Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Matt Phillips - something doesn't add up?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:24 pm

I'm pretty sure Blackpool turned down a big bid not long ago for him from a premier league club, yet ollie has sent him out on loan as well? Maybe it's a smoke screen or even someway of getting Brighton to sell Noone?

I never discredit what Carl knows and tells us, but I don't know why, I just smell something fishy? £500,0000 ?? :|

Re: Matt Phillips - something doesn't add up?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:30 pm

Blackpool paid 700k for him from Wycombe and he is a betetr player now so I was thinking the same

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:30 pm

Merlin wrote:I'm pretty sure Blackpool turned down a big bid not long ago for him from a premier league club, yet ollie has sent him out on loan as well? Maybe it's a smoke screen or even someway of getting Brighton to sell Noone?

I never discredit what Carl knows and tells us, but I don't know why, I just smell something fishy? £500,0000 ?? :|

i didn't see this bid happening,malky may well know something about his contract :?:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:31 pm

Merlin, maybe earnie holds the key to this bid. i know they've got kevin phillips but i do remember holloway sticking his nose in when we played up there saying that he doesn't understand why earnie is on the bench etc. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:37 pm

boxerbob wrote:
Merlin wrote:I'm pretty sure Blackpool turned down a big bid not long ago for him from a premier league club, yet ollie has sent him out on loan as well? Maybe it's a smoke screen or even someway of getting Brighton to sell Noone?

i didn't see this bid happening,malky may well know something about his contract :?:

Did malky manage to squeeze a bit more out of tan. Fee plus earnie??

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:41 pm

blue 64 wrote:
boxerbob wrote:

Did malky manage to squeeze a bit more out of tan. Fee plus earnie??

Whats Earnie worth? hasn't played for a while and even that plus £500k still doesn't get you Phillips???? not in the real world anyway? hmmm

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:44 pm

Didn't Blackpool try to get Earnie before he came home?

Maybe some kind of deal will be done, but I would keep Earnie.
May have a part to play in the season yet. Did well at WBA in cup.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:08 pm

neeball wrote:Blackpool paid 700k for him from Wycombe and he is a betetr player now so I was thinking the same

Blackpool paid £350k for him with variousadd ons which could take the deal to £700k. Also he has only started 12 games for Blackpool thisseason so maybe he is available.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:46 pm

I don't think he'd go to another club in the Championship and make a sidewards move in his career.There's only one place for this lad and it's the Premier League.Blackpool want Dobbie so It'd make sense if he came to Swansea instead.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:47 pm

6 bysedd wrote:I don't think he'd go to another club in the Championship and make a sidewards move in his career.There's only one place for this lad and it's the Premier League.Blackpool want Dobbie so It'd make sense if he came to Swansea instead.

Swansea dont need wingers IMO your spoilt for choice with routledge sinclair and the handbag thief

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:29 pm

Lol the hand bag thieff,bet u would not mind him in your ranks,

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:34 pm

Good player, still a thieving b*stard though

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:40 pm

you never offer what they want cardiff have offered theior lowest price no doubt. blackpool may say no we want so and so price then cardiff will try and meet in the middle ish

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Makes a lot more sense than this Mackie talk everyone keeps on about.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:49 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16688143.stm it says we offered 800k :?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:13 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Lol the hand bag thieff,bet u would not mind him in your ranks,

He spelt the word correctly above your post and you still added an extra F in! jesus..... :lol:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Merlin wrote:
swansealad69 wrote:Lol the hand bag thieff,bet u would not mind him in your ranks,

He spelt the word correctly above your post and you still added an extra F in! jesus..... :lol:

:lol:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:57 pm

Merlin wrote:

thats because he is obsessed with cardiFF he loves the double f

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:22 pm

welshjon wrote:
Merlin wrote:

thats because he is obsessed with cardiFF he loves the double f

:lol:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:57 pm

Bless,is that the best you can come back with?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:04 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Bless,is that the best you can come back with?

Bless, did you use spell check :lol: