From my perspective there is no sinister reason why I am not going - would love to be there.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis don't forget that all posh members get their tickets included, well, gold and diamond anyway

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:27 pm

dorsetblue wrote:

Annis I wrote my car off in the Brynglas tunnel travelling back for the Blackburn game. Confidence in driving back for midweek games is sapped as a consequence so won't be there in body. Its too much of a rush getting from here to a midweek game without nearly killing myself. So that accounts for 3 tickets, me plus two daughters. I have booked half days for all the remaining midweekers though. Enjoy the night tomorrow all. From my perspective there is no sinister reason why I am not going - would love to be there.

I remember you telling me, I have not had a go at anyone ,in fact I have said later on, in a way its a good sign as it shows we have plenty more fans out there. :ayatollah:

I hope things are little better for you now. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:27 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis don't forget that all posh members get their tickets included, well, gold and diamond anyway

:lol:

Very true.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:30 pm

I work shifts, by luck more than anything I manage to do most midweek games. Just not so lucky this week.

I can imagine plenty of people being in the same boat with midweek fixtures.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:54 pm

Annis excuse me for being thick but you have said for days that we have less than a 1000 tickets left !! :o :shock: :o :shock: But you say we have sold 24.500. Surely that is 2000 tickets left :?: :?:

Any way if season ticket holders haven't bought tickets my hope for a real atmosphere has increased ten fold :D :D :D :D :D

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Make your mind up. 24500 now. On Saturday you claimed to have just spoken to the ticket office and you said there were less than 700 tickets left on Saturday!!!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:03 pm

Annis,

I've had a season ticket for years, been to the new ground less than 10 times I think, a few aways where and when I can make it. I'm now living between three places through work the nearest to the UK is Denmark and whilst I do have the money to fly back I just don't have the time. Get those lazy WAG fuckwits off their arse and make Cardiff Airport an actual airport so people can actually fly there rather than going through Schipol which takes around 17 hours, then as they say I'll be there.

I haven't passed the ticket on for this one, haven't for a while but I do hope that someone is in my seat tomorrow.

Something that has been muted around for a while and something the 1927 club did for a while was allowing someone else to use the card. It's been paid for after all so if someone like myself can't make it on a regular basis then maybe someone else can make use of it for a small admin "fee" a pound or two, to the club not me. A sort of shared season ticket thing, I pay for it, someone else has the seat for 90% of the games and when get to to finals I'll get two tickets one for me one for the occupant of the seat?

Great idea me thinks. Now my fellow ticket share person should not be a fellow at all but a firm pretty lady with blonde hair, something that resembles a brain and no kids, dogs are OK and a shaven pussy.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:10 pm

I've just re-read that and now have visions of large valley guys who've died their hair blonde holding out the neighbour's cat roughly shaved with their wife's ladyshave.

I'll be solely responsible for next weeks animal cruelity in the valley's and have the RSPCA version of the SAS hunting me down :shock:

Ah well......

Such is life

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:I've just re-read that and now have visions of large valley guys who've died their hair blonde holding out the neighbour's cat roughly shaved with their wife's ladyshave.

I'll be solely responsible for next weeks animal cruelity in the valley's and have the RSPCA version of the SAS hunting me down :shock:

Ah well......

Such is life

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:43 pm

blueheaven wrote:

Could mean that thousands of Season Ticket holders didn't purchase prior to the deadline before they want on general sale but may have purchased since. I personally missed the deadline by a couple of days and couldn't get my normal season ticket seat but purchased 3 tickets since 2 of which are season ticket holders :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Same here I didn't purchase mine until today so wouldn't be counted! Sure tyere's a lot more like me who just didn't have the money until last minute!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:45 pm

More fool them, wouldn't miss it for the world